• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Simmons or Ingram?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing shooters are a dime a dozen for 20 years. Yet the Sixers can never find them. Keep hearing you can draft athletes and teach them how to shoot Js. Rarely ever happens.

Tired of watching lottery pick brick layers like Evan Turner jack up crap while they are supposedly re-learning how to shoot the basketball at the pro level. Look at the Warriors to see where the league is headed. You need guys that can catch and shoot effortlessly, and that's a skill some never learn.

Even when Philly has hit on guys like this, it's been talents like Andre Igoudala and Thad Young, athletic wings who excelled in many areas but were ultimately just role players. We need a friggin' go-to offensive player!

I'd take Ingram. That's just me. The Sixers haven't had a big time 2 guard since Toney. Who would light up todays NBA.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Mannix from The Vertical was on Dan Patrick this morning and said that a lot of teams are trying to trade up to get the #2 pick and grab Ingram. He says that it's likely going to cost at least 3 first round picks to get it done. He said that, even then, it would only be if there is someone available a little later, where the Lakers feel the gap between Ingram and that player is small enough to make it worth the trade to get more 1st rounders.

Mannix also said that Ingram may be the skinniest player he has ever seen. He said they are trying to put weight on him, but that part of the problem is that he has a very small waist and that doesn't usually bode well for adding weight.

He also said that from what he has seen in workouts, Ingram's 3 point shot looks to be NBA ready.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Mannix from The Vertical was on Dan Patrick this morning and said that a lot of teams are trying to trade up to get the #2 pick and grab Ingram. He says that it's likely going to cost at least 3 first round picks to get it done. He said that, even then, it would only be if there is someone available a little later, where the Lakers feel the gap between Ingram and that player is small enough to make it worth the trade to get more 1st rounders.

Mannix also said that Ingram may be the skinniest player he has ever seen. He said they are trying to put weight on him, but that part of the problem is that he has a very small waist and that doesn't usually bode well for adding weight.

He also said that from what he has seen in workouts, Ingram's 3 point shot looks to be NBA ready.

No. Either trade the #2 for an established star or draft Ingram. Don't trade down in this weak draft.

Ingram will fill out enough. I wouldn't be worried about that. KD is doing fine.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Simmons is the pick, but it is really close. I agree with what others have said. Ingram looks safer, but Simmons has more upside. I would love to see either Noel or Okafor dealt to Boston for that pick. Simmons and Murray would be a lethal duo. Along win Saric and Embiid, they could turn the 6ers fortunes in pretty short order. They would need to sign a respected vet or two to teach the youngsters how to act though.

What I can't stand is hearing people denigrate Sam Hinkie as if the plan was to tank for all of eternity. He would have been turning the ship around this season regardless. Now somebody else will get all the credit.

Hinkie is the fucking man. A visionary. He got done dirty.

Somebody else might not get all the credit. Somebody else might fuck it all up. That is the concern.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Either trade the #2 for an established star or draft Ingram. Don't trade down in this weak draft.

Ingram will fill out enough. I wouldn't be worried about that. KD is doing fine.

I agree on the established star. However, it depends on the established star.

If, for example, the Knicks were to offer 'Melo for the #2...fuvk that. He's too old and too much of a ballstopper.

If OKC thought that there was no way Westbrook comes back after next season and wanted to trade him for the #2...you definitely do that.

As far as picks, for me, it would depend on where the picks were coming from and when. If it's team that is unlikely to be very good next year and they want to give say this year and next 2 years first rounders or this years, next years and a solid player, I think you have to consider that because you can maybe grab a guy like Poetl who fills a need a center this year and have a lottery pick in next years draft which is supposed to be considerably deeper.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way. The only way the Lakers should even consider dealing this pick is if they were somehow pulling an '07 Celtics. If they sign a stud FA, trade Russell for another star, then and only then should they consider dealing the pick.

Ingram is the type of player a rebuilding team needs to build around.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. The only way the Lakers should even consider dealing this pick is if they were somehow pulling an '07 Celtics. If they sign a stud FA, trade Russell for another star, then and only then should they consider dealing the pick.

Agree.

Long-term solution over short-term fix.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would assume if they do trade the pick for an established player, then they are trying for the quick turnaround similar to the '07 Celtics. Otherwise, I'm in agreement. Draft Ingram. I would not trade down just to acquire some more first round picks which is what Chris Mannix was suggesting as a possibility. I'm embracing the youth movement and the hopeful upward growth and success trend.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. I think Ingram fills more of a need. He's a better defender and can shoot from outside, but some are calling Simmons the next Lebron.

Rumors are that Simmons and his people are making noise about him wanting to go to the Lakers. It'll be interesting to see if the Sixers take him anyway or decide they don't want a guy who doesn't want them.

Simmons doesn't look like the next lebron lol

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling but I think Ingram will be a better nba player than Simmons. Book it

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling but I think Ingram will be a better nba player than Simmons. Book it

You may be right. Don't think that is going very far out on your limb though. Many think they are equally talented.

This draft class is always being called weak, but I see 5 or 6 players who could legitimately develop into NBA stars. I know this is not an elite class, but not as weak as some make it out to be. This is not like Kwame Brown's year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right. Don't think that is going very far out on your limb though. Many think they are equally talented.

Just depends on what they add to their games. Ingram is a better shooter and defender. Simmons has better handles and is a better passer.

All of those are things that can be developed. Just depends on if they are willing to put in the work.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers had dinner with Ingram Monday night and a private workout

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was having dinner with them on Wednesday followed by a workout on Thursday.

I've never seen a 'true' Lakers fan screw up so many things involving the Lakers. He's some sort of special.

Yes, dinner tomorrow and workout on Thursday.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was having dinner with them on Wednesday followed by a workout on Thursday.
They said on ESPN last night that Ingram was having a private dinner with Ingram and then a private workout - Now if that was scheduled for Thursday, then either they got part of it wrong or I heard them wrong. Either way if it hasn't happened, It will. Possible they had dinner last night and the workout is Thursday too and that would make more sense to me