• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sick & tired of every team resting their starters

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh please. You saw him in that last game against SAS in the Finals. He came out in the 2nd half passive aggressive waiting for someone to give him any kind of help.

That moment right there- if his mind was not made up before it- it was made up then.

Bosh and Wade were just not the guys to help get him over the top anymore.

Kyrie has stepped up this year and proven that it was a great decision- while Wade's injury woes have only continued- and Bosh would not even be avaliabl in the playoffs. I mean- the Heat found Whiteside- and they are still tied for the 9th/10th seed in the EAst and not even playoff bound.

Ill GUARANTEE you if LeBron could pick one guy for a playoff series out of his teammates between this year and last year he picks this years Kyrie every single time

Amazing the shit you talk, but then continue to say that it isn't championship or bust.

And, no Heat fan has ever said that a 10 year younger Kyrie isn't probably the safer choice long term, but if both players are healthy like they are today, I'll gladly take Wade when he's in playoff mode mindset. He's been there and proved he can do it.

As far as injuries, I don't think Wade has missed any games related to his past knee issues.
Both groups of games missed were do to hamstring pulls on opposite legs.

As far as where the Heat 'would be', do we have Whiteside and Dragic, or are you just subtracting Bosh, McRoberts from opening night roster?

I'd still take the Heat if you add James to our roster, today, right now, if James was on it.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record, I'm not being biased in the least. I guarantee you that I am less of a Kobe fan than you are. Pretty much anyone on here can vouch for that. The only reason I root for him is because I'm a Lakers fan and he's a Laker.

I do, however, give him full credit for his great career and for his willingness to play through injury and put the game and his team above his own health.

It's already too late for Lebron to earn that kind of credit. What you fail to understand is that there is more to a players greatness and legacy than his stats. Lebron has some great stats, but he falls far short in everything else.

I am sorry but i just think you are wrong.

I think that Finals MVP's, regular season MVP's, titles matter more than some subjective feeling.

-especially when you consider that there have been periods in Kobe's career where he has been injured and missed entire seasons, and seasons where he was a #7 seed and bounced early.

Say what you will about LeBron- but hes never been a 7 seed, or totally missed the playoffs like Kobe did from 04/05 to 06/07 while in his prime years. -and who knows what LeBron will be doing in his later years...but one thing is for sure- Kobe in his later years has gone in the last 4 seasons winning one playoff series, to getting swept in the first round, to missing the playoffs, to missing the playoffs again this year...

This is a lot of knitpicking- but when you are talking about guys on this high of a level you have to look at everything--- and Kobe in 3 seasons from 04/05- 06/07 did nothing- and the last 4 seasons he has done nothing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and- as far as Lebron being "mentally weak"- the arugment against Kobe is that he was a bad teammate that guys really dont want to play with- while LeBron is a great teammate that guys love playing with.

Trying to deflect again? Typical of you. What the hell does Lebron a great teammate have to be with the fact that he is mentally weak? Absolutely nothing.

Also, that "players don't want to play with Kobe" crap was media b.s. and has been proven as such by guys like Paul George, Kevin Durant and Pau Gasol.

Hell, they're not superstars, but Ron Artest practically stalked Kobe to get join the Lakers and Matt Barnes asked to play there too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing the shit you talk, but then continue to say that it isn't championship or bust.

And, no Heat fan has ever said that a 10 year younger Kyrie isn't probably the safer choice long term, but if both players are healthy like they are today, I'll gladly take Wade when he's in playoff mode mindset. He's been there and proved he can do it.

As far as injuries, I don't think Wade has missed any games related to his past knee issues.
Both groups of games missed were do to hamstring pulls on opposite legs.

if Wade is so healthy then why are the Heat tied for 9th/10th in the Eastern Conference?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to deflect again? Typical of you. What the hell does Lebron a great teammate have to be with the fact that he is mentally weak? Absolutely nothing.

Also, that "players don't want to play with Kobe" crap was media b.s. and has been proven as such by guys like Paul George, Kevin Durant and Pau Gasol.

Hell, they're not superstars, but Ron Artest practically stalked Kobe to get join the Lakers and Matt Barnes asked to play there too.
deflect? you are comparing the two guys!!!! JUST as you are bringing up the arguments against LeBron im doing the same with Kobe- there are serious detriments to both guys

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Durant and George?

I remember the part where they both signed contracts with their own teams- and Gasol was traded there.

As far as i can remember the best guy ever to sign with the Lakers was Artest.- and that trend was continued till present day.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry but i just think you are wrong.

I think that Finals MVP's, regular season MVP's, titles matter more than some subjective feeling.

-especially when you consider that there have been periods in Kobe's career where he has been injured and missed entire seasons, and seasons where he was a #7 seed and bounced early.

Say what you will about LeBron- but hes never been a 7 seed, or totally missed the playoffs like Kobe did from 04/05 to 06/07 while in his prime years. -and who knows what LeBron will be doing in his later years...but one thing is for sure- Kobe in his later years has gone in the last 4 seasons winning one playoff series, to getting swept in the first round, to missing the playoffs, to missing the playoffs again this year...

This is a lot of knitpicking- but when you are talking about guys on this high of a level you have to look at everything--- and Kobe in 3 seasons from 04/05- 06/07 did nothing- and the last 4 seasons he has done nothing.

That's because you don't know even half of what you think you do about basketball and it's obvious you've never played or coached any sport. If you had, you'd understand why it's about more than stats.

Lebron is not mentally tough, won't play through injuries, is 2-3 in the finals and hops back and forth between stacked teams.

What you said about Kobe, just further illustrates why Lebron will never reach Kobe's level. Twice, when the going got tough, Lebron got the hell out of Dodge and jumped to a team he actively worked to stack.

When the going got tough with the Lakers, Kobe stayed.

For that matter, when the going got tough in Miami, D-Wade stayed.

Now that I think of it, Bosh was offered big bucks to go to Houston. He's still in Miami.

Wow, I just realized that Lebron is a bigger pussy than I thought.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deflect? you are comparing the two guys!!!! JUST as you are bringing up the arguments against LeBron im doing the same with Kobe- there are serious detriments to both guys

Yes, deflect. The conversation was about being mentally tough. Your response had nothing to do with that. There are really only 2 options. Either you were deflecting, or you aren't smart enough to keep up.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and went with the former. Although, based on the above response, I may have been incorrect to do so and for that I apologize.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because you don't know even half of what you think you do about basketball and it's obvious you've never played or coached any sport. If you had, you'd understand why it's about more than stats.

Lebron is not mentally tough, won't play through injuries, is 2-3 in the finals and hops back and forth between stacked teams.

What you said about Kobe, just further illustrates why Lebron will never reach Kobe's level. Twice, when the going got tough, Lebron got the hell out of Dodge and jumped to a team he actively worked to stack.

When the going got tough with the Lakers, Kobe stayed.

For that matter, when the going got tough in Miami, D-Wade stayed.

Now that I think of it, Bosh was offered big bucks to go to Houston. He's still in Miami.

Wow, I just realized that Lebron is a bigger pussy than I thought.

are you joking?! at one point Kobe demanded to be traded to Chicago!!! and Bosh got a LOT more money to stay in Miami- i mean, you leave out all these inconvienant truths.

but whatever.....its a dumb argument right now....

LeBron is 30- in his prime and has a ton of basketball left

Kobe is at the end of his career- has been injury prone, and done nothing signifncant in the last 4 years- but right now he DEFINITELY has LeBron beat legacy wise.

When we check back in on this 7, 8, 9 years from now, this debate can actually be had. Hopefully- LeBron will, follow the Duncan model rather than the Kobe model. Hopefully LeBron will take care of himself and take a pay cut to extend his legacy, instead of wear himself down and take so much money that it hurts the team.

LeBron has a long way to go to catch up with Kobe title wise. As for MVP's, he has already passed him up, and Finals MVP's they have the same. Should be a great debate to have someday.

as for the immediate future? It sure seems like LeBron is poised to do some pretty great things over the next 3-4 years with a player like Kyrie by his side.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant and George?

I remember the part where they both signed contracts with their own teams- and Gasol was traded there.

As far as i can remember the best guy ever to sign with the Lakers was Artest.- and that trend was continued till present day.

When it was said that Paul George didn't want to play with Kobe, he said it was crazy. Durant basically said the same thing in an interview.

Gasol was traded there and never wanted to leave. In fact, he was upset when the Lakers kept trying to trade him. Even after all of that, he waited as long as he could to see what the Lakers could do to improve the roster because he wanted to stay. The only reason he left was because he wants to get another ring before he retires and that wasn't happening with the Lakers.

Dante Exum was quoted as saying that he wanted to be a Laker because he wanted to play with and learn from Kobe. Julius Randle said basically the same thing.

Do you ever get tired of being proven wrong?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the actual point of my thread for a second.

Atlanta sat 3 starters tonight. This is becoming a joke. At the rate that teams are resting starters, ticket prices should go down ASAP for all teams.

Atlanta rested aging veteran Paul Millsap who played a total of 11 playoffs games since 2011.

They also rested another aging veteran in 26 year old Jeff Teague in his 6th NBA season.

Ohh yeah how can I forgot about 28 year old DeMarre Carroll. His 11 career postseason games for the 28 year old obviously calls for a rest every week now.

This is so ridiculous

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it was said that Paul George didn't want to play with Kobe, he said it was crazy. Durant basically said the same thing in an interview.

Gasol was traded there and never wanted to leave. In fact, he was upset when the Lakers kept trying to trade him. Even after all of that, he waited as long as he could to see what the Lakers could do to improve the roster because he wanted to stay. The only reason he left was because he wants to get another ring before he retires and that wasn't happening with the Lakers.

Dante Exum was quoted as saying that he wanted to be a Laker because he wanted to play with and learn from Kobe. Julius Randle said basically the same thing.

Do you ever get tired of being proven wrong?
proven wrong? Ithink the difference here is you put a lot of stock in what people say- while i put a lot of stock in what people do

did George and Durant sign with the Lakers? NO...did howard leave the Lakers? Yes

you talk about this amorphous qualities of Kobe that make him so much greater than LeBron- when i talk about objective things- MVP's, Final MVP's, Titles, NBA First teams, playoff appearances, playoff series wins

you cite what people say- while i cite what people do.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you joking?! at one point Kobe demanded to be traded to Chicago!!! and Bosh got a LOT more money to stay in Miami- i mean, you leave out all these inconvienant truths.

but whatever.....its a dumb argument right now....

LeBron is 30- in his prime and has a ton of basketball left

Kobe is at the end of his career- has been injury prone, and done nothing signifncant in the last 4 years- but right now he DEFINITELY has LeBron beat legacy wise.

When we check back in on this 7, 8, 9 years from now, this debate can actually be had. Hopefully- LeBron will, follow the Duncan model rather than the Kobe model. Hopefully LeBron will take care of himself and take a pay cut to extend his legacy, instead of wear himself down and take so much money that it hurts the team.

LeBron has a long way to go to catch up with Kobe title wise. As for MVP's, he has already passed him up, and Finals MVP's they have the same. Should be a great debate to have someday.

as for the immediate future? It sure seems like LeBron is poised to do some pretty great things over the next 3-4 years with a player like Kyrie by his side.

There is a HUGE difference between demanding a trade and actually leaving. Additionally, Kobe never requested a trade to any specific team. He said the Lakers FO needed to get him some help or trade him. They didn't trade him and got 2 more championships. It's sad that you don't understand that.

Again, you can post all of the Lebron stats, hypothetical or otherwise, that you want and it's not going to change Lebron's legacy. He will always be behind Kobe.

Once again, you're wrong. I think you must like being wrong. Are some kind of e-masochist or something?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
proven wrong? Ithink the difference here is you put a lot of stock in what people say- while i put a lot of stock in what people do

did George and Durant sign with the Lakers? NO...did howard leave the Lakers? Yes

you talk about this amorphous qualities of Kobe that make him so much greater than LeBron- when i talk about objective things- MVP's, Final MVP's, Titles, NBA First teams, playoff appearances, playoff series wins

you cite what people say- while i cite what people do.

Yes, proven wrong. Why are you having so much trouble keeping up? The Lakers haven't tried to sign George or Durant. Nice try.

Howard has said that Kobe had nothing to do with him leaving and after the bullshit he pulled in the playoffs, the Lakers put minimal effort into trying to get him to re-sign. They basically offered him a max deal because they had to and refused to cede to any of his demands.

In short, they didn't want him back.

So yes, once again, you're wrong.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Wade is so healthy then why are the Heat tied for 9th/10th in the Eastern Conference?

Coming from a Cavs fans?

Umm..how did you go from a 60+ win team to 4 cumulative years of the worst record in the entire NBA?

You take the obvious hit of losing James, combined with being handcuffed through the important times of FA period combined with all the injuries, and it is what it is.

Regardless of what there record would be, if you put James on the Heat roster tomorrow night, they are much better then the Cavs roster without him.

They would be one tough out in the playoffs, very similar to Ok City, if Durant returns healthy, regardless of seeding.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and again- this is so far from where we started its crazy....i gotta go switch my laundry again- and get to bed.

This Kobe/LeBron thing is a GREAT argument to have- but its an argument that 8-9 years premature.

the thread title talks about guys sitting out that arent hurt.

you guys think LeBron was not hurt when he sat out- I thought he was hurt. And i think how he has played since he sat out was pretty good evidence of such

is there anything else to say before I go finish my stuff?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, proven wrong. Why are you having so much trouble keeping up? The Lakers haven't tried to sign George or Durant. Nice try.

Howard has said that Kobe had nothing to do with him leaving and after the bullshit he pulled in the playoffs, the Lakers put minimal effort into trying to get him to re-sign. They basically offered him a max deal because they had to and refused to cede to any of his demands.

In short, they didn't want him back.

So yes, once again, you're wrong.

I guess we shall see this summer then right? because according to you last summer did not count trying to get Melo or LeBron or anyone else....and i know there were reasons for last summer

but this summer there should be no excuses right? or no?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the actual point of my thread for a second.

Atlanta sat 3 starters tonight. This is becoming a joke. At the rate that teams are resting starters, ticket prices should go down ASAP for all teams.

Atlanta rested aging veteran Paul Millsap who played a total of 11 playoffs games since 2011.

They also rested another aging veteran in 26 year old Jeff Teague in his 6th NBA season.

Ohh yeah how can I forgot about 28 year old DeMarre Carroll. His 11 career postseason games for the 28 year old obviously calls for a rest every week now.

This is so ridiculous

Well, as a Lakers fan, it made for a good game. So I really didn't mind.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as a Lakers fan, it made for a good game. So I really didn't mind.
when i was hoping for the Cavs to get more ping pong balls in the hopper games like tonights were the best---playing tough against a good team and seeing some progress- but not hurting your chances at getting a stud to add to your core.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable but it makes me sick to see teams rest young guys with hardly any mileage on them. I give Memphis more of a pass for resting someone like Z-bo because he been in a game a while put resting guys who aren't even 30 yet in most cased and guys who never been out of the 2nd round before April is a joke to me