• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sick & tired of every team resting their starters

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we shall see this summer then right? because according to you last summer did not count trying to get Melo or LeBron or anyone else....and i know there were reasons for last summer

but this summer there should be no excuses right? or no?

Not that I really care that much about the Lakers FA this summer, but I'll go with no.
Kobe still is around and chewing up tons of cap space.
Then, the potential big money players are going to want to wait another year to get the much bigger max contracts.

If the Lakers haven't landed any big time FA ( but they will have), but the end of FA 2016, then it's fair game to wonder why.
Until then, it's prob pretty much expected.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from a Cavs fans?

Umm..how did you go from a 60+ win team to 4 cumulative years of the worst record in the entire NBA?

You take the obvious hit of losing James, combined with being handcuffed through the important times of FA period combined with all the injuries, and it is what it is.

Regardless of what there record would be, if you put James on the Heat roster tomorrow night, they are much better then the Cavs roster without him.

They would be one tough out in the playoffs, very similar to Ok City, if Durant returns healthy, regardless of seeding.

when LeBron left the Cavs- for the Heat- he left to play with better players- Wade and Bosh! while it sucked- there was a reason why- and LeBron left for that reason

you are trying to point to all this other BS---

the fact is

LEBRON LEFT- he felt he had a better chance to win elsewhere. What else do you really need to know?

I mean you watched the Finals last year. Do you think running back that team with Wade and Bosh a year older and Mcroberts and Granger would have any different result?

LEBRON LEFT BRO.

he left because he had a better chance to win elsewhere- just as when he left Cleveland. its not rocket science.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I really care that much about the Lakers FA this summer, but I'll go with no.
Then, the potential big money players are going to want to wait another year to get the much bigger max contracts.

If the Lakers haven't landed any big time FA ( but they will have), but the end of FA 2016, then it's fair game to wonder why.

Thats a good point- When guys see Kobe making 24 million of the cap with his injury history lately...and with how the cap is going to go up so dramatically- there will still probably be a lot more question marks than answers in the short term.

in a way that is a shame to waste Kobe's last years....if they dont make a move this summer and have a repeat of this year next year- that will be a stretch of 5 years with 1 playoff series win- which i would feel really bad for Kobe since I think he deserves more than that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even with Kobe's contract, they will have a ton of cap space. I agree though that this FA period is going to be interesting. It's hard to say how much movement there will be. I expect that some players will opt to sign 1 year deals with their current team and then look for a bigger payday when the cap increases for the 2016 FA period.

The question will be how many? A few? Most of them?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a good point- When guys see Kobe making 24 million of the cap with his injury history lately...and with how the cap is going to go up so dramatically- there will still probably be a lot more question marks than answers in the short term.

in a way that is a shame to waste Kobe's last years....if they dont make a move this summer and have a repeat of this year next year- that will be a stretch of 5 years with 1 playoff series win- which i would feel really bad for Kobe since I think he deserves more than that.

Kobe's contract hasn't been and won't be why they don't sign any max FA's if they don't. As for how his career ends. He seems at peace to a degree with it. He knows these injuries are likely the result of all of the mileage on his body and the past injuries that he's played through.

I agree that he deserves better, but based on recent comments and interviews, he knows that the Lakers are moving forward and aren't going to mortgage the future again to try and get him another title run.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when LeBron left the Cavs- for the Heat- he left to play with better players- Wade and Bosh! while it sucked- there was a reason why- and LeBron left for that reason

the fact is

LEBRON LEFT- he felt he had a better chance to win elsewhere. What else do you really need to know?

I mean you watched the Finals last year. Do you think running back that team with Wade and Bosh a year older and Mcroberts and Granger would have any different result?

LEBRON LEFT BRO.

he left because he had a better chance to win elsewhere- just as when he left Cleveland. its not rocket science.

Once again. Thank you for proving my point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again. Thank you for proving my point.
LeBron wants to win as much as he possibly can.

He is not going to stand for a stretch like for a few years when he waits for a team to reload- just look at the Lakers three seasons in the middle of Kobe's prime where the team had 2 #7 seeds and missed the playoffs. LeBron just does not want that to happen where he wastes years of his prime- and if he would have stayed in Miami- with the way things turned out it looks like he would have wasted a year

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the fact is

LEBRON LEFT BRO.

But it's still not championship or bust then?

As Trojan pointed out, LeBron will be remembered as a great talent, but equally remembered as the first best player in the league who felt the need to switch cities like he does headbands the moment he THINKS the going might get tough.

As far as last years Finals, they ran into a heavily motivated team, that also is very talented and played a great 7 game series. The better team won.

Do I think if we had Granger and McRoberts on last years roster would we have won?
Of course not. THAT Spurs performance wasn't losing to anyone, except maybe an all star team.

Do I think your Cavs roster as is has a better chance to win the Finals then the Heat would if you added James to our
current roster? No way.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is not going to stand for a stretch like for a few years when he waits for a team to reload- just look at the Lakers three seasons in the middle of Kobe's prime where the team had 2 #7 seeds and missed the playoffs. LeBron just does not want that to happen where he wastes years of his prime- and if he would have stayed in Miami- with the way things turned out it looks like he would have wasted a year

He would have wasted a year?
Based on what?

Their crappy record, tons of injuries, inability to handle the FA period correctly because he jerked them off?

You can't envision what this team would look like now if he had stayed any more then you could picture how different the Cavs roster looked between December and January.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the rise of Whiteside, Miami would actually be pretty freaking good if they had LeBron on them. Finally a true center. Either way though, losing a 10 time all-star to blood clots hurts.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the rise of Whiteside, Miami would actually be pretty freaking good if they had LeBron on them. Finally a true center. Either way though, losing a 10 time all-star to blood clots hurts.

Of course losing Bosh hurts, but do we still add Dragic?
That's the thing.
There is no way to know, so there is no way to assume James would have wasted anything.
Perhaps he would have traded Bosh and
then still added Dragic and Whiteside and Beasley...

Maybe McRoberts wouldn't have been on the court the minute he got hurt?
Allen is still more than likely also here.

I thinks it's pretty safe to say we wouldn't be losing that much sleep over worrying about the Hawks.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once again. Proving my point. Lebron wants things easy. He wasn't mentally tough enough to stick it out in Cleveland. Then he goes to 4 straight finals with the Heat and left for what he perceived to be an easier situation in Cleveland because he wasn't mentally tough enough to stick around and see what the Heat could do to improve.

This is why Lebron will never surpass Kobe. When the going got tough in L.A., Kobe told the FO to get their shit together and stayed in L.A.

When he thought things were going to get tough in Cleveland and Miami, Lebron got going............................to someplace else.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's still not championship or bust then?

As Trojan pointed out, LeBron will be remembered as a great talent, but equally remembered as the first best player in the league who felt the need to switch cities like he does headbands the moment he THINKS the going might get tough.

As far as last years Finals, they ran into a heavily motivated team, that also is very talented and played a great 7 game series. The better team won.

Do I think if we had Granger and McRoberts on last years roster would we have won?
Of course not. THAT Spurs performance wasn't losing to anyone, except maybe an all star team.

Do I think your Cavs roster as is has a better chance to win the Finals then the Heat would if you added James to our
current roster? No way.

Exactly. I think the Heat would have beaten any other team that came out of the West last year. But no one was beating the Spurs. That was as close to a perfect series as we will likely ever see in our lifetimes. It's largely why Heat fans didn't catch much flak after that series. Literally everyone was too much in awe of what the Spurs did to be busting on the Heat.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is not going to stand for a stretch like for a few years when he waits for a team to reload-
just look at the Lakers three seasons in the middle of Kobe's prime where the team had 2 #7 seeds and missed the playoffs. LeBron just does not want that to happen where he wastes years of his prime- and if he would have stayed in Miami- with the way things turned out it looks like he would have wasted a year

Except LeBron said:"

Really? So James just says things that sound good at that moment?

"No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go..."

Well, of course your comment was correct and what James said was total bullshit.
That being said, please quit riding his jock and for one second believing that he ever thought Arsion was or would be cheap and that he gave 2 shits about Miller being on the team last year.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this dead horse again.

Understanding that a process is going to be long, tough, and unlikely to result in immediate success does not preclude one from trying their damnedest to achieve success as soon as possible.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this dead horse again.

Understanding that a process is going to be long, tough, and unlikely to result in immediate success does not preclude one from trying their damnedest to achieve success as soon as possible.

Then why not give Riley the benefit of the doubt for another year?
Didn't James say he was joining Miami for a chance to hopefully compete for championship every season?
Did he EVER not?

Look, I have always defended every FA move he has made. Players earn that right.
However, the James jock suckers want to have it both ways and defend him at ever cross road.

He chose leaving a franchise to that lived up to every thing they presented to him while recruiting him to go back to this:

"He quit," Gilbert said. "Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar. ... People have covered up for him for way too long.

"As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier," Gilbert wrote. "This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his 'decision' unlike anything ever 'witnessed' in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment. Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us."

So please stop with the Kobe,Jordan,etc..type comparisons as far as CAREERS.
If you want to talk individual talent, its a real discussion, the other is not.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why not give Riley the benefit of the doubt for another year?
Didn't James say he was joining Miami for a chance to hopefully compete for championship every season?
Did he EVER not?

Miami absolutely delivered on everything, IMO.

This move was about going back to Cleveland, not about leaving Miami.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs started this trend a few years ago and now other teams are following. Atlanta already started resting their players on 2 consecutive Saturday night, Memphis did last night, & Golden State doing the same tonight. I also notice that all these teams excluding the Spurs always do it on the road.

Feel bad for the fans who paid to see a good game only to find out the opponent is resting several of their players.

Shit like this makes you not want to buy tickets for nba games after the AS break. Silver should do something

It sucks...I agree...for the fan that can only afford 1 or 2 NBA games a yr (those fans exist) especially in the 2nd half of the season...on the flip, coming off b2b...I understand it for the coaches...if it looks like you're going to a lock to be in the playoffs at this juncture, it makes sense to not play a key player on the back end of a b2b.

I think you have to research a bit more if you're that dad that buys 1 or 2 games a year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs rested 26 yr old Kevin Love who never played in a playoffs game in his life lol