• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should We Trade for Joe Thomas?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Chancellor for Thomas. I wouldn't trade Chancellor for Staley. Cleveland probably wouldn't be interested in that trade though. I'm sure they'd rather have a first round draft pick. I'm not sure what I'd give up for Staley. 3rd rounder maybe? Staley would fit under our cap with no problem.

And why is SF going to trade Staley within the division? Answer: They're most likely not.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why is SF going to trade Staley within the division? Answer: They're most likely not.
Shouldn't matter. By the time the 49ers are significant again, Staley will be retired.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't matter. By the time the 49ers are significant again, Staley will be retired.

Sure, but teams usually just don't act to improve their division rivals. <shrug>

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but teams usually just don't act to improve their division rivals. <shrug>
The 49ers have so many holes that they shouldn't give a fuck who they are trading with if the trade has a potential to bring in young talent.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have so many holes that they shouldn't give a fuck who they are trading with if the trade has a potential to bring in young talent.

If they get even a comparable offer from someone out of the division, they do that.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get even a comparable offer from someone out of the division, they do that.
Of course. I think Schneider is smart enough to realize that he would have to outbid a team not in our division.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats been the position for years and why we are where we are.

Our sb window is as wide now as its ever been with less competition than ever. Pull the trigger and win a sb.

Well, I don't think giving up a 1st rounder for an aging lineman will guarantee us anything... Last year our O-line started playing way better towards the end of the year.. Our line has actually been better this year so far so I have hope they'll improve... With a leader like Russ and the weapons he has with Rawls coming back I think we can stay put and possibly win it all... If our D play's solid our O will catch up eventually, remember Russ hasn't been 100 percent either..

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's worth a 2nd rounder but the 49ers would probably want a 1st and a 5th or something to that sort...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Back in the day you would be 100% correct, but in todays age of win now or be fired they'll trade with whoever to improve the team and hope to keep their job for at least another year.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't think giving up a 1st rounder for an aging lineman will guarantee us anything... Last year our O-line started playing way better towards the end of the year.. Our line has actually been better this year so far so I have hope they'll improve... With a leader like Russ and the weapons he has with Rawls coming back I think we can stay put and possibly win it all... If our D play's solid our O will catch up eventually, remember Russ hasn't been 100 percent either..

You need to wake the eff up dude, our OL is going to doom our season. Do or die. Get a LT or forget the season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to wake the eff up dude, our OL is going to doom our season. Do or die. Get a LT or forget the season.

Be nice for sure, but don't think it will happen. Never hurts to hope though. Don't agree that the season is doomed without a addition. Seahawks been playing some stout DLs and have managed to win enough to lead the division with a 2 game lead. Got to think these young OL improve as the season goes on barring injuries and adjustments can be made to compensate for them. Every team has weaknesses, I'm very optimistic about the season myself, but I'm a glass half full kind of guy.
Bet the offense looks a lot better against the Saints.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy shit, chicken little. Just because the Hawks want or need an elite LT doesn't mean they'll get one. Teams don't make trades in the middle of the season, especially if it's going to tear their Oline apart, especially not to make an already storng division rival even stronger, and especially if they have a QB that they give a shit about protecting. It's a nice idea, but it's just not going to happen. If that means its the end of the season, then so be it. There is still a ton of ball to be played, so im just going to see how it plays out. I swear some of you never watch other teams play and see that every single one of them have Achilles heels of their own. And most of them are ones that the Hawks are more than capable of exploiting.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it takes serious delusion to think our OL will improve, or that some no name undrafted guy can step in and play LT at a high level, or even a mediocre level.

with this OL we ARE NOT Winning the sb. so many teams are down right now and nobody in EITHER conference looks elite. it will be a huge waste to not do everything we can to get there.

stand pat and we watch some other team walk away with a ring while we sit here saying "why didnt we improve our OL??"

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it takes serious delusion to think our OL will improve, or that some no name undrafted guy can step in and play LT at a high level, or even a mediocre level.

with this OL we ARE NOT Winning the sb. so many teams are down right now and nobody in EITHER conference looks elite. it will be a huge waste to not do everything we can to get there.

stand pat and we watch some other team walk away with a ring while we sit here saying "why didnt we improve our OL??"

They're going to stand pat because nothing is available. I'm sure they'd like to trade for someone, but it's not going to happen. And you said it yourself, a lot of teams are down, nobody looks "elite". They all have issues that their fans can point at and say "that's why we won't win a SB".

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree... I don't want to give up 1st round draft choices for aging lineman ... You get old fast doing that... If you look at last year compared to this year our O-line is WAY better at this point... Were gonna have a few bumps along the way, so relax...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stu does have a good point. Tom Cable-coached OLs typically are a season-long project and continue to improve throughout the year. I'm a huge fan of Cable. But I'm not sure that even Cable can work enough magic with the current guys to carry them all the way to February.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can dream about ol improving, but its not going to happen. We run into a defense like minny or philly or hell the cards or rams in the playoffs and we lose. Our defense is great, but against top defenses we scored 9 points. Thats not acceptable

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can dream about ol improving, but its not going to happen. We run into a defense like minny or philly or hell the cards or rams in the playoffs and we lose. Our defense is great, but against top defenses we scored 9 points. Thats not acceptable

Did you see Minnesotas oline on Sunday? They looked just as bad as Seattles, only difference is their QB can't take care of the ball under pressure.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people think this is MLB or something.