• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good gosh.

I guess he was trying to be in public and get drunk following the loss, pulls it out and points it in some woman's face. (If you don't know, read the news, I'm on the wrong computer, just needed a break)

anyway...

does it become a priority to now find a 1st down running back who can block and run and occasionally receive a pass?
does he get suspended for a number of games, or is he pretty much done for next season.
Can Perine/Traveon handle it with a nice OL? at least most games?
he would fit in nicely with Clevelands current bunch if he was traded, I don't want to trade him, but he lost his damned mind. The Bengals need to get this squared away before next season.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good gosh.

I guess he was trying to be in public and get drunk following the loss, pulls it out and points it in some woman's face. (If you don't know, read the news, I'm on the wrong computer, just needed a break)

anyway...

does it become a priority to now find a 1st down running back who can block and run and occasionally receive a pass?
does he get suspended for a number of games, or is he pretty much done for next season.
Can Perine/Traveon handle it with a nice OL? at least most games?
he would fit in nicely with Clevelands current bunch if he was traded, I don't want to trade him, but he lost his damned mind. The Bengals need to get this squared away before next season.
Actually, from the report I heard, the incident took place the day before the Buffalo Bills game.

Should give us a good excuse to cut his ass now and save that $10 million to put towards Burrow or Higgins.

Reactions: DJ

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon is obviously not getting the benefit of the doubt given the incident from early in his career at Oklahoma. But this is out of character for what he has been since arriving in Cincinnati. That gives me a little pause - Makes me think we need a few more details of the event in question.

Regardless, I'm ready to move from Mixon anyway. I don't think he's a good fit for our offense, I do think he's lost a step and it's disappointing that he never turned into a guy that could break one. And he makes too much money.

It was going to be tough to cut him because he's been a captain for years.... Off the field difficulties makes this a little easier.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now the charges are dropped and a charge filed was rushed before all facts were known...

It is what it is...but we can't say that we want innocent before guilty and then say "Yeah, but" after charges are dropped. So - in this instance, like many others, much ado about nothing, IMO.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fox19.com/2023/03/07/joe-mixon-involved-sheriffs-investigation-into-injured-juvenile/

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean - you are clearly a cut candidate and now you are in the news for the 2nd time in roughly a month....No Bueno, Joe...Don't let the door hit ya...

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
media outlet apologizes to the Mix.

I'll miss his talent around here, but I think the bottom line is that there is potentially a better fit for our offense somewhere else.
he can't stop popping up in the news every other week, and it is concerning.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
media outlet apologizes to the Mix.

I'll miss his talent around here, but I think the bottom line is that there is potentially a better fit for our offense somewhere else.
he can't stop popping up in the news every other week, and it is concerning.

I'm guessing this will be it for the Mo Sports Network (whatever the fuck it is).... You can't just wildly guess at things and pass it off as fact without consequence. I'm sure those consequences will be arriving at their headquarters in the form of a lawsuit filed by Joe Mixon's agent and legal representation.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that either of Mixon's off the field incidents mean very much in the broader context. Both appear to have multiple sides of the story and there aren't any smoking guns implicating Mixon for a crime. The bigger issue for Mixon is that he is on the back-end of his career and he is a liability in the current offense given his limitations in our pass-first game.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that either of Mixon's off the field incidents mean very much in the broader context. Both appear to have multiple sides of the story and there aren't any smoking guns implicating Mixon for a crime. The bigger issue for Mixon is that he is on the back-end of his career and he is a liability in the current offense given his limitations in our pass-first game.
add in that he's due to make over 12M this year, and quite frankly - RB's that are not top 5-8 RB's are not worth that....and even then.....

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus..... WTF goes on in Mixon's neighborhood. I imagine the lawyer statement is just a touch embellished, but things still don't add up. Why the hell does anyone think they can just walk around someone else's yard with "fake" guns? So stupid.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus..... WTF goes on in Mixon's neighborhood. I imagine the lawyer statement is just a touch embellished, but things still don't add up. Why the hell does anyone think they can just walk around someone else's yard with "fake" guns? So stupid.

I could find him a decent house in Milford. pretty easy going around here, except for the karens, but there are some people who put screws and nails out so that people run over them. probably r/t the many many tire shops we have in town, gotta buy that tire insurance here.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are media experts floating rumors that the Bengals would be a perfect landing spot for Austin Ekeler, who is requesting permission to seek a trade. Lose Mixon, Williams and Collin's contracts you can probably do a 3 year deal with Ekeler, 3 years / $25.5 million. $12.5 million in First year, signing bonus and first year contract.