• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should We Trade for Joe Thomas?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmgren and Mitch were discussing this on KJR this morning.
Is a first rounder in 2017 too much?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and probably yes.

Trade for either him or the other one people are talking about. But do SOMETHING. We can't keep running out the same garbage game after game and ever expect different results.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say yes. I'd give up our 2017 1st to have a chance at Russ not being killed this season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the trade. I just don't know how we get it under the cap.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns will not be dealing Joe Thomas at the Nov. 1 trade deadline. Coach Hue Jackson tried to make that notion plain and clear on Monday.

"We are not going to trade Joe Thomas," Jackson said a day after the Browns fell to 0-7 with a 31-17 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. "Joe Thomas has a lot to do with what we're trying to accomplish here in the future.

As the Browns lose their seventh straight and face more quarterback uncertainty, frustration is bubbling over. "I've never lost like this," Hue Jackson said.

The Browns were hoping their first win of the season might come against Geno Smith and the Jets. Now Smith is hurt and Ryan Fitzpatrick is set to start. Fitzpatrick has won four in a row vs. Cleveland, qualifying the move as: "That's so Browns."

Thomas has played every snap at left tackle for the Browns since he was the third overall pick in the 2007 draft.

A rebuilding team trying to stockpile draft choices could add more picks with a player as talented as Thomas, but the Browns have made it clear they are not interested in a trade. Jackson looked to put the exclamation point on that stance, emphasizing with dramatic pauses: "We. Are not. Going. To trade. Joe. Thomas."

It's a change in stance from a year ago, when the Browns almost sent Thomas to the Denver Broncos before terms could not be reached by the trade deadline.

A veteran like Thomas also could request a trade, but a source recently said he will not ask out.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way i see it, the league is incredibly weak right now and we have a superbowl defense. the NFC should be ours with ease if we can get homefield. we should win the superbowl this year, its definitely within our grasp

the only thing holding us back is our OL. if we can upgrade it instantly you do it.

and im not buying the browns saying he wont be traded. if the right offer appears he WILL be traded.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to trade a high pick for an aging star no matter how much help our O-line needs. But surely go God there must be someone better than Sowell??

Here are things equal to Sowell:

upload_2016-10-24_14-31-48.jpeg
731677434361.jpg

the-open-gate-logo-final-transparent1-208x163.png

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say no trade, just let them continue to learn and grow... Last year at this time we had WAY more sacks given up... Also I thought towards the end of that game they really started blocking well, the OT drive to tie the game and the drive for the chance to win the game... Baptism by fire... We need Rawls back though, big time...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns will not be dealing Joe Thomas at the Nov. 1 trade deadline. Coach Hue Jackson tried to make that notion plain and clear on Monday.

"We are not going to trade Joe Thomas," Jackson said a day after the Browns fell to 0-7 with a 31-17 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. "Joe Thomas has a lot to do with what we're trying to accomplish here in the future.

As the Browns lose their seventh straight and face more quarterback uncertainty, frustration is bubbling over. "I've never lost like this," Hue Jackson said.

The Browns were hoping their first win of the season might come against Geno Smith and the Jets. Now Smith is hurt and Ryan Fitzpatrick is set to start. Fitzpatrick has won four in a row vs. Cleveland, qualifying the move as: "That's so Browns."

Thomas has played every snap at left tackle for the Browns since he was the third overall pick in the 2007 draft.

A rebuilding team trying to stockpile draft choices could add more picks with a player as talented as Thomas, but the Browns have made it clear they are not interested in a trade. Jackson looked to put the exclamation point on that stance, emphasizing with dramatic pauses: "We. Are not. Going. To trade. Joe. Thomas."

It's a change in stance from a year ago, when the Browns almost sent Thomas to the Denver Broncos before terms could not be reached by the trade deadline.

A veteran like Thomas also could request a trade, but a source recently said he will not ask out.

It seems like the Browns have been flip flopping on this issue the past couple of years.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clevelands season may be close to, if not already over. But they have their own QB that they want to protect. Not only do I think they hold on to Thomas this year, he may receive an extension from them.

NFL teams hold on to their talent, and Cleveland doesn't have much.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way i see it, the league is incredibly weak right now and we have a superbowl defense. the NFC should be ours with ease if we can get homefield. we should win the superbowl this year, its definitely within our grasp

the only thing holding us back is our OL. if we can upgrade it instantly you do it.

and im not buying the browns saying he wont be traded. if the right offer appears he WILL be traded.
That's kinda what I am thinking too. This defense has had an incredible five-year run. Who knows how much longer the window of opportunity will be open with the present corps.

It will be difficult because demand for OLmen is much higher than supply and on top of that they still have to deal with the cap. But, like another guy said, they have to do something. They can't stand pat and expect to get the superbowl with the current OL.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say no trade, just let them continue to learn and grow... Last year at this time we had WAY more sacks given up... Also I thought towards the end of that game they really started blocking well, the OT drive to tie the game and the drive for the chance to win the game... Baptism by fire... We need Rawls back though, big time...

Thats been the position for years and why we are where we are.

Our sb window is as wide now as its ever been with less competition than ever. Pull the trigger and win a sb.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's not a trade, it seems like we'll have to bring someone in here just to replace Sowell if he's out a few games. Even as good as he isn't, the guy behind him has never even played the position so i'm not sure how you just roll with that and let things happen as they will.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have enough cap room to bring on either Thomas or Staley for this season, though we'd leave ourselves a bit vulnerable (a bit less of an IR cushion than I think they usually carry). Future seasons for Thomas would be trickier, but they could always cut the tackle at the end of the season as there would be no dead money hit (all guaranteed money is charged to the team sending the player away).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the first times I'll actually agree to trading a 1st rounder. But we wont... we'll trade it for a stupid WR or a washed up TE before we address the biggest hole in NFL history.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Do we cut some D line depth to free up money?
I'd trade Chancellor for Thomas. I wouldn't trade Chancellor for Staley. Cleveland probably wouldn't be interested in that trade though. I'm sure they'd rather have a first round draft pick. I'm not sure what I'd give up for Staley. 3rd rounder maybe? Staley would fit under our cap with no problem.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt JS trades a 1st to spend $10M on an OL.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? We did it for a te and a gadget wr