• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Lakers explore trading LeBron?

Should the Lakers explore trading LeBron?

• Yes

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Tater salad

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not alone and idiots like Plaschke are why. When Jeanie kicked Short Buss to the curb and took over the franchise, she didn't start running the basketball side of the business. She changed who was running the basketball side. Linda Rambis is her closest friend and she assists and advises on the business side.

But reporters like Plaschke make it look like it's nothing but chaos and everyone is running around doing whatever they want.

Pelinka is a relatively new GM and I'm hoping that what has happened with the Westbrook trade has taught him that it's fine to listen to and give weight to what Lebron and Klutch want...in the end, he needs to go with what he thinks is best. If he ends up losing his job, at least then, he would be getting fired based on his moves rather than someone elses.

Jeanie has started making it clear that she runs the business side, but I think she may also need to come out and either let it be known that Pelinka is running the basketball side, or she needs to hire a President of Basketball Operations and make it known that is who is in charge of the basketball side.

Oh man don't get me started on Plaschke. I cringe when he's on around the horn.

Here's the way I look at the Lakers situation.

Does LeBron deserve some blame? Yes, without a doubt.

But now knowing that Jeanie only deals with the business side of things she obviously can't be blamed for the current roster. I didn't know that until today.

That leaves the GM. Someone needs to held accountable for things. And it makes more sense for the GM to get the proper amount of criticism than putting too much of the blame on a player- that let's be honest here, many in LakersNation don't like anyway.

I take back putting any blame on Jeannie after your explanation. So that leave Pelinka and LeBron. If Pelinka was ever listening to or doing what Klutch asked/demanded he needs to be replaced yesterday.

I now say LeBron & Pelinka are equally responsible.

It's gonna be an interesting off season for your Lakers for sure.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man don't get me started on Plaschke. I cringe when he's on around the horn.

Here's the way I look at the Lakers situation.

Does LeBron deserve some blame? Yes, without a doubt.

But now knowing that Jeanie only deals with the business side of things she obviously can't be blamed for the current roster. I didn't know that until today.

That leaves the GM. Someone needs to held accountable for things. And it makes more sense for the GM to get the proper amount of criticism than putting too much of the blame on a player- that let's be honest here, many in LakersNation don't like anyway.

I take back putting any blame on Jeannie after your explanation. So that leave Pelinka and LeBron. If Pelinka was ever listening to or doing what Klutch asked/demanded he needs to be replaced yesterday.

I now say LeBron & Pelinka are equally responsible.

It's gonna be an interesting off season for your Lakers for sure.

I give Pelinka a little bit of a pass because he's relatively inexperienced as a GM and any GM in the league is going to listen to what their star player and his agents want, especially when that agent represents your teams other star player and he's on board too. He's not the first FO to get bullied by Klutch and if Klutch keeps signing high end players, they won't be the last.

End of the day, it was one bad trade that got blown up because of expectations and the names involved. I think/hope that Pelinka refusing the Westbrook/John Wall trade (which would have included a future 1st from the Lakers) was the first sign of Pelinka telling Lebron and Klutch "I'll listen to what you have to say, but the final decision is mine".

You're right, it's going to be a very interesting off-season.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Pelinka a little bit of a pass because he's relatively inexperienced as a GM and any GM in the league is going to listen to what their star player and his agents want, especially when that agent represents your teams other star player and he's on board too. He's not the first FO to get bullied by Klutch and if Klutch keeps signing high end players, they won't be the last.

End of the day, it was one bad trade that got blown up because of expectations and the names involved. I think/hope that Pelinka refusing the Westbrook/John Wall trade (which would have included a future 1st from the Lakers) was the first sign of Pelinka telling Lebron and Klutch "I'll listen to what you have to say, but the final decision is mine".

I tell you who I blame: Russel Westbrook. Hell, playing along side LeBron Boobie Gibson looked great. WTF is wrong with you Russ?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pelinka's been the GM since the '17-'18 season. In '16-'17 he spilt the duties with Kupchak. He became an agent in '96. He had a great understanding of the wheelings & dealings of the league by the time he joined the Lakers FO.

He's now been the GM for five full seasons. When will the inexperienced label no longer apply? He's not some newbie.

I'll say one more thing. Holy shit dealing with Klutch seems like a major pain in the ass.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you who I blame: Russel Westbrook. Hell, playing along side LeBron Boobie Gibson looked great. WTF is wrong with you Russ?

There's no question Wetsbrick is talented and is going to the HOF. But he sure seems like a team chemistry killer. A player of his skill level shouldn't have played for four different teams the last four seasons.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelinka's been the GM since the '17-'18 season. In '16-'17 he spilt the duties with Kupchak. He became an agent in '96. He had a great understanding of the wheelings & dealings of the league by the time he joined the Lakers FO.

He's now been the GM for five full seasons. When will the inexperienced label no longer apply? He's not some newbie.

I'll say one more thing. Holy shit dealing with Klutch seems like a major pain in the ass.

It can take quite awhile to really get being a GM down and learn the whole job. Kupchak spent years being taught by Jerry West. It's not really a job that you can learn in a 1 year internship.

I was hoping when they brought in Pelinka, that they would keep Kupchak around for a few years for him to learn from. But, they didn't ask me. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Boobie could shoot. Russ is good at throwing it off the side of the backboard though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can take quite awhile to really get being a GM down and learn the whole job. Kupchak spent years being taught by Jerry West. It's not really a job that you can learn in a 1 year internship.

I was hoping when they brought in Pelinka, that they would keep Kupchak around for a few years for him to learn from. But, they didn't ask me. lol

The Lakers need to keep you in the loop more often.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Boobie could shoot. Russ is good at throwing it off the side of the backboard though.

lol

Some of his misses...actually, a lot of them...were real head scratchers.

Not the ''why did he shoot that?'' kind...the ''how do you miss that by that much?'' kind.

That dude could miss a 5 foot shot by 8 feet. More than once I wondered if maybe he needed glasses.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Westbrook trade sure as hell wouldn't have happened. lol

I'd be a great GM for the Lakers. I'd start by trading LeBron for little in return. Then I'd keep Westbrick and surround him with other players that can't shoot. Lavar Ball would be my coach. Oh and I'd make Screamin' A. the broadcast voice of the team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be a great GM for the Lakers. I'd start by trading LeBron for little in return. Then I'd keep Westbrick and surround him with other players that can't shoot. Lavar Ball would be my coach. Oh and I'd make Screamin' A. the broadcast voice of the team.

If you made Lavar player/coach they'd win the title.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Not the ''why did he shoot that?'' kind...the ''how do you miss that by that much?'' kind.

That dude could miss a 5 foot shot by 8 feet. More than once I wondered if maybe he needed glasses.
Gotta give it to him for trying to be like Tim Duncan

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Should the Lakers trade Lebron"?

:L

Dumbest shit i've heard in a while.

His jersey sales alone make it worthwhile for the team.

Mr. Nimbus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should but I hope they don’t. This season was pure comedy.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

72F59D61-8996-40AA-917B-42CDA7B689E1.gif