• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Lakers explore trading LeBron?

Should the Lakers explore trading LeBron?

• Yes

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Tater salad

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't seen Charlie Wilson's War you should check it out, great movie and great performance from PSH
Heard of it but never saw it. Not a big fan of Julia Roberts.

Just read that PSH was nominated for best supporting actor in that flick. Gunna have to check that out.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard of it but never saw it. Not a big fan of Julia Roberts.

Just read that PSH was nominated for best supporting actor in that flick. Gunna have to check that out.
Julia is hardly important in it

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSH played some great awkward characters in Boogie Nights, The Big Lebowski, Almost Famous, and even Along Came Polly (lol). Let it rain! White chocolate! Raindrop!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think you may need to trade Jeanie.

The Lakers front office leaks like a sieve.

If any if what Platchke wrote is true, they are a complete DUMPSTER FIRE.

Wtf is she listening to Phil and the fucking Rambi?!?!
I have been stating this for some time and many folk think I am bit whacked. Every GM and associated basketball pundit have stated repeatedly that Jeanie Buss has proven she is dumber than her brothers and has lost her mind as she now listens to the Rambi, Phil, Magic, and to some degree Pelinka and Lebron and she is trying to run this business like a family and all of have said you can't run a business with your friends.

Then, she totally destroyed the icon when he offered on three occasions to become her GM and she stated 'No" and then she took away his team tickets license and didn't do it face-to-face. He heard about it with a cell text. Then she let the Lakers movie vid go out there that basically dissed him again to the point that he is now suing the Lakers for slander and/or character defamation. And this all to a guy who, as a GM has created championship teams wherever he has gone.

Everyone to a person has directly stated that the biggest problem with the Lakers resides with ownership and that mess of a FO.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been stating this for some time and many folk think I am bit whacked. Every GM and associated basketball pundit have stated repeatedly that Jeanie Buss has proven she is dumber than her brothers and has lost her mind as she now listens to the Rambi, Phil, Magic, and to some degree Pelinka and Lebron and she is trying to run this business like a family and all of have said you can't run a business with your friends.

Then, she totally destroyed the icon when he offered on three occasions to become her GM and she stated 'No" and then she took away his team tickets license and didn't do it face-to-face. He heard about it with a cell text. Then she let the Lakers movie vid go out there that basically dissed him again to the point that he is now suing the Lakers for slander and/or character defamation. And this all to a guy who, as a GM has created championship teams wherever he has gone.

Everyone to a person has directly stated that the biggest problem with the Lakers resides with ownership and that mess of a FO.
I agree.

I was reading something earlier today about the reverse sexism when it comes to Jeanie.

People don't want to call her a ditz from fear of getting cancelled.

ALLEGEDLY......

She is easily manipulated by those close to her.

If any of this is true...lol @ Linda Rambis having the most pull.

The sports media has some trouble conveying the Jeanie Buss saga because to describe it bluntly sounds like a lurch into sexist stereotyping. And yet, behind the scenes, within the league, the Lakers owner is considered a flighty ditz who’s easily led around by more decisive actors. And there are many such actors, this dizzying “we” that Plaschke mentions.

Based on conversations with those in the know, a ranking of the most powerful Laker decision-making officials would be: executive director/special projects Linda Rambis, director of basketball affairs Kurt Rambis, president of business operations Tim Harris (who dated Jeanie Buss long ago) and general manager Rob Pelinka.

As for the Logo.....yikes

The season tickets cessation might not have been the deepest cut here. According to sources, Jerry West’s son Ryan, formerly director of player personnel for the Lakers, was frozen out in his last year with the team, the 2018-19 season, in an act of proxy revenge directed towards his father. What does “frozen out,” mean? Ryan West wouldn’t be involved in any meetings or official operations. He’d show up to the facility and essentially get treated as a ghost, in what was effectively a dare to leave.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on Mecca. That is exactly what I am hearing, reading, and seeing. Many in the NBA circles are referring to Jeanie Buss as exactly as you have described her. When you have the owner of a major league NBA franchise being perceived that way and then seeing who and how she takes advise from, one wonders and can easily question the validity of claims of Jeanie as being an easily manipulatable ditz.

Having slept with a number of front office regulars like Harris and Jackson, one really wonders how that would be good for any organization. When you have Linda Rambis and the Rambi as major contributors to the ebb and flow of the basketball decisions geneses, you are already in trouble.

And the icon and his son affair gets more weird every time I read or see something from the principles involved. Jeanie Buss just has not done anything close to what we all perceived her to be way back when, when she had short buss removed from ownership control. MAn this can't get any worse as the Celtics have a real chance of winning Number 18 this year.