• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Should The Florida Panthers Relocate Somewhere Else?

Should The Florida Panthers Relocate Somewhere Else?

• Total voters

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
miami proper residents arent supporting a baseball team in their own back yard and you think the will go to hockey games? plus they already tried that experiment when they came into the league and it failed.

:scratch:

In the 5 seasons they played right in Miami, they were never below 91% average attendance and in their last two seasons in the city had 100% capacity and 12 people shy (average per game) of 100 capacity.

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was that local TV revenue is going to be the golden egg for sports franchises in the near future. If you aren't getting the viewership and ergo the big TV rights deals like the Sens just got from TSN, you're going to be left behind as league revenue increases as a result of those deals and you aren't making the same money those teams are.

As for those two teams losing money, should be pointed out that both were spending at least near the cap and both are in economically-depressed regions of the country, but I don't know nearly enough about their situations (arena leases, what they keep from concessions etc., TV rights deals) to make an argument one way or another. People are at least paying attention to these teams on a significant scale, something a team like Tampa or Anaheim cannot claim. They may lose money now and then, but they aren't at risk of being an afterthought in their own markets anytime soon.

It already is

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, get rid of them now.

In all seriousness, this is a bunch of crap - this isn't going to change the outlook on the organization or how the players play - they need to focus on making the roster better and quit doing stuff like that - those ladies, like anyone else, have been taken away an opportunity to showcase theirselves and put their name out there even more - it would be like any one of us having a job and then the occupation being taken away from us

Also, I hate the PC people on twitter who complain about the Ice Dancers - if you don't like them then don't watch/follow/pay attention - a lot of those people are women who are insecure, they always complain about it and it pisses me off

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, this is a bunch of crap - this isn't going to change the outlook on the organization or how the players play - they need to focus on making the roster better and quit doing stuff like that - those ladies, like anyone else, have been taken away an opportunity to showcase theirselves and put their name out there even more - it would be like any one of us having a job and then the occupation being taken away from us

Also, I hate the PC people on twitter who complain about the Ice Dancers - if you don't like them then don't watch/follow/pay attention - a lot of those people are women who are insecure, they always complain about it and it pisses me off

i think they are pissed that the lady panthers outnumbered the fans in attendence.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they are pissed that the lady panthers outnumbered the fans in attendence.

That's not the problem - the problem is that these people(especially women) who complain that in order for the team to get better they need to get rid of the Ice Dancers, it makes zero sense whatsoever - having Ice Dancers has nothing to do with the team failing on the ice year after year

If those females are fine with being Ice Dancers, then why should other women be up in arms over it? Not to be a prick, but a lot of the female NHL fans who complain about Ice Girls/Dancers are ones that would never have a chance to be one because they're not as good looking, so they figure if they're not good enough looking then they'll trash the ones who are and trash the team to employing them - it's just stupid, I've had enough of that crap - I get tired of people(especially women) complaining about the sexism/ice girls around the NHL, if those women that are ice girls don't have a problem with it then that's all that matters

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

In the 5 seasons they played right in Miami, they were never below 91% average attendance and in their last two seasons in the city had 100% capacity and 12 people shy (average per game) of 100 capacity.

the novelty of a new team and the rest of the miami teams sucking at the same time helped immensely. plus 91% attendance in an arena that held 14,500 at max isnt saying much. miami did nothing to keep the team in miami, they couldnt have cared less when they moved to sunrise.

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the novelty of a new team and the rest of the miami teams sucking at the same time helped immensely. plus 91% attendance in an arena that held 14,500 at max isnt saying much. miami did nothing to keep the team in miami, they couldnt have cared less when they moved to sunrise.

I don't think there would be too many heartbroken people in So FL if they were to relocate.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!!!!

The Panthers, Hurricanes, Lightning, Predators, Blue Jackets, Coyotes and Canadiens should all have their names dropped in a hat. 5 will be chosen and those teams will be contracted and the remaining 2 will be relocated to traditional hockey markets where people know that ice is used for more than chilling your drink.

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!!!!

The Panthers, Hurricanes, Lightning, Predators, Blue Jackets, Coyotes and Canadiens should all have their names dropped in a hat. 5 will be chosen and those teams will be contracted and the remaining 2 will be relocated to traditional hockey markets where people know that ice is used for more than chilling your drink.

Canadiens, eh Rex?

http://SportsHoopla.com/oymzrvf