• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Russell Wilson get a huge contract?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a Kap type deal would be insulting.
Russell should get somewhere in the top 5 contracts for QB's. He is a proven winner. And this season he has done quite a bit with not a lot of help or time.

How about 300 million for 15 years. Make a statement! In the end it will be a bargain. Remember Magic Johnson's deal, 25 million for 25 years? Everyone thought it was outrageous. And they re negotiated it early on because the price just keeps going up.

I like spending other peoples money!

:lol:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give him what it takes. He is the best QB we have ever had and the odds are it will be another 30 or 40 years until another champ lands in our laps.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only reason this is a slight debate is because of how the passing game looks right now. This guy needs a few weapons around him. Outside of Baldwin, who is realistically just a slot receiver he doesnt have much to work with.
Back towards the end of 2012 is probably when the passing game was clicking the most in the RW Era. He had a healthy Rice, Tate and Baldwin to throw to along with Miller and McCoy at TE. That is probably an average group but Russell put up great numbers with them.
Just keep in mind this entire passing game was built around having Percy Harvin and also a healthy Zach Miller. Not having those pieces hurts and throws off an entire off season of offensive game planning. Tough to replace that and change it mid season which is what they are having to do. It wouldnt shock me if the passing game continued to struggle through the last 6 games. Gotta make improvements in the off season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree Coug. No matter how you slice it, the Hawks blew it letting Tate go and keeping Harvin. Losing Miller didn't help either.

Right now we have Baldwin, Kearse(who is really good after the catch but doesn't get much separation), a 2nd year TE and two rookie receivers.

I didn't watch the All-22s of last week's game but the coverage showed numerous examples of Wilson simply having no one to throw to.

I really don't have much concern about Wilson. He's going to be our QB for at least the next 10 years.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB driven league -- we have to sign him. Basically for whatever he asks for. My guess is somewhere in the $20M - $22M range with a good portion of it guaranteed.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they will i bet,look for a six to eight year deal,my brother and i were kicking this around last week and he said anywhere from 20 to 22 million for six years.

I am thinking 18-20 million for eight with guarantees and incentives.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, hell yes?