• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Romo retire?

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had two back surgurys in the past two years and now he has multiple fractures in his back. Now I know he wants a ring, but is a ring worth it? He's rich and still fairly young so he should be set for life. He may be able to survive with the pain now, but will he be another broken down ex player who can't get out of bed in his golden years? What would you do if you where him?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Whats broken isn't going to cause paralysis. The vertebrae have protruding ends that broke. He is in the golden years where he can rake in over 20 million each of the next couple years. After that Im sure he could pull in another 15 mill for a year or two. It doesnt matter how rich you are... he isnt going to throw 50/60 million dollars out the window. He is the new McNabb. Guy gets ripped for everything.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Whats broken isn't going to cause paralysis. The vertebrae have protruding ends that broke. He is in the golden years where he can rake in over 20 million each of the next couple years. After that Im sure he could pull in another 15 mill for a year or two. It doesnt matter how rich you are... he isnt going to throw 50/60 million dollars out the window. He is the new McNabb. Guy gets ripped for everything.

Money isn't everything, there are many Ex NFL players who can barley get out of bed now. When Romo gets older these injuries will start to take there toll. Oh and I'm not ripping him.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had two back surgurys in the past two years and now he has multiple fractures in his back. Now I know he wants a ring, but is a ring worth it? He's rich and still fairly young so he should be set for life. He may be able to survive with the pain now, but will he be another broken down ex player who can't get out of bed in his golden years? What would you do if you where him?

He should definitely sit the next 2 weeks and the bye and probably not play the rest of this year. Weeded at 100% is better than Tony at 50%

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he'll play, and dallas wins

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Romo is changing the early perception fans around the league had of him. It used to be all about his golf in the offseason, vacations, and lack of overall commitment. He could have sat out the last two seasons after back operations, with a back injury, the only person who could say if he was ready or not was Romo himself. He played with broken ribs, Hell, he was on TV arguing with the trainers to try and get back in Monday night with two broken bones in his back. It would be great for Romo and Witten to win a Super Bowl in Dallas before they are done. It would be interesting to see what his legacy would be if he did. Super Bowl Champ, super tough, great stats....I think one Super Bowl might sneak him into the Hall of Fame:scratch:

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can't win PE1. And I know more than a few Iggles fans at work who agree with you about McNabb. Not that I could give a flip about him (particularly with some of his idiotic comments since he became a talking head on Fox Sports). But - he did get your heroes to 5 damn NFC championship games. You'd think he would get a little latitude for that.

Kinda like the GREAT Danny White...

:banplease:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't win PE1. And I know more than a few Iggles fans at work who agree with you about McNabb. Not that I could give a flip about him (particularly with some of his idiotic comments since he became a talking head on Fox Sports). But - he did get your heroes to 5 damn NFC championship games. You'd think he would get a little latitude for that.

Kinda like the GREAT Danny White...

:banplease:
Mornin Otis, It's funny that you mention Danny White because while I was a big Roger Staubach and Cowboys fan as a youngster I just couldn't get behind Danny. I ended up getting stationed in southern NM just before Roger retired and between the masses of Cowboy fans and the whole "America's Team" nonsense I started bailing out and ended up disliking the Boys in pretty quick fashion once the QB change was made.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mornin Otis, It's funny that you mention Danny White because while I was a big Roger Staubach and Cowboys fan as a youngster I just couldn't get behind Danny. I ended up getting stationed in southern NM just before Roger retired and between the masses of Cowboy fans and the whole "America's Team" nonsense I started bailing out and ended up disliking the Boys in pretty quick fashion once the QB change was made.

That damn "America's Team" nonsense was pretty tough for us back then too Rex. Still is 30 years later.

StarsFan

noob extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very least the handwriting is on the wall. A win today might buy him an extra week to rest. You have to be concerned that Jerry will rush him back though.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we change the title of this thread to Brandon Carr should retire???

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody's ripping him for getting hurt. People sais the same thing about Peyton. If the Dr's tell him it's safe to return and he does I can't see anyone putting him down for it. Considering his reputation as a choker in a big spot he probably wants another shot at the playoffs really badly to prove everyone wrong.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we change the title of this thread to Brandon Carr should retire???

Or can we change it that the entire Jets front office and ownership should be shot?

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or can we change it that the entire Jets front office and ownership should be shot?

Good idea.

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]528979644725227520[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That damn "America's Team" nonsense was pretty tough for us back then too Rex. Still is 30 years later.
The national media gave the Cowboys the name America's Team.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants were always the marquee team in New York.