• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Mike Riley keep his job after this season?

Should Mike Riley Have HIs Job After This Season?

• Total voters

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference between losses and gifts like the ones west coast Riley has gifted to opponents this year.
-------
Don't understand your blind hate. IMO, most of the losses were boneheaded moves by the players. I'll agree that Riley has done some things that makes one go huh? But despite those calls/moves the players themselves have provided many of the losses. Injuries have hurt and Pelinis love for stupid undisciplined penalties that still haunt this team have been the biggest culprits.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may I pop in here.? Take it for what it is worth, but I've heard this is Frosts last year as OC at Oregon. No one says where he is going, but the word suddenly got out on Monday that he wont be returning. Don't know if that feeds into your guys' plan or not.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously my greatest fear is Frost going to Nebraska considering we play you guys next 2 years. That would not bode well to not only lose a viable OC/coach, but to have him go to our opponent.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may I pop in here.? Take it for what it is worth, but I've heard this is Frosts last year as OC at Oregon. No one says where he is going, but the word suddenly got out on Monday that he wont be returning. Don't know if that feeds into your guys' plan or not.
We're not going to fire a coach this year. We'd be paying 2 coaches' buyouts, and probably an AD's as well. Just not gonna happen.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not going to fire a coach this year. We'd be paying 2 coaches' buyouts, and probably an AD's as well. Just not gonna happen.
yeah figured as much. My guess is he probably is thinking of taking a smaller D1 school job.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah figured as much. My guess is he probably is thinking of taking a smaller D1 school job.
Yeah. Personally, I wouldn't want to hire him until he has been the head guy somewhere and had success. I'm a little gunshy about hiring a first time head coach after Pelini. There's also the fact that I think we need to give this staff time, so I'm not even really thinking about who is next.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-------
Don't understand your blind hate. IMO, most of the losses were boneheaded moves by the players. I'll agree that Riley has done some things that makes one go huh? But despite those calls/moves the players themselves have provided many of the losses. Injuries have hurt and Pelinis love for stupid undisciplined penalties that still haunt this team have been the biggest culprits.

I really don't have blind hate, but for the most part, blame for losing 6 games falls mostly on the coaches shoulders, not the players.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-------
I don't argue your point but collectively we have been bitching about the "losses" since Dr. Tom retired.

I would like to add that I think Osborne gifted a few wins to opponents, about the same number of games in his 25 years as Riley has done in just one stinking season here.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry Pettit, took over the Volleyball team in its third year of existence.

Previous team went 49-13 under Pat Sullivan in 1976.

Pettit went 42-12-7 in 1977 and his teams won the conference championship his first 16 years.

Riley took a 9-4 team and now has them at 3-6. Do you think Riley will win a conference championship in 2016 or having a winning record in his time at Nebraska?

If Nebraska does go bowling(doubtful) I see that they have the HIGHEST GSR of any other possible 5-7 team.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't have blind hate, but for the most part, blame for losing 6 games falls mostly on the coaches shoulders, not the players.
--------
Was it Riley that was on the field when the ball was intercepted at the goal line? (BYU) Was it Riley that threw an interception (and a bad one at that) in our overtime loss. Was it Riley on the field that extended opponents drives time after time, game after game due to repeated cheap shot penalties? The defense in particular has played more like thug university (Miami) this year and if a coach is to be blamed, it's the one that got fired.

Don't get me wrong, Riley HAS made mistakes, but if I were him on the sidelines watching the shit on the playing field, I make mistakes as well.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We win out and beat USC in the bowl game

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to add that I think Osborne gifted a few wins to opponents, about the same number of games in his 25 years as Riley has done in just one stinking season here.
-------
And I would note that Olsborne took over a stellar program--Coming off a season when Nebraska was ranked 4th. None of our HCs since Solich has inherited quality.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-------
And I would note that Olsborne took over a stellar program--Coming off a season when Nebraska was ranked 4th. None of our HCs since Solich has inherited quality.

We'll see what happens in 2 or 3 years. I hope they aren't all losing seasons.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing about this situation.....

Mike Riley will be here at least 3 seasons. This is a guarantee. By 2017, he will start to get his recruits in here to fit his system.

The unfortunate reality is, if Riley ends up failing and we fire him in 2017, we are stuck in a situation very much like we were in back in 2007. Players fitting a system that I guarantee you we won't want to continue in.

We all better hope like hell that Riley is the future. I mean if this doesn't work, in 3 seasons we will literally be in a hole bigger than we've ever been before. Nebraska Football has always been about establishing the run, and if Riley doesn't work out..........I 100% guarantee you the next coach we would go after would be about establishing the run. And we'd be stuck with a bunch of players that fit more of a West Coast style Offense.

WE BETTER HOPE LIKE HELL. ROOT LIKE HELL. PRAY LIKE HELL. THAT RILEY IS THE MAN.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see what happens in 2 or 3 years. I hope they aren't all losing seasons.
-------
As "generous" as I may have appeared with Riley, if next year is as bad as this, I hope the school has the good sense to get rid of him and hire someone "proven"......which is what we should have done after Solich was fired.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's worth anything, Dantonio in his weekly radio show just stated that Nebraska is a lot like the Spartans 2012 team. We lost quite a few close games or winnable games or last second games. Then it kind of started to add up, and although he said nobody ever quit just losing so many games made it easier to lose more games. 2013 we probably could have won a playoff if they had it that year. 2014 we only lost to 2 playoff teams and beat the first team that was "left out."

So if that's not just a coach fluffing his upcoming opponent (it mostly is, but probably not completely) I wouldn't get too down on one bad year. Especially when so many were so close with hail Mary's and last second field goals and games in OT.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's worth anything, Dantonio in his weekly radio show just stated that Nebraska is a lot like the Spartans 2012 team. We lost quite a few close games or winnable games or last second games. Then it kind of started to add up, and although he said nobody ever quit just losing so many games made it easier to lose more games. 2013 we probably could have won a playoff if they had it that year. 2014 we only lost to 2 playoff teams and beat the first team that was "left out."

So if that's not just a coach fluffing his upcoming opponent (it mostly is, but probably not completely) I wouldn't get too down on one bad year. Especially when so many were so close with hail Mary's and last second field goals and games in OT.
I wood say this --he is fluffing the pillows in the hotel room he thinks his Spartans gonna date r*pe the Huskers

Buuuuuut don't thank this iiis gonna happen

Huskers gonna pull off the upset this Saturday nite