• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should LeBron James want out of Los Angeles?

Should James want out of LA

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

• Potato salad

• Total voters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Dude, I don't know how to make it any clearer. This was Lebron's deal. The Lakers had a trade set up for Hield.

You still haven't named a single GM who wouldn't have done what the Lakers did.

And no, you are absolutely not right. I don't know why you are so dead set on absolving Lebron in this. Literally every local and national reporter has been talking about how this is Lebron's mess and the Lakers have told him it's his mess and they're not mortgaging the rest of their future to bail him out.

If Lebron and AD hadn't gone to Pelinka and insisted on Westbrook...Hield would be a Laker.
if Pelinka told them no- Hield would be a laker.

Davis and LeBron were under contract. What would they have done? not played? lol.

cmon now.

plus- Caruso is gone because of the Lakers failure to spend.

As I said- LeBron is never going to own up and take any blame for any bad moves. He is always going to say "well im not the GM". The GM and ownership is where the buck stops.

and if you want to blame LeBron---- sure- blame LeBron- but you are really blaming the Buss family for turning over control of the franchise to him.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,493.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see him go back to Cleveland and bring that city another title.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Self explanatory headline.
I think LeBron wants to stay- but may be forced to leave because of the talent level around him.

he is not going to put up with the chance another season like this happens.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should want out for basketball reasons, but we all know he's a businessman first and a basketball player second. Therefore...

He's going nowhere.
i tend to agree

the only way he leaves LA is if the basketball situation is untenable.

right now its not looking good- and with a lack of assets, cap space, showing that they wont spend deep into the tax with letting Caruso go who would easily be their 4th best player, losing monk this offseason, - it would take some real magic to turn this around.

especially because LeBron is getting more injury prone in his old age, and Davis has his own health issues where he seems he cant be counted on to play 70 games in a season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see him go back to Cleveland and bring that city another title.

I wanna see him return to the Cavs for the 3rd time just to see wiggy's reaction. He won't know what do to. Kiss his ass like he did the previous two times he played in Cleveland or hate-hate-hate him like he did when he left both times.

Did you know LeBron's legacy is ruined because he couldn't get an injured Lakers squad to the playoffs his first year in Los Angeles? #wiggy-logic

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Pelinka told them no- Hield would be a laker.

Davis and LeBron were under contract. What would they have done? not played? lol.

cmon now.

lol

You know better than this. Just stop. No GM is saying no in that situation.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tend to agree

the only way he leaves LA is if the basketball situation is untenable.

right now its not looking good- and with a lack of assets, cap space, showing that they wont spend deep into the tax with letting Caruso go who would easily be their 4th best player, losing monk this offseason, - it would take some real magic to turn this around.

especially because LeBron is getting more injury prone in his old age, and Davis has his own health issues where he seems he cant be counted on to play 70 games in a season.
Very doubtful he leaves LA overall and I give it basically a 0% chance they trade him. The only destination in 2023 that is interesting is Dallas and he would have to take around $15M less to play there I believe

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the earliest he could enter the draft would be 2024 and that is if he is a one and doner...right now, he doesn't look like a one and done. He looks like a 2nd rounder.

On merit, he might not even be a 2nd rounder. But some team is going to want to have Lebron so badly that they will take him in the first, even a 39 year old Lebron would sell out all of the games for a wayward franchise.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On merit, he might not even be a 2nd rounder. But some team is going to want to have Lebron so badly that they will take him in the first, even a 39 year old Lebron would sell out all of the games for a wayward franchise.

According to the recruiting and evaluation sites that I've seen, right now as a high school junior, he is rated as a 4 star recruit and has drawn interest from Duke, UNC, Kentucky and UCLA. Only Kentucky has offered so far. They also have him projected as a 2nd rounder.

My bet is that, unless he just explodes his senior year or freshman year in college, he's probably going to have to stay in college for at least 2 and probably 3 or 4 years to develop.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna see him return to the Cavs for the 3rd time just to see wiggy's reaction. He won't know what do to. Kiss his ass like he did the previous two times he played in Cleveland or hate-hate-hate him like he did when he left both times.

Did you know LeBron's legacy is ruined because he couldn't get an injured Lakers squad to the playoffs his first year in Los Angeles? #wiggy-logic
LMAO

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very doubtful he leaves LA overall and I give it basically a 0% chance they trade him. The only destination in 2023 that is interesting is Dallas and he would have to take around $15M less to play there I believe
Luka and James would be a pretty sick 1-2 punch.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James and Brown would be a nice 1-2 punch.

Yes it would. But neither James or Brown had this fella footwork.

james-brown-king.gif

#oldschool

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the recruiting and evaluation sites that I've seen, right now as a high school junior, he is rated as a 4 star recruit and has drawn interest from Duke, UNC, Kentucky and UCLA. Only Kentucky has offered so far. They also have him projected as a 2nd rounder.

My bet is that, unless he just explodes his senior year or freshman year in college, he's probably going to have to stay in college for at least 2 and probably 3 or 4 years to develop.

I don't think that he would even go to college if he didn't have to. If his name was Tom Smith, I don't think he'd be getting those offers.

I could be wrong and he could explode as a senior or a college player, but I think his dad wants to advance him as fast as possible, frankly to say that he's the one NBA player that played on the same team as his son. And as far as I know, it's only been done in pro sports once with the Griffeys.