• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should LeBron James want out of Los Angeles?

Should James want out of LA

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

• Potato salad

• Total voters

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont agree with that until I hear that from a reliable source and there could be that I am not aware of. That’s just it- I don’t care if Lebron vouched for him, it’s your job as thr GM to do your job to the best of your ability and he MADE the trade. Lebron didn’t make the call and work out the details. So I am absolutely still right- both deserve blame. Same thing for any team. Griffin took heat for moves vouched for but he deserved it. You want to blame thr Lakers situation all on Lebron, fine, but in reality that isn’t true. There is a big difference between sharing the blame and no blame like you suggest

lol

Dude, I don't know how to make it any clearer. This was Lebron's deal. The Lakers had a trade set up for Hield.

You still haven't named a single GM who wouldn't have done what the Lakers did.

And no, you are absolutely not right. I don't know why you are so dead set on absolving Lebron in this. Literally every local and national reporter has been talking about how this is Lebron's mess and the Lakers have told him it's his mess and they're not mortgaging the rest of their future to bail him out.

If Lebron and AD hadn't gone to Pelinka and insisted on Westbrook...Hield would be a Laker.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Dude, I don't know how to make it any clearer. This was Lebron's deal. The Lakers had a trade set up for Hield.

You still haven't named a single GM who wouldn't have done what the Lakers did.

And no, you are absolutely not right. I don't know why you are so dead set on absolving Lebron in this. Literally every local and national reporter has been talking about how this is Lebron's mess and the Lakers have told him it's his mess and they're not mortgaging the rest of their future to bail him out.

If Lebron and AD hadn't gone to Pelinka and insisted on Westbrook...Hield would be a Laker.

Lebron reportedly had the fix, throw away another 1st and try Wall instead.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

Yep. That's when Jeanie and Rob said no, Lebron went into passive aggressive mode over the ASB and then Rich Paul had to deny there's any rift.

Wanted to give up Westbrook and a first for a worse version of Westbrrok.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team I watched lose to NO last night is absolute garbage.

He has to want out. These Lakers are worse than some of his Cavs teams. With no hope for improvement.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should want out for basketball reasons, but we all know he's a businessman first and a basketball player second. Therefore...

He's going nowhere.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where has he been where he didn’t want out?

Is that a fair question? Or does it cause a lot of butthurt? Either way I don’t care lol

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it safe to say he goes to a franchise, “helps” put Together a win now roster at the cost of said franchise’s future.. and then bounces?

Be interesting if the Lakers still had Caruso and Ball.

Dude has had some good teams

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it safe to say he goes to a franchise, “helps” put Together a win now roster at the cost of said franchise’s future.. and then bounces?

Be interesting if the Lakers still had Caruso and Ball.

Dude has had some good teams

I mean they got a title out of it, can't really complain too much.

One thing is kind of fun though...he's under contract next year too...so he has to stick around and deal with the mess he made. lol

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Bill Simmons' out of left field idea that the League is gonna expand to Seattle and Vegas real soon and James will be apart of the Vegas ownership group and thus will play his final years there.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron the player? I agree.

Lebron the GM? He can gtfo.

LeBron the player helps on the court.

LeBron GM doesn’t get this year‘s ring, but without LeBron, are the Lakers winning a ring, either? Money wise, they’re making more money with a no-2021-ring LeBron than no-2021-ring team without LeBron.

So for somebody who is paying more attention, is the future worse because of LeBron? As an outsider, I think they don’t have very many draft picks. But once he leaves, does LA resume its status as a big market and get someone else big?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asshole made his own bed. He should have to sleep in it. Unfortunately, with the way that the NBA is, he won't. Watch it burn as you leave.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron the player helps on the court.

LeBron GM doesn’t get this year‘s ring, but without LeBron, are the Lakers winning a ring, either? Money wise, they’re making more money with a no-2021-ring LeBron than no-2021-ring team without LeBron.

So for somebody who is paying more attention, is the future worse because of LeBron? As an outsider, I think they don’t have very many draft picks. But once he leaves, does LA resume its status as a big market and get someone else big?

The Lakers would still have AD. They do have some picks over the next couple of years because teams aren't allowed to trade first round picks in consecutive years.

The problem with Lebron the GM is that he's not a very good one, but a team has to get the players he wants or they risk losing Lebron the player and so far, any team that gets him wins at least one title. Lebron the GM is why they have Westbrook who everyone thought was a bad fit, but has ended up being an even worse fit than anyone thought.

As for the future, next year is the final year of both his and Westbrooks contracts, plus several shorter ones, will mean about $100 million coming off the books to rebuild with.

What will be interesting is that Lebron has said he wants to stay with the Lakers. Assuming that's true and he's still playing at a high level, the question will be if the Lakers want to pay him what he will likely want.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asshole made his own bed. He should have to sleep in it. Unfortunately, with the way that the NBA is, he won't. Watch it burn as you leave.

If he wants to leave before his contract is up in the summer of 2023, he has to find a team willing to give up at least 80% of his $44.5M contract in assets and draft picks for a 39 year old. That team has to be able to compete for a title even after that trade. Best of luck finding that trade, even with Lebron still an extremely effective player.

Odds are, Lebron stays in LA. If Bronny doesn't enter the 2023 draft, Lebron re-ups with a 1+1 deal in the summer of 2023 (or an extension prior) or waits to see where Bronny gets drafted to end his career playing together. If Bronny does enter the draft in 2023, the Lakers still own their 1st rounder (potential swap with the Pels notwithstanding) and at least 1 2nd rounder (may have a pick coming from the Wiz too?). Lebron would likely wait to see where Bronny ends up before signing a new deal in that case (whether a new deal to stay in LA, a S&T, or outright FA deal).

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants to leave before his contract is up in the summer of 2023, he has to find a team willing to give up at least 80% of his $44.5M contract in assets and draft picks for a 39 year old. That team has to be able to compete for a title even after that trade. Best of luck finding that trade, even with Lebron still an extremely effective player.

Odds are, Lebron stays in LA. If Bronny doesn't enter the 2023 draft, Lebron re-ups with a 1+1 deal in the summer of 2023 (or an extension prior) or waits to see where Bronny gets drafted to end his career playing together. If Bronny does enter the draft in 2023, the Lakers still own their 1st rounder (potential swap with the Pels notwithstanding) and at least 1 2nd rounder (may have a pick coming from the Wiz too?). Lebron would likely wait to see where Bronny ends up before signing a new deal in that case (whether a new deal to stay in LA, a S&T, or outright FA deal).

Can Bronny enter the 2023 draft? He's only a junior. Unless they've changed or are going to change the rules.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Bronny enter the 2023 draft? He's only a junior. Unless they've changed or are going to change the rules.

I think that the earliest he could enter the draft would be 2024 and that is if he is a one and doner...right now, he doesn't look like a one and done. He looks like a 2nd rounder.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who are the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th best players on the Lakers?

its a sad state of affairs considering the war chest of cap space and young players they had just a few short years ago.