• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason Game 1 - Los Angeles Chargers @ Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium, Saturday, 08/13/22, 6:00PM PST

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Win of the 2023 Pre-season. On we go next Friday to SoFi against the Texans with their new Red helmets!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perkins is a big man. 6'4 about 220lbs. He can run and he can throw. I am quite sure if Stafford can't go we will be fine with Perkins at the QB. We will need a run game to help him get acclimated but he is quite capable of having a damn good game.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perkins has hung in the pocket to hit McCutcheon. I like to see Perkins get some plays in the regular season games to keep defenses honest.
I was thinking the same thing BattleLyon. McVay should just get him some work during the regular season and he should let McCutcheon play with Perkins. Not just garbage work but say a half of football when we have a big lead or something of that nature.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody knows that repeating Snooperbowl appearances and wins is getting increasingly more difficult. McVay is innovative enough to have Perkins come in and just play like he's capable resting Stafford when and where possible!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was fun and winning is def the goal of this year's Rams again!!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perkins is a big man. 6'4 about 220lbs. He can run and he can throw. I am quite sure if Stafford can't go we will be fine with Perkins at the QB. We will need a run game to help him get acclimated but he is quite capable of having a damn good game.
And he’s had time to recover from the beatings he took in college, which makes him fresh. The guy has always been tough and never wanted to come out of games, no matter how much he was hurt. I think with the weapons this team has, he’d make for a damn fine backup if Stafford went down for any length of time.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah he did his thing... def got my respect. Wouldn't mind seeing Bryce in some games this year to spell our boy especially if that elbow is an issue. He has the size but i saw him take some big hits earlier when he went on that scramble. Just need to hit that baseball slide a bit more.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of you were happy, but I was disappointed in Perkins play as far a progress goes. He was lucky the Chargers No 1's weren't in, or it would have been a long night for the Rams. McCutcheon saved his bacon on those 2 TD's, but McCutcheon was just a play maker!

I saw too many times Perk staring down receivers (likely McCutcheon).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article states what I saw last night. Once again, it is becoming increasingly clear that McSnead effed-up another early round draft pick by passing on Dylan Parham and taking Logan Bruss on a recommendation by Wisconsin teammates like David Edwards and Havenstein. Bruss struggled last evening against guys like ex-Rams Morgan Fox who bull-rushed Bruss often and sometimes planted Bruss into the turf. It is obvious that Bruss is going to need a lot more work and Coleman Shelton is beating him out of the right guard spot vacated by Corbett. Dylan Parham is going to be an opening-day starter for the Raiders. Not Bruss. he'll be on the bench as a back-up.

I don't know what it is about McShit-Fer-Brains, but they just have such an aversion to Rounds 1-2 that they are establishing a clear record of selecting effed-up players or less than optimal talent that need two-to-three years seasoning before they are ready to play at a level that is fitting of players taken in those rounds.

Also, McCutcheon is now in play to become such a keeper that the Rams should let Van Jefferson comeback slower than predicted from his knee injury. McCutcheon is so good (he is big receiver) that perhaps the anxiety over signing OBJ later in the year can subside and if OBJ wants to walk, MCutcheon has that move covered. He should move ahead of Atwell for the three spot if he continues to play like he did last night.

Sad to say, that because of injury and Morris and McVay playing other players ahead of him like Taylor Rapp, Terrell Burgess played last night and he didn't have a very good night getting beat often. His career started-out promising but because of injury and being over-looked, he may end-up getting cut or traded.

BTW, the Rams have two really good big backs from other teams in A.J. Rose and T. Ragas that both looked really good last night. And I'll bet that McShit-Fer-Brains is going to keep people like Raymond Calais and the new rook who is hurt Williams over both those big backs WHO WE SHOULD DEF KEEP!! Typical McHsit-Fer-Brains getting attached to players he clearly shouldn't and letting good-to-great talent walk. It is mind-baffling.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Another article and I agree totally with everything in it. Keepers: Liam Coen, new OC; McCutcheon, the real deal; A.J. Rose, red zone authority running; Perkins, he has all the right tools and he scrambles really well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this article as well. Kolone is being groomed as the next Center and he is showing some signs of improvement since McShit-Fer-Brains whiffed on at least four good Centers in two separate drafts.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an example how McShit-Fer-Brains starts his PR spin on a player he gets attached to way too early and after reading this I was shaking my head thinking: "Did you watch the same game the rest of us did?" Bruss got manhandled by Fox and missed several assignments that were obvious to everyone else but apparently not to McShit-Fer-Brains.

Of course McShit-Fer-Brains is going to say what he said because he has an investment to protect. And that is McShit-Fer-Brains' end-game. Keep positive and he believes good things happen. I say, compared to what? McShit-Fer-Brains will never admit too much that he made many bad mistakes with players. He just keeps marching along, blah, blah, blah! Because if McShit-Fer-Brains is actually objective, he has to admit to the fact and the truth that he and Snead suck at selecting players in the first two rounds of any draft.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCutcheon is a keeper and he will probably make the team's 53-man roster. I'll be surprised if he doesn't. He was an UDFA and he is not related to Lawrence McCutcheon, a badass RetroRam is in own right. Lawrence was huge in the Rams first modern-day Snooperbowl we almost won from the Stillers back-in-the-day!!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCutcheon is a keeper and he will probably make the team's 53-man roster. I'll be surprised if he doesn't. He was an UDFA and he is not related to Lawrence McCutcheon, a badass RetroRam is in own right. Lawrence was huge in the Rams first modern-day Snooperbowl we almost won from the Stillers back-in-the-day!!
That was a great season.