• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should LeBron James want out of Los Angeles?

Should James want out of LA

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

• Potato salad

• Total voters

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that he would even go to college if he didn't have to. If his name was Tom Smith, I don't think he'd be getting those offers.

Not necessarily. Assuming the 4 star rating is accurate, those schools would likely still be interested in him.

I haven't seen him play yet , so I can't say if his 4 star rating is based on where he is as a player now...or on the assumption that he will get better given who his Dad is.

One thing seems certain, if he does make it to the NBA, he won't have near the impact his Dad did.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who are the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th best players on the Lakers?

its a sad state of affairs considering the war chest of cap space and young players they had just a few short years ago.

No it isn’t.

Because they won a title.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. Assuming the 4 star rating is accurate, those schools would likely still be interested in him.

I haven't seen him play yet , so I can't say if his 4 star rating is based on where he is as a player now...or on the assumption that he will get better given who his Dad is.

One thing seems certain, if he does make it to the NBA, he won't have near the impact his Dad did.

It is almost impossible not to inflate his ranking a bit based on who his dad is.

His name draws attention, attention boosts national recruiting rankings. There are probably quite a few 3 stars who are similar prospects.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD is still incredibly valuable- but he is def. not as valuable as he was when the Lakers traded for him. I think the injuries and some of the inconsistency have worn away some of the luster. At one point he was considered a top 5 player/asset in the league. I am not sure if he would be top 10 now. He might be towards the back end- but i think its more likely he is around top 15-20 or so.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn’t.

Because they won a title.
to basically have one crack at a title with 4 years of LeBron is pretty uninspiring.

I mean- even Cleveland had Love as a 3rd, and guys like Thompson as a 4th, etc.....the Lakers overall roster was never as good as LeBron had his 2nd time in Cleveland or he had in Miami. The Lakers did not put together a team as good as those teams and spent more assets.

to be where they are- with RW as your third, and i dont even know who as your 4th, 5th, 6th guys is to say the least, a squandering of assets and opportunity- especially as you hype the market as such an important factor in building a team.

Obviously I think you vastly over estimate the impact of market and underestimate the impact of sound management in todays NBA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to basically have one crack at a title with 4 years of LeBron is pretty uninspiring.

I mean- even Cleveland had Love as a 3rd, and guys like Thompson as a 4th, etc.....the Lakers overall roster was never as good as LeBron had his 2nd time in Cleveland or he had in Miami. The Lakers did not put together a team as good as those teams and spent more assets.

to be where they are- with RW as your third, and i dont even know who as your 4th, 5th, 6th guys is to say the least, a squandering of assets and opportunity- especially as you hype the market as such an important factor in building a team.

Obviously I think you vastly over estimate the impact of market and underestimate the impact of sound management in todays NBA.

Obviously I think you vastly overestimate everything to do with Cleveland.

I never underestimate the value of sound management. It is usually a prerequisite to a title.

But the Lakers got 1 without it because they are the Lakers. Cleveland needs to be near perfect to even be in the conversation because they are Cleveland.

Be careful about your critique. LA is 1/4. Cleveland was 1/11

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never underestimate the value of sound management. It is usually a prerequisite to a title.

But the Lakers got 1 without it because they are the Lakers. Cleveland needs to be near perfect to even be in the conversation because they are Cleveland.

the Cavs made 5 finals and were never the joke that the Lakers are right now with LeBron James.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Los Angeles Lakers started Stanley Johnson, Malik Monk and Austin Reeves tonight- and just gave up 71 points in the first half and are on their way to being 7 games under .500.

nothing more has to be said of the failure of Pelinka and Bus.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 if the Cavs were 7 games under .500 with LeBron and starting; a street free agent failed lotto pick, another failed lotto pick that has at least played decently, and an undrafted rookie guard- all 3 guys with no track record of success- all 3 who are not near starter level players on a quality team - what would the narrative be?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs made 5 finals and were never the joke that the Lakers are right now with LeBron James.

They probably would have been in year 4 of stint 2.

But LeBron was younger and more dominant and the East was total ass.

So they made the Finals anyway.

The Lakers wouldn’t be legit contenders either way, but the reason they are falling out of the race is because they just haven’t had their 2 best players together most of the year. LeBron isn’t great enough to carry it by himself anymore.

But for Christ sakes. Don’t try to pretend that Cleveland’s supporting roster in 2018 was a lot better than this one. It wasn’t.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 if the Cavs were 7 games under .500 with LeBron and starting; a street free agent failed lotto pick, another failed lotto pick that has at least played decently, and an undrafted rookie guard- all 3 guys with no track record of success- all 3 who are not near starter level players on a quality team - what would the narrative be?
#fail

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers wouldn’t be legit contenders either way, but the reason they are falling out of the race is because they just haven’t had their 2 best players together most of the year. LeBron isn’t great enough to carry it by himself anymore.

But for Christ sakes. Don’t try to pretend that Cleveland’s supporting roster in 2018 was a lot better than this one. It wasn’t.
That’s kinda the point though, the supporting cast is awful. One title sure but while alebron is still playing at a high level you want to compete. The Lakers have crumbled after starting the season as a Finals or bust. Lebron is still playing at a high level but they are so bad it doesn’t matter. Even with AD they aren’t winning games bc the Lakers did so poorly this offseason. This is the Lakers-a team that can get any player in a destination everyone wants to go to and they shit the bed the last couple years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss I mean what kind of trade offers would be realistic for a 37 going 38 year old. I’m sure they would get a handful of offers but lets pretend the Cavs were interested.

Garland Mobley are off limits and JA would borderline bc of his value to the team. Would LA even want him having AD. All would depend on what happens with Russ and AD in the offseason. I think if they trade Lebron, they keep AD. I guess they could push for a AD-JA big combo but this is the offer I would see realistically:

Okoro, Markkanen and Sexton/LeVert. Most definitely they would ask for a sign-and-trade including Sexton and the money adds up. Do you do this?

Garland, LeVert, Bron, Mobley, Allen
Goodwin, Cedi, Stevens/Wade, Love and a 10M MLE in the offseason to bring in Rubio or a SG.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss I mean what kind of trade offers would be realistic for a 37 going 38 year old. I’m sure they would get a handful of offers but lets pretend the Cavs were interested.

Garland Mobley are off limits and JA would borderline bc of his value to the team. Would LA even want him having AD. All would depend on what happens with Russ and AD in the offseason. I think if they trade Lebron, they keep AD. I guess they could push for a AD-JA big combo but this is the offer I would see realistically:

Okoro, Markkanen and Sexton/LeVert. Most definitely they would ask for a sign-and-trade including Sexton and the money adds up. Do you do this?

Garland, LeVert, Bron, Mobley, Allen
Goodwin, Cedi, Stevens/Wade, Love and a 10M MLE in the offseason to bring in Rubio or a SG.
I dont think the Cavs would make the trade and I dont think they have assets available the Lakers would want.

I think he would get traded elsewhere.

I mean- you have love in the deal

or- you could go like- a sign and trade of Sexton, Markkanen, LeVert, like you said.

I just dont think it makes sense at all from either side

the only way the Cavs do it is if LeBron is demanding out, have the Lakers over a barrell- and it costs Sexton, Markkanen, LeVert. I would do that deal. I dont think I would do it if Okoro was included.

Okoro is fast becoming one of the top wing defenders in the league.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no fucking way.

The Cavs obviously did not have a 3rd star- but they actually had real NBA players like Tristan Thompson, Larry Nance, George Hill, Kyle Korver, Rodney Hood, Jordan Clarkson---- any one of which would be the best role player on this lakers team

the difference between those guys, and guys like Monk, Johnson, Reeves, washed up Ariza, Jordan, Howard, etc. is VAST.

those were actually guys that were professional, playoff experienced vets who knew how to win and werent just junk like Jordan, Ariza, Bradley, etc.....and they werent young guys that had no clue what they are doing like Reeves, THT, Johnson.

put COMPETENT vets that still can play- that are pros and have playoff experience and know how to win around LeBron and you ARENT going to be 7 games under .500

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the Cavs would make the trade and I dont think they have assets available the Lakers would want.

I think he would get traded elsewhere.

I mean- you have love in the deal

or- you could go like- a sign and trade of Sexton, Markkanen, LeVert, like you said.

I just dont think it makes sense at all from either side

the only way the Cavs do it is if LeBron is demanding out, have the Lakers over a barrell- and it costs Sexton, Markkanen, LeVert. I would do that deal. I dont think I would do it if Okoro was included.

Okoro is fast becoming one of the top wing defenders in the league.
Yeah even though Sexton is a great pure scorer Okoro is probably the deal breaker in that deal. I mean they would also have to consider where Lebron wants to go...sure they don't have to but they would...we all know it. So that takes out most of the league honestly. The Cavs are one of the few teams that could make a really good offer and still compete for a championship. I mean with that roster they are probably top 3. I think they could get better offers as in the best overall player but the Cavs can make a damn good offer but like you said, would they? Most likely not unless it's special circumstances and Lebron demands out. I don't see that happening, it isn't like him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s kinda the point though, the supporting cast is awful. One title sure but while alebron is still playing at a high level you want to compete. The Lakers have crumbled after starting the season as a Finals or bust. Lebron is still playing at a high level but they are so bad it doesn’t matter. Even with AD they aren’t winning games bc the Lakers did so poorly this offseason. This is the Lakers-a team that can get any player in a destination everyone wants to go to and they shit the bed the last couple years.

Last I checked, they have a winning record when both Lebron and AD played.