• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should I do this trade?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp I just lost my catcher in Montero....

Do I drop him? I mean I need a catcher...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp I just lost my catcher in Montero....

Do I drop him? I mean I need a catcher...

Probably... how many teams? ...and who's available?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 Team League

salty
Martin
Mesorco
Hundley
Norris
Iannetta
Swihart (lol)
Pierjinski
Navarro
Pretty much it

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 Team League

salty
Martin
Mesorco
Hundley
Norris
Iannetta
Swihart (lol)
Pierjinski
Navarro
Pretty much it

Yeah... you can safely drop Montero.

Salty is hotter than ever. Beware of the regression...and the return of James McCann.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... you can safely drop Montero.

Salty is hotter than ever. Beware of the regression...and the return of James McCann.

Yeah that is why I was so hesitant on him but right now he's the best option

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt I have a shot at finishing 3rd in this league let alone winning it. Though the buddy that got me into this league 9(finished 2nd last season) is now currently 0-3 so there is a glimmer of hope!

Here is the thing that NBA fans understand very well. If you aren't going to make the playoffs, you might as well be in last. Trying to compete for 8th or 9th place will cost you opportunities to build for the future. You don't have to make the decision now, but once a few weeks have gone by and you window has closed, keep in mind it is actually better to finish last than to narrowly miss the playoffs.

8th does not pay, and at least if you are busy acquiring future assets you greatly improve your chances down the road.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing that NBA fans understand very well. If you aren't going to make the playoffs, you might as well be in last. Trying to compete for 8th or 9th place will cost you opportunities to build for the future. You don't have to make the decision now, but once a few weeks have gone by and you window has closed, keep in mind it is actually better to finish last than to narrowly miss the playoffs.

8th does not pay, and at least if you are busy acquiring future assets you greatly improve your chances down the road.

AND NOW Dee Gordon suspended 80 games and my back-up Phillips is DTD

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND NOW Dee Gordon suspended 80 games and my back-up Phillips is DTD

Jeez. You are not having much luck with this team, are ya?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez. You are not having much luck with this team, are ya?

Certainly not...

Though Last year my first win was I think week 13 or something (when I took over) and I already have 1 win (1-2), so I guess there thats

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly not...

Though Last year my first win was I think week 13 or something (when I took over) and I already have 1 win (1-2), so I guess there thats

Drop him and pick up Turner if you can.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drop him and pick up Turner if you can.

I don't know that he should drop Gordon. Isn't he still likely to be one of his keepers for next season? One flaw I see with everyone suggesting him to pick up every top prospect is that he only keeps 8 and will all these top prospects still be top 10-12 round talents next season? If they are lower than that he shouldn't keep them anyway. He could redraft them while the contenders are taking the available ML pieces in the early rounds of the draft. If it was full dynasty I would agree more with collect the most elite prospects and hope several hit and form the base of your team for the future. With only 8 keepers, he's just as likely to hold the wrong ones, or surrender ML talent that he should be keeping to horde as many lottery tickets as possible.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that he should drop Gordon. Isn't he still likely to be one of his keepers for next season? One flaw I see with everyone suggesting him to pick up every top prospect is that he only keeps 8 and will all these top prospects still be top 10-12 round talents next season? If they are lower than that he shouldn't keep them anyway. He could redraft them while the contenders are taking the available ML pieces in the early rounds of the draft. If it was full dynasty I would agree more with collect the most elite prospects and hope several hit and form the base of your team for the future. With only 8 keepers, he's just as likely to hold the wrong ones, or surrender ML talent that he should be keeping to horde as many lottery tickets as possible.

Nobody is saying to keep all the prospects, just to get all you can and see which ones are decent keepers... after all they are better keepers than he has at this point...

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying to keep all the prospects, just to get all you can and see which ones are decent keepers... after all they are better keepers than he has at this point...

My point is how is he going to figure out which 8 to keep going into next year? Coming into this season, wouldn't Buxton have been in his 8? Eight keepers is too shallow of a keeper rule to play the prospect lottery IMHO. If it's full dynasty, that's entirely different, but then none of these elite prospects would even be on the waiver wire to begin with.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C: Montero
1B: EE
2B: Dee Gordon
3B: Fraizer
SS: Lindor
LF: Ramus
CF: Eaton
RF: Markakis
UTIL: Kiermaier
Bench: Beltran
DL: Schwarber
DL: Choo

Pitching:
deGrom
Teheran
Y. Ventura
Koehler
C. Bassit
A.Ramos
Craig Allen
Grilli
Rodney
Jose Quintana
E.Ramirez
Happ
M.Perez
Colby Lewis

deGrom
EE
Frazier
Lindor
Eaton
Quintana
Reed
*Schwarber

These would be my eight keepers as of today if it were me.

I would try to turn EE, Gordon, Schwarber ...and maybe Quintana for four elite prospects and picks. And I would want them all to be arms. Only 9 hitters starting makes waivers doable, imo. Easy to ride hot streaks/matchups. It also makes streaming arms an option too, I know, but trading for elite hitters is MUCH harder.

Giolito, Glasnow, Urias, and Manaea to name a few. All could be pretty good next year and studs beyond.

Honestly, in a shallow league like this, I don't think anyone is ever "out of it".

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just offered a trade (since Gordon now suspended and Phillips is DTD)

Julio Teheran FOR Pedey

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just offered a trade (since Gordon now suspended and Phillips is DTD)

Julio Teheran FOR Pedey

First off, we non redsox fans don't know Pedroia's nick name is pedey...LOL...

again, that is a nothing trade... doesn't help or hurt you... so do it if you are that desperate for 2B... Teheran is nowhere near a keeper...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deGrom
EE
Frazier
Lindor
Eaton
Quintana
Reed
*Schwarber

These would be my eight keepers as of today if it were me.

I would try to turn EE, Gordon, Schwarber ...and maybe Quintana for four elite prospects and picks. And I would want them all to be arms. Only 9 hitters starting makes waivers doable, imo. Easy to ride hot streaks/matchups. It also makes streaming arms an option too, I know, but trading for elite hitters is MUCH harder.

Giolito, Glasnow, Urias, and Manaea to name a few. All could be pretty good next year and studs beyond.

Honestly, in a shallow league like this, I don't think anyone is ever "out of it".

Eaton is not a great keeper... and if Reed doesn't ever play this season then I wouldn't keep him either...

your other 6 keepers are actually not bad... At this point I would still be keeping Gordon...

You have to pay attention to whether or not Schwarber is catcher eligibility next year, otherwise he too is not a good keeper...

Quintana is an OK keeper, but he is in the Mark Buerhle camp of being very good but you feel like you can always do better...

Honestly, what I would do is trade Lindor... He is a young "stud" who played well over his head last season, AND he is on a bad offensive team... I would see if anyone would pay to get him...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eaton is not a great keeper... and if Reed doesn't ever play this season then I wouldn't keep him either...

your other 6 keepers are actually not bad... At this point I would still be keeping Gordon...

You have to pay attention to whether or not Schwarber is catcher eligibility next year, otherwise he too is not a good keeper...

Quintana is an OK keeper, but he is in the Mark Buerhle camp of being very good but you feel like you can always do better...

Honestly, what I would do is trade Lindor... He is a young "stud" who played well over his head last season, AND he is on a bad offensive team... I would see if anyone would pay to get him...

Eaton isn't terrible either.

I don't think anyone is off limits as far as trading. You have a point on Lindor. He wasn't a projected power guy.