• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should I do this trade?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eaton isn't terrible either.

I don't think anyone is off limits as far as trading. You have a point on Lindor. He wasn't a projected power guy.

No he is not terrible... Just as a keeper... He is a borderline 8th round pick... that is not a good keeper...

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he is not terrible... Just as a keeper... He is a borderline 8th round pick... that is not a good keeper...

Agree with Milk....Eaton not a keeper right now. MBBRL Molsan drafted him in the 11th, and I drafted him in the 12th in Draft and Forget. He's a solid player, just don't see him having top 8 round return. He is a little better in our two formats because he gets a little bump up for OBP. However, he is only 27 and if he can prove last years power wasn't a fluke, he should get to that borderline 8th round keeper range if he can stay healthy and put up a line similar to 2015.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Milk....Eaton not a keeper right now. MBBRL Molsan drafted him in the 11th, and I drafted him in the 12th in Draft and Forget. He's a solid player, just don't see him having top 8 round return. He is a little better in our two formats because he gets a little bump up for OBP. However, he is only 27 and if he can prove last years power wasn't a fluke, he should get to that borderline 8th round keeper range if he can stay healthy and put up a line similar to 2015.

That is why I am suggesting prospects. This year, he was keeping guys like Teheran. I agree that prospects usually are not worth keeping in formats like this one, but give a young player with future upside every time over a mediocre vet. I have nothing against Eatin and Quintana, but when they are among your best keeper options, you are losing ground to the rest of the field. Both make safe early redraft picks, but neither move the needle as keepers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MilkSpiller22,

If you are not keeping Reed, who are you bumping him for? Regardless of what he does this year, that will be a tragic mistake if Reed ends up being a perennial 1st/2nd round fantasy pick. He has that ability.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I am suggesting prospects. This year, he was keeping guys like Teheran. I agree that prospects usually are not worth keeping in formats like this one, but give a young player with future upside every time over a mediocre vet. I have nothing against Eatin and Quintana, but when they are among your best keeper options, you are losing ground to the rest of the field. Both make safe early redraft picks, but neither move the needle as keepers.

I think though the point is that yes, you should stockpile prospects... But just because they are top prospects does not mean they are keepers... They are just good gambles to take NOW... you still need to see them before you keep them IMO...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MilkSpiller22,

If you are not keeping Reed, who are you bumping him for? Regardless of what he does this year, that will be a tragic mistake if Reed ends up being a perennial 1st/2nd round fantasy pick. He has that ability.

But he is not that next season... he might in the future... But honestly, I think it is a mistake in any keeper league to stash a player so he can help you in 3 years...

before I keep anyone, I ask Will I be keeping this player next year too?? If the answer is no, then he is only to be kept at last resort...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he is not that next season... he might in the future... But honestly, I think it is a mistake in any keeper league to stash a player so he can help you in 3 years...

before I keep anyone, I ask Will I be keeping this player next year too?? If the answer is no, then he is only to be kept at last resort...

Not when your other options are players like Adam Eaton. Keeping a player who can be drafted in round 12 and offers little upside ahead of a potential future stud is a mistake. You need keeper studs to compete in a league like this. Locking up possibilities now is important.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when your other options are players like Adam Eaton. Keeping a player who can be drafted in round 12 and offers little upside ahead of a potential future stud is a mistake. You need keeper studs to compete in a league like this. Locking up possibilities now is important.

Of course if you HAVE to keep players and your options suck, you should go with the players with higher upside. I am not disagreeing with that.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I do disagree about trading already stud players for unprovens. If I am to trade EE I need more than just giolito.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, we non redsox fans don't know Pedroia's nick name is pedey...LOL...

again, that is a nothing trade... doesn't help or hurt you... so do it if you are that desperate for 2B... Teheran is nowhere near a keeper...

well you should! LOL.. How dare you not know that! LOL

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I do disagree about trading already stud players for unprovens. If I am to trade EE I need more than just giolito.

Who is saying to do that?

I would be shopping EE, but looking for established young players like Springer or SYndergaard. Going after Giolito is a fine idea too, but that is where you deal a player like Eaton who has value, but is not good enough to be a keeper.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to keep 8 players either. We can keep less and get more draft picks, which could be swung for players

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Salty's not starting tonight... FLOCK!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Driaz - If he wants Gordon back, I'll bet he'll have a pretty decent chance of picking him back up. That said, he's got a few other guys he can drop first. I'd still grab Turner for someone.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is saying to do that?

I would be shopping EE, but looking for established young players like Springer or SYndergaard. Going after Giolito is a fine idea too, but that is where you deal a player like Eaton who has value, but is not good enough to be a keeper.

I hate to even think of the package you'd have to make to have a shot at Syndergaard.
And same with the Giolito owner...probably not moving him for an Eaton type.
btw, Eaton was a top 20 OF last year, and another year of that wouldn't make his ADP jump be crazy. Take away the non-CF and that list shortens.

I think when (if) Reed comes up and looks good, EE can be moved for a Giolito/Urias type with an upgrade somewhere.

The problem with no CI or MI, is the value of hitters in trades drop because the 12th best at any given position won't break you.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How ever many keepers you have that is how many spots you lose in the draft

but if you take less than 8, are the rounds that you don't lose in the beginning or the end of the draft??

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if you take less than 8, are the rounds that you don't lose in the beginning or the end of the draft??

oh sorry, as far as I know they are in the beginning of the draft.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a dealio that I've vacillating on...

I can start two of the following (I've included fantasy points per start based on this league's scoring):

Clayton Kershaw - (21.3 FP/GS) - @ TOR
Bartolo Colon - (12.6 FP/GS) - Vs ATL, @ SDP
Chris Tillman - (12.3 FP/GS) - Vs NYY, Vs OAK

Hard to bench Kershaw, but he's got one start and it's against TOR, although TOR's offense has been pretty average so far.

Colon has two starts against the two worst offenses in baseball (measured by OPS), but his average points per start doubled is only four points more than Kershaw's average for one.

Tillman has two starts; one against the Yankees who've sucked ass at the dish, and one against OAK, who've been slightly below average. His FP/GS doubled is also about four points more than Kershaw's single.

I guess I'm leaning Kershaw and Colon. What do you fuckers think?