• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherman Fined

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no word about the random SF coach/player hitting Lane?

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no word about the random SF coach/player hitting Lane?

Apparently it was not a player, according to Harbaugh, but he refused to say to the media who the guy was. Carroll said he asked the NFL about that situation but did not get an answer yet.

As far as the fine, it suits the "crime" at least they didn't throw the book at him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AliDodge.gif

Be like Muhammad Ali!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's astounding to me the number of Seahawk fans revelling in Sherman's douchebag behavior. If we are all more like him, I'd never leave my house.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's astounding to me the number of Seahawk fans revelling in Sherman's douchebag behavior. If we are all more like him, I'd never leave my house.

Right... because trash talk is the worst thing ever.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get a sense of humor. It's all in fun.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, what did he do that is so offensive?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dam lol… Never seen that … Ali was a slight bit allusive I would say…

Allusive? I'd say so. The young kid in the vid is 19 year old Michael Dokes, who before turning pro , claimed his fists were so fast that film couldn't capture them and Muhammad Ali had better retire before he turned pro or he would kill the old guy.:lol: So Ali gave him a exhibition fight a couple of years later! One of lives most embarrassing moments for Dokes!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem with him trash talking on the field. I'm sure he wasn't the only one doing that.

The guy has been many times in the past and was in the post-game interview: classless, unsportsmanlike and stupid. It's not a criminal offense and he's not really hurting anyone. I think it's more telling about the people who react to it. You see one of two idiots:

1) All the people calling him a "thug" and worse come out from under their rocks and show how ignorant, racist and stupid they are;
2) All the people (mostly Seattle fans) that not only defend his antics, but truly revel in them. RS for President, more people should act like RS did there, life needs more trash talk...it's just dumb and reflective of something deeper. It should be basic common sense that it was douchebag behavior.

If you have a little Seahawk fan at home, do you show him Sherman's post-game rant or Russell Wilson's post-game comments in the proper way to be a winner? If your answer is Sherman, I'm sure your child has long been on the way to being yet another adult asshat in this country.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem with him trash talking on the field. I'm sure he wasn't the only one doing that.

The guy has been many times in the past and was in the post-game interview: classless, unsportsmanlike and stupid. It's not a criminal offense and he's not really hurting anyone. I think it's more telling about the people who react to it. You see one of two idiots:

1) All the people calling him a "thug" and worse come out from under their rocks and show how ignorant, racist and stupid they are;
2) All the people (mostly Seattle fans) that not only defend his antics, but truly revel in them. RS for President, more people should act like RS did there, life needs more trash talk...it's just dumb and reflective of something deeper. It should be basic common sense that it was douchebag behavior.

If you have a little Seahawk fan at home, do you show him Sherman's post-game rant or Russell Wilson's post-game comments in the proper way to be a winner? If your answer is Sherman, I'm sure your child has long been on the way to being yet another adult asshat in this country.

You understand that A LOT of people like this aspect of sports and want to see more of it.

I'm not saying that I agree with him or his antics, but I understand that it's what a lot of people want to read/hear about. A lot of people REALLY support this behavior, like deep down in their gut they like to see this. They aren't all Seattle fans.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure our fans would gladly take up a collection and pay his fine for him and tell him to do it again.

Read this op ed piece by a seattletimes staff writer. She thinks we need to all be more like Sherm

Notebook: Seattle needs to do more trash talking like Richard Sherman | Opinion | The Seattle Times

What Sherman did is absolute garbage and has no place in sports. There is a difference between trash talk, and outright disrespect and personal insults vs another professional. Trash talking is fine. Saying to the world how good he thinks he is is even fine. Showmanship is fine. But calling another player "sorry ass" and "mediocre at best" is classless beyond belief. It is not funny. It is not trash talk.

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1

Sounds like you just lowered yourself to Shermans standards. Yes, what he did was probably wrong, You and thousands of others have lowered yourselves to his standards. Your no better than Sherman if you keep all the hate towards him going

Have another hateful day:suds:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ide One: You make zero sense. I'd ask you to elaborate, but I'm pretty sure that's not possible.

Calling someone a "hater" is just a cop-out. A "hater" is someone that criticizes someone for no good reason. I believe I've provided plenty of reasons and they are fairly common ones you've heard from many other people on this issue. Grow up.

I'm no Seahawks fan, but I am objective. While you have the biggest DB in the NFL on your team, you also have one of the classiest young players in the league in Russell Wilson and a few other guys that have great stories that unfortunately being overshadowed by one giant douche.

BoBlake: I hear ya...I think you are right. There are more people than Seahawk fans that love this stuff. I'm guessing Niners fans probably have the same reaction if the shoe was on the other foot here. But it's still pathetic.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Sherman did is absolute garbage and has no place in sports. There is a difference between trash talk, and outright disrespect and personal insults vs another professional. Trash talking is fine. Saying to the world how good he thinks he is is even fine. Showmanship is fine. But calling another player "sorry ass" and "mediocre at best" is classless beyond belief. It is not funny. It is not trash talk.

Feigned outrage is so cute this time of year.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

20kveqp.jpg

I made him watch Sherman for 15 straight hours.
Now I'm sending him to live with his grandparents in Arizona.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the haters out there would give their left nut to have Richard Sherman on their team. Easy to hate him when he plays for a SB bound team.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it is possible to criticize something and not be a gigantic "hater". That's just a word you attach to someone who says something you don't like. Don't join the debate club.

I stand by everything I said about Sherman being a douche and why. He is also a very intelligent guy (which cuts both ways on this issue), one of the best players in the NFL, someone I"d love to have on my team (due solely to his talent) and has some good qualities too (I think he does some legit charity work). I also think the Seahawks are the better team in the SB and will win.

Man, I'm such a hater.