• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shazier

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to lean that way . Steer me away and tell me he is to lean, please

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I can possibly see as a negative is what do we then do with Carter? It makes him a two down LBer and he's got too damn much speed for that. But let the chips fall where they may.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to lean that way . Steer me away and tell me he is to lean, please

I think Barr will be the pick if he his there @ 16. Jerry just said he really want to replace Ware.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could do worse than Shazier. I know Jerrah wants to replace Ware. Barr is not a complete player and not sure if he is a good fit in this defense. Barr looks like a tweener and those guys look better in a 3-4.

Shazier looks like a good fit for what we want to do on defense.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Barr will be the pick if he his there @ 16. Jerry just said he really want to replace Ware.

If Barr is the pick ....... someone will have to fill me in on the rest of the draft ...... TV go BOOM

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Barr is the pick ....... someone will have to fill me in on the rest of the draft ...... TV go BOOM

Just in case maybe you should watch the draft @ a bar. Pun intended......

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a guy I respect compare Shazier to Lance Briggs. Bring him on

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a guy I respect compare Shazier to Lance Briggs. Bring him on

I'd like Shazier ALOT...... but not at 16 .... trade down and grab him .... Oh hell yeah

I don't see the Briggs comparison though

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like Shazier ALOT...... but not at 16 .... trade down and grab him .... Oh hell yeah

I don't see the Briggs comparison though

Shazier is smaller, they were talking about scheme fit. Shazier is a great fit in this D as an WLB, but even more so as a nickel MLB because of his amazing speed to cover the deep middle. And before a Lee fan(which I am too) chimes in that no one can move Lee out of the middle, I guarantee you, in 3rd and long nickel, Shazier would be be the one covering the middle of the field.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shazier is smaller, they were talking about scheme fit. Shazier is a great fit in this D as an WLB, but even more so as a nickel MLB because of his amazing speed to cover the deep middle. And before a Lee fan(which I am too) chimes in that no one can move Lee out of the middle, I guarantee you, in 3rd and long nickel, Shazier would be be the one covering the middle of the field.

Actually if you watch Shazier tape .... He is a Bruce Carter Clone..... And I like Carter and have been high on him since he came out of college.

Take the time and watch their college highlights ........ VERY VERY similar players.... and that didn't seem to work last year ...

But ofc since I like Carter I'd take the chance on him .... just neither is really a cover guy as much as they are a find the ball and attack guy

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually if you watch Shazier tape .... He is a Bruce Carter Clone..... And I like Carter and have been high on him since he came out of college.

Take the time and watch their college highlights ........ VERY VERY similar players.... and that didn't seem to work last year ...

But ofc since I like Carter I'd take the chance on him .... just neither is really a cover guy as much as they are a find the ball and attack guy

They both have freakish athletic ability. I haven't given up on Carter. I'm not trying to insult Carter or Mo, but I think part of the reason both guys struggled last season is that they were playing in a new scheme and were a little slow picking it up. It would not surprise me at all to see this D play a Hell of a lot better this year under Rod.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have some similarities. I do think shazier has better instincts and he is a much faster and explosive player. You may br right about the coverage skills. Carter did not show in college that he had the potential to be good in coverage. Shazier from what I could see has the potential because he is more instinctive. But time will tell if he will be good in coverage. If telvin smith drops we need to snag him. He looks good in coverage

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. More than speed to the picture and Lee has more than necessary. Instincts and knowing where to be are even more important IMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the Shazier love. Can't see him as BPA or filling our biggest need. But, if we take him I think he will help the team, so I wouldn't be upset. My gut tells me this year I am going to be happy with whomever we pick. Especially after Jerry comes on an hour later and tells us they had him ranked as a top 5 player...