• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Sharks Vs Blues

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jake Allen it is, I think the Sharks are going to spark him up. Not very good laterally at all the Sharks will have him dancing

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Allen it is, I think the Sharks are going to spark him up. Not very good laterally at all the Sharks will have him dancing

Nothing is a gurantee but I'm never a fan of random goalie changes. Almost always a kiss of death eventually.

Hopefully they pump him full of rubber.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nothing is a gurantee but I'm never a fan of random goalie changes. Almost always a kiss of death eventually.

Hopefully they pump him full of rubber.
id rather they pump rubber past him then into him lol. If the Sharks can get him moving laterally hes in trouble it opens up his 5 hole and he plays with narrow shoulders so he's prone to get beat up high

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dougie's drafting is a very mixed bag. Lots of good, little great. I think one could say that pavs and pickles are his best picks. That said, lets not forget that cooch didnt fall from the sky. that was a direct result of dealing toskala and trading up to #9. One of the best picks in franchise history and at this moment the frontrunner for conn smythe. Also, lets not forget all the other guys listed earlier who have come in and contributed. One can add in other solid players like bonino, coyle, carle and others who went in trade. Dougie has had trouble drafting superstars (pavs the exception). he's also had virtually no top picks other than cooch which he got through trade. Hes a victim of his own success.

I would say overall, dougie has an A-. morris was pre DW (I believe) and kaspar busted at the end but he was pretty late 1st rounder and those often bust.

For me, the only part of dougies entire draft history that boils my blook is the 1st round of 2003 and 2005. Michalek was picked appropriately, but bernier was one of the worst picks in sharks history especially in light of the higher rater getzlaf and parise available. that was a grade A fuck up. The in 2005, they picked seto, who was ranked in the 20's ahead of the much higher ranked kopitar. The quacks won a cup on the back of the 2003 draft with getz and perry and philly came close with carter and richards. the sharks ended up with michalek and bernier, when they could have had either other pair. That was dougie's big screw up along with kopitar, but other than that, it's hard to argue too much.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
id rather they pump rubber past him then into him lol. If the Sharks can get him moving laterally hes in trouble it opens up his 5 hole and he plays with narrow shoulders so he's prone to get beat up high

I dont expect changing to allen to make a big difference. Whne your team scores zero goals in 2.5 games, it dont matter much who's in net. I just want the the sharks to keep the sound team structure, and continue to win battles, outwork STL, and take it to 'em! Im going to G4, so they better win!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think I've said this before but Bernier was ranked significantly higher than either Parise or Getzlaf during their draft year. At the draft Bernier was ranked 6th by CS and at points over the season was the leading candidate to be the #1 overall pick. Parise was never ranked higher than 17th by CS with the knock on him being his size and skating. Getzlaf jumped between 8 and 20th rank and earned the nickname Getzloaf. He also preformed very poorly at the predraft combine.

Wilson's biggest miss was on Kopitar. When it was announced that the Sharks had traded up I thought for sure it was for Kopitar. However, I blame Burke for that pick more than I do Wilson. I remember asking Burke at the State of the Sharks meeting after the Kings won their first cup how he justifies picking Seto over Kopitar. His response was to say he's positive Setoguchi would have the much better career of the two. I unfortunately haven't had a chance to follow up with him on this subject.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont expect changing to allen to make a big difference. Whne your team scores zero goals in 2.5 games, it dont matter much who's in net. I just want the the sharks to keep the sound team structure, and continue to win battles, outwork STL, and take it to 'em! Im going to G4, so they better win!

I completely agree! This will be the first game I'll get to watch on TV in a long time because of my work schedule. So they definitely need to win!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dougie's drafting is a very mixed bag. Lots of good, little great. I think one could say that pavs and pickles are his best picks. That said, lets not forget that cooch didnt fall from the sky. that was a direct result of dealing toskala and trading up to #9. One of the best picks in franchise history and at this moment the frontrunner for conn smythe. Also, lets not forget all the other guys listed earlier who have come in and contributed. One can add in other solid players like bonino, coyle, carle and others who went in trade. Dougie has had trouble drafting superstars (pavs the exception). he's also had virtually no top picks other than cooch which he got through trade. Hes a victim of his own success.

I would say overall, dougie has an A-. morris was pre DW (I believe) and kaspar busted at the end but he was pretty late 1st rounder and those often bust.

For me, the only part of dougies entire draft history that boils my blook is the 1st round of 2003 and 2005. Michalek was picked appropriately, but bernier was one of the worst picks in sharks history especially in light of the higher rater getzlaf and parise available. that was a grade A fuck up. The in 2005, they picked seto, who was ranked in the 20's ahead of the much higher ranked kopitar. The quacks won a cup on the back of the 2003 draft with getz and perry and philly came close with carter and richards. the sharks ended up with michalek and bernier, when they could have had either other pair. That was dougie's big screw up along with kopitar, but other than that, it's hard to argue too much.
lets be honest drafting is an major crap shoot

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never came to play tonight. Sad. Classic Sharks resurfaced.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just got back from game. Sharks let out a big fart on this one, but they won the 3rd period which bodes well for Game 5. This has the feel of a 7 game series.

Psychologically it's prolly better to lose this way than say in 3OT. And no it wasn't a choke like being up say 3-0 and giving up 4 goals. Just throw this one out and forget about it and win Game 5.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kiss of death for this one was everyone talking up the Sharks after Game 3, and then they go out and get beat badly today on home ice. Would have expected much more of a response from them after being down 2-0 going into the 2nd, instead of giving up a SHG to kill any chances of getting back into the game. The only positive is that they didn't blow a lead and/or lose in OT, which would have been more painful.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defense was a trainwreck in that first period. Lucky it wasn't 3-0 or 4-0 in that period.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hatred going to this game, especially since I chose this one over game 3. 2nd worst playoff game i can remember after the vancouver loss when they gave up like three 5 on 3's in a row.

Total stinkfest. I have no idea where the fuck that came from. Not skating. not trying. soft passes. Shame for jonesy as he was spectacular. That save seconds before goal two was one of the best ive ever seen. The thrid period was a different team (with the exception of more bad PK work and a total brain fart by ward on the penalty). But for basically the whole game, their heads were unscrewed and they motors were totally stalled. Strange night, and pretty frustrating.

However, its one game, and it wasnt as if stl was so great, but moreso the sharks beat the sharks. Easy fix, and I expect a good game 5. Im going to game six and I really wanna see a good handshake. Wouldnt be surprised if we do. I dont expect the sharks to play another like this one, and they have responded to adversity well all playoffs. Here is yet another test. Best of 3 in the WCF? preseason, Id be jumping for joy.

p.s.: Where the fuck was PM in that game. 0 points. O shots on goal. 0 missed shots. Nearly 5 mins of PP time. He looked horrific! Not to single him out as the whole team was pretty terrible, but at least jumbo and pavs were in the game, struggling as they were, and did connect for that goal that made it mildly interesting for a few minutes. patty is a total passenger and his disappearing act needs to change. One assist in 4 games, and zero EV points. Only TWO total shots on goal in 4 games? he needs to be better and create a whole lot more and win some fucking battles for a change.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line 2 needs to get going this round. Marleau, Couture, Donskoi have not done much on the scoreboard this series.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now have more confidence in the Sharks than Warriors at this point in the season. Never thought I would say that.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I now have more confidence in the Sharks than Warriors at this point in the season. Never thought I would say that.

Well, the Dubs are champs and they were down 1-2 twice last year and came back both times and won in 6. Dubs will make it back in this series. They will find a way to adjust and win Game 4. I would still have more confidence in this team than SJ because the Dubs have already been there and done it.

Sharks have never won a title but they're definitely not "choking" like they would have in years past. Well, at least not yet lol. The Game 5 winner will most likely win this series.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Couture was too quick on that open shot. Should have faked then gone top shelf.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many second chances for the Blues in that 1st period.

Nice goal on the second line pp. Vlasic has a 2 point night.