• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Sharks Vs Blues

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice period.

Blues actually controlled the period for more time, but when the Sharks got opportunities they were prime chances which resulted in a goal and a late PP for the start of the 2nd.

Hopefully we can use this to get another and then really tilt the ice.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks are looking pretty good. Burns, Couture, & Pavelski is a very scary trio. I think the Sharks are clearly the better team in this series, Blues are just hanging on for dear life at this point. Only a matter of time before the Sharks pull away.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks are looking pretty good. Burns, Couture, & Pavelski is a very scary trio. I think the Sharks are clearly the better team in this series, Blues are just hanging on for dear life at this point. Only a matter of time before the Sharks pull away.

You tryna jinx us Doobs??? Lol

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My scenario involves you both being in a zoo as my caged animals.

The polar bear cage will be conviently left open one night.
Then someone will have to mysteriously leave the gate to the seal exhibit open as well :whistle:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm guessing we are seeing Jake Allen start next game, Sharks found Elliot's weak spots

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very impressive performances by the Sharks these past 2 games.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2 shut outs in 3 games thats outstanding. This team is an completely different animal then in years past, this is the year

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Key was taking the pressure off the two old cancers by removing their leadership and just letting them be role players. Imagine if Pavs and Couture were here 10 years earlier at the same age, how many Cups the Sharks would have won.

Also, almost all teams have to overcome a large adversity during their playoff run to get to a title - happens in almost all sports. Take a look at LA 2 years ago coming back from 0-3 to win against SJ then going on to win it all. That was their adversity they overcame. For the Sharks this year, it was winning a tough 7 game series despite losing 2 heartbreaking OT games. When you do something like that it makes everything else seem easy.

Last edited:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Key was taking the pressure off the two old cancers by removing their leadership and just letting them be role players. Imagine if Pavs and Couture were here 10 years earlier at the same age, how many Cups the Sharks would have won.

Also, almost all teams have to overcome a large adversity during their playoff run to get to a title - happens in almost all sports. Take a look at LA 2 years ago coming back from 0-3 to win against SJ then going on to win it all. That was their adversity they overcame. For the Sharks this year, it was winning a tough 7 game series despite losing 2 heartbreaking OT games. When you do something like that it makes everything else seem easy.
once again Marleau and Thornton have never had the supporting cast Pavelski and Couture currently have, they'd still be in the same boat

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost me at referring to them as "cancers" lol.

Might be dumber than me saying Kyle Brodziak>Wayne Gretzky.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Incredible team play. Unlike I have ever seen. The sharks are playing New Jersey Devlis hockey, much like Deboer's first run years back. Great goaltending, team defense (the forwards have been spectacular here), and opportunistic scoring in transition and solid special teams. its Devils hockey and its fun to watch!

Jumbo and patty are playing exactly as they always have. Good but not the best. When those two are your best players, you are in trouble. That's always been the knock on 'em. Great regular season players, but cant lead a team to the cup. That knock is 100% true, and this is the first year that they arent relied on to lead. Pavs, cooch, Burns, Jones, and the rest of the cast is doing that job for them and allowing them to disappear for a few games without bowing out. And when pavs, cooch, or burns is quiet and jubmo and patty don't pick up the slack, then one of the secondary scorers makes a play, be it hertl, donkey, wardo, or even a 2 goal game from tierney or even 2 goals each thus far from karlsson and wingels. 15 games, 13 different goal scorers. That's amazing stuff.

However, the MVP to me so far has been jones. He has given up ONE truly bad goal (lehtera) in the playoffs and has made countless top end saves. He's cool. He's calm. He is consistent and the guys trust him 100%, which allows them to keep guys to the outside and play the containment defense that stifles the opponents. Perhaps most impressive is Jones' rebound control. It seems like every shot is either steered into the corner or eaten for breakfast. Such a stark contrast to nemo and others who spray pucks in the slot so regularly. That rebound control makes other teams hesitant to fire from bad angles or from distance because they know doing so will end the pressure.

I was skeptical of the deal in offseason for jones as I freely will that crow. I was worried that another bad year means that dougie traded a lottery pick for a back up goalie. Woops!

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredible team play. Unlike I have ever seen. The sharks are playing New Jersey Devlis hockey, much like Deboer's first run years back. Great goaltending, team defense (the forwards have been spectacular here), and opportunistic scoring in transition and solid special teams. its Devils hockey and its fun to watch!

Jumbo and patty are playing exactly as they always have. Good but not the best. When those two are your best players, you are in trouble. That's always been the knock on 'em. Great regular season players, but cant lead a team to the cup. That knock is 100% true, and this is the first year that they arent relied on to lead. Pavs, cooch, Burns, Jones, and the rest of the cast is doing that job for them and allowing them to disappear for a few games without bowing out. And when pavs, cooch, or burns is quiet and jubmo and patty don't pick up the slack, then one of the secondary scorers makes a play, be it hertl, donkey, wardo, or even a 2 goal game from tierney or even 2 goals each thus far from karlsson and wingels. 15 games, 13 different goal scorers. That's amazing stuff.

However, the MVP to me so far has been jones. He has given up ONE truly bad goal (lehtera) in the playoffs and has made countless top end saves. He's cool. He's calm. He is consistent and the guys trust him 100%, which allows them to keep guys to the outside and play the containment defense that stifles the opponents. Perhaps most impressive is Jones' rebound control. It seems like every shot is either steered into the corner or eaten for breakfast. Such a stark contrast to nemo and others who spray pucks in the slot so regularly. That rebound control makes other teams hesitant to fire from bad angles or from distance because they know doing so will end the pressure.

I was skeptical of the deal in offseason for jones as I freely will that crow. I was worried that another bad year means that dougie traded a lottery pick for a back up goalie. Woops!

Agree with you on all counts. This team currently has a mix of talent, hunger, and chemistry that I have not seen before in Sharks history. It was always max on talent and hunger, but the chemistry was not there. Or, the chemistry was there but they got beat by a hungrier team. For one, it is gelling- for now at least.

Jones has been stellar. I think if there was one word to describe how he plays, its "Poise".

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thornton has been the best forward for the Sharks this series. He's controlled the play and been flat out dominant at both ends of the ice against whatever forward and D pairing Hitch throws out against him yet still being called a PO underachiever by Sharks fans. All I can do is LOL.