• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shame on you Georgia/HC Richt

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the spirit of BamaTee.... I will play his polar opposite.

It should be against the rules to bang on our defense for the entire game with a giant fullback and 5 300+ pounders. Somebody is going to get hurt.

Players should fake injuries when they get banged on for 4 series in a row. Our defenders cant be 100% if they are getting the shit smacked out of em every play. It isn't fair!!!!!:bawling:

^This guy gets it.

I would be much more concerned about getting injured by some freak who weighs 300+ and runs a 4.7-4.8 40 chasing me around than having to run around until exhausted.

I tell you what. You want the game slowed down? I want to be able to tell you how big, fast, and strong your players can be. Conditioning is a physical aspect just as much as those other three things.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, a rule needs to be made to prevent this lilly livered BS.

Now, we've got FLOPPING in football! Pathetic. :lame:

I love how 10-12 years ago I heard people complaining about soccer because players flopped around, and now it is celebrated in both football and basketball. Pathetic is an understatement.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, that is embarrassing. Got to think through what I think about it. If there isn't a rule against it, and you need to slow down the O, why not? I get why the fast paced teams don't like it.

One of the problems I have is that the fans boo when someone is legitimately injured. It pissed me off when the Clemson fans were booing when some guys were obviously injured.'

It's this obvious thing that might make the rules committee look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, with all the rule changes that have been made to favor the offense, I have no problem with this, whatsoever. In fact, I would say that those who cry about this are just fans of teams that try to use the fast-pace offense.

Those who cry about it? So faking an injury is ok? How is faking in any sense ok?

Well, that is embarrassing. Got to think through what I think about it. If there isn't a rule against it, and you need to slow down the O, why not? I get why the fast paced teams don't like it.

One of the problems I have is that the fans boo when someone is legitimately injured. It pissed me off when the Clemson fans were booing when some guys were obviously injured.'

The problem is when they see on faking it is too hard to tell who is legitimately injured.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. And it drove me CRAZY! At Duck games after Cal did it to us a few others tried it. Then there were games where guise were obviously getting a real injury and the fans booed. I was ashamed of them and sad to be associated as a Duck fan on those occasions.

Lottsa newbs who didn't know better.

Well, lets just say that shit was put to a stop quick. People throughout the stadium who know the game quickly extinguished that bullshit in a hurry.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. And it drove me CRAZY! At Duck games after Cal did it to us a few others tried it. Then there were games where guise were obviously getting a real injury and the fans booed. I was ashamed of them and sad to be associated as a Duck fan on those occasions.

Lottsa newbs who didn't know better.

Well, lets just say that shit was put to a stop quick. People throughout the stadium who know the game quickly extinguished that bullshit in a hurry.

This is why we need some kind of rule put in place to stop this crap from happening. Either the injured player has to sit for that series or 4 downs or something. Not sure what but something needs to be done to prevent this kind of crap.

Flopping in BB isn't acceptable and in football it really isn't acceptable!

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sit for 3 or 4 plays or maybe even the series seems like a good solution

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok when they change ALL the rules to benefit the offenses but if they tried to make some changes in this area to equalize it for the defenses all you fans of fast paced offenses would cry and cry and cry! :bawling: And like Tony said earlier, since they haven't done a damn thing to allow defenses to substitute fairly then I don't give a crap if they do this all day long! Don't give me that if you hurry you can substitute shit either. What the fuck is it worth great recruiting and depth or coaching defensive schemes if you don't have time to use them? The NFL flat out said we aint doing shit to compensate Chip Kelley's offense. He will run his offense according to how we officiate and that is how it should be in college too. You watch the refs running like crazy to get the ball set. That's BS! It should take an amount of time where a defense can substitute but be timely. You same people acting like this is ridiculous would be whining louder than a bomb!

The same people have also said we have to do this because if not we couldn't compete. That in itself should tell you something! :bullshit:

Do we really need this exact same thread I did before the season started? :noidea:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why we need some kind of rule put in place to stop this crap from happening. Either the injured player has to sit for that series or 4 downs or something. Not sure what but something needs to be done to prevent this kind of crap.

Flopping in BB isn't acceptable and in football it really isn't acceptable!

What's wrong with a rule where the refs set the ball in a timely manner and defense substitutes swiftly? I'm talking more from a scheme package than in shape or out of shape. Oh that doesn't fit your offenses huh?

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with a rule where the refs set the ball in a timely manner and defense substitutes swiftly? I'm talking more from a scheme package than in shape or out of shape. Oh that doesn't fit your offenses huh?

Here is where what you are saying loses me. Say I run a 1 back 4 receiver set. You throw out a package to defend that, let's say 3-3-5. Well, the offense is running HUNH same offense, do you not have any confidence in the scheme that you just threw out there against the same personnel that you were confident your defense could stop the first time? If the offense subs, the referees by rule stand over the ball until the defense has a chance to send its own substitutions out there. It's not like the offense subs all it wants and the defense has no chance to react to those substitutions.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is where what you are saying loses me. Say I run a 1 back 4 receiver set. You throw out a package to defend that, let's say 3-3-5. Well, the offense is running HUNH same offense, do you not have any confidence in the scheme that you just threw out there against the same personnel that you were confident your defense could stop the first time? If the offense subs, the referees by rule stand over the ball until the defense has a chance to send its own substitutions out there. It's not like the offense subs all it wants and the defense has no chance to react to those substitutions.

We're not talking about personnel to personnel. We're talking about situations; 3rd and 7, 3rd and 1, 3rd and 15, 1st down, 2nd and 4, amount of time, etc.. The defenses aren't waiting for the offenses to substitute. They want their own package for those situations. Offense might not substitute at all and than after the play there is another situation and the same personnel might not fit. Some teams have coaches that know how to coach defenses still!!! Last 4 years Alabama given up 61 total TD's. The next is LSU with 93. Think it might matter?