• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shame on you Georgia/HC Richt

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with any injury (real or fake), the player should be out at least x # of plays that side has the ball. Like if a DE goes down, and lets say it's 5 plays, and the offense scores the next play, he has to sit out 4 plays the next time that team is on defense.

I'm ok with them sitting out something like 5 plays or the rest of te series, whichever comes first. If they score on the play after the player is removed then they've kind of already been burned for faking the injury.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok when they change ALL the rules to benefit the offenses but if they tried to make some changes in this area to equalize it for the defenses all you fans of fast paced offenses would cry and cry and cry! :bawling: And like Tony said earlier, since they haven't done a damn thing to allow defenses to substitute fairly then I don't give a crap if they do this all day long! Don't give me that if you hurry you can substitute shit either. What the fuck is it worth great recruiting and depth or coaching defensive schemes if you don't have time to use them? The NFL flat out said we aint doing shit to compensate Chip Kelley's offense. He will run his offense according to how we officiate and that is how it should be in college too. You watch the refs running like crazy to get the ball set. That's BS! It should take an amount of time where a defense can substitute but be timely. You same people acting like this is ridiculous would be whining louder than a bomb!

The same people have also said we have to do this because if not we couldn't compete. That in itself should tell you something! :bullshit:

Do we really need this exact same thread I did before the season started? :noidea:

What rule had they made to help the hurry up offense? Since the beginning of time the offense has been in control of the ball and once it is set they control when to snap the ball. Perhaps in the great recruiting those teams should recruit teams that can play more than 2 snaps in a row. In the NFL they do hurry up and set the ball, they do not wait for the D to substitute.

What's wrong with a rule where the refs set the ball in a timely manner and defense substitutes swiftly? I'm talking more from a scheme package than in shape or out of shape. Oh that doesn't fit your offenses huh?

The refs do set the ball in a timely manner and the D can substitute swiftly but the offense is in charge of when that ball is snapped as it has always been. Get that D fast if they want to sub. I cant believe anybody is arguing for flopping, is this soccer?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What rule had they made to help the hurry up offense? Since the beginning of time the offense has been in control of the ball and once it is set they control when to snap the ball. Perhaps in the great recruiting those teams should recruit teams that can play more than 2 snaps in a row. In the NFL they do hurry up and set the ball, they do not wait for the D to substitute.

The refs do set the ball in a timely manner and the D can substitute swiftly but the offense is in charge of when that ball is snapped as it has always been. Get that D fast if they want to sub. I cant believe anybody is arguing for flopping, is this soccer?

The NFL stated this year they would set the ball when they wanted and would not cater to the pace of the offense.

Whatever that will end up meaning.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cannot wrap my mind around how anyone could possibly think faking an injury is not being a flat out pussy

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the dumbest, most hypocritical thing you've posted yet.

The hurry up offenses assure "man up" football!! It's the offense setting it up so that it's "my 11 vs. your 11"!! None of this "specialization" and/or "our players are tired" crap!!

Schools like USC and 'Bama have advantages because of the players we recruit simply off of being USC and 'Bama.

So these other schools come up with a way to be competitive despite their disadvantages in recruiting and you want to cry and say it's not fair and use it to condone players faking injury!! How about if our coaches come up with a defensive scheme that slows or stops the hurry up offenses?

Faking injuries isn't "man up" football, it's being a pussy.

You're right, faking injuries is not "man up" football but running fast paced hurry up offense to avoid the other teams best is being a pussy! My 11 vs your 11? Why the hell don't we just limit teams to about 25 players to cover "your 11 vs my 11" We'll keep a few more just in case injuries (faked or real)! :laugh3:

You say this shit about disadvantages in recruiting. What disadvantages? They don't have the same right to go out and get the same players? Don't give me some traditional powerhouse shit either. They either can or can't! That's less man up than any of the shit you're talking!

It makes me laugh how you use words like dumbest and most hypotcritical and they have no meaning it what I said! Absolutely none!

This issue comes down to two things and two things only. You think offenses should control the game to any degree they want and the NHHU is fine and I think defenses should be allowed to substitute and bring the coaching back into the game along with ALL the players. A team sure as hell has more than 11 players on it. Maybe we can turn the high school elite 11 in Oregon into our National Championship game. It can be like a camp with the best 11 playing the other best 11 for the BCS NC! :noidea: Would you like that?

And for the record all these posts about in shape and out of shape has nothing to do with why I think it's wrong and not as good for the game! And those same people that say a defense can substitute quickly must not know what a participation penalty is because it would happen everytime! Lets turn it into Candian football. It looks more like it this way. If it walks like a duck quacks like a duck an Oregon fan must not be far behind! :laugh3:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quote by Ellupo

You're right and I didn't say they should wait for the defense to substitute. Defenses have to hurry but I said there is enough time in the NFL. They don't wait for either. They set the ball the same way everytime and they sure aren't running to appease the other team! And won't!

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right and I didn't say they should wait for the defense to substitute. Defenses have to hurry but I said there is enough time in the NFL. They don't wait for either. They set the ball the same way everytime and they sure aren't running to appease the other team! And won't!
They also do not go slower to allow the D to sub. They do what they are going to do. I still do not see what is wrong with the ref having the ball ready when the ones that are in charge of snapping the ball are ready.

The argument about the team is more than 11 players goes both ways. The O is staying with the same players not switching so if the coaching choice was to have a certain 11 on D with that same O set, why would it change other than to get fresher players on the field?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, faking injuries is not "man up" football but running fast paced hurry up offense to avoid the other teams best is being a pussy! My 11 vs your 11? Why the hell don't we just limit teams to about 25 players to cover "your 11 vs my 11" We'll keep a few more just in case injuries (faked or real)! :laugh3:

Awfully dramatic. You must be a teenage girl!! If I put my best 11 defenders on the field and the offense has their best 11 isn't avoiding the defenses best 11. Just because you think that not being able to specialize isn't real football doesn't make it so. Whatever happened to players who are versatile and can play the run AND the pass instead of having to be subbed for every time a situation comes up that wasn't their "specialty"!!

You say this shit about disadvantages in recruiting. What disadvantages? They don't have the same right to go out and get the same players? Don't give me some traditional powerhouse shit either. They either can or can't! That's less man up than any of the shit you're talking!

Wow, just when I think you've embarrassed yourself as much as possible, you post something like this. You know as well as I do that schools like 'Bama and USC get kids that schools like Oregon, Vandy, Ole Miss, Washington St. can't even get in their living rooms. 'Bama, USC and the like get those kids almost every time and the others schools don't even get a look.

It makes me laugh how you use words like dumbest and most hypotcritical and they have no meaning it what I said! Absolutely none!

Just because you don't understand the hypocrisy of your statement, doesn't mean it isn't hypocritical!!

This issue comes down to two things and two things only. You think offenses should control the game to any degree they want and the NHHU is fine and I think defenses should be allowed to substitute and bring the coaching back into the game along with ALL the players. A team sure as hell has more than 11 players on it. Maybe we can turn the high school elite 11 in Oregon into our National Championship game. It can be like a camp with the best 11 playing the other best 11 for the BCS NC! :noidea: Would you like that?

The offense has always controlled the tempo of the game, it's how the game has been played. And the defense is allowed to substitute. By rule, they can substitute whenever the offense does. They also can substitute quickly if they want while the offense is getting set. In USC's game vs. Hawai'i, they ran some no huddle and I saw us still managing to substitute 3 or 4 players at a time. It just had to be organized and quick. Granted, Hawai'i didn't use it as much or run the plays quite as quickly as Oregon, but it shows it can be done if you have a plan.

And for the record all these posts about in shape and out of shape has nothing to do with why I think it's wrong and not as good for the game! And those same people that say a defense can substitute quickly must not know what a participation penalty is because it would happen everytime! Lets turn it into Candian football. It looks more like it this way. If it walks like a duck quacks like a duck an Oregon fan must not be far behind! :laugh3:

And here is how we know that you have lost and realize you're argument holds no water. Accuse someone of being a fan of a different team because they expect their team to make adjustments to beat that team rather than cry about how unfair it is to make my teams players get tired.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here is how we know that you have lost and realize you're argument holds no water. Accuse someone of being a fan of a different team because they expect their team to make adjustments to beat that team rather than cry about how unfair it is to make my teams players get tired.

:what: to your entire post not just the above.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not talking about personnel to personnel. We're talking about situations; 3rd and 7, 3rd and 1, 3rd and 15, 1st down, 2nd and 4, amount of time, etc.. The defenses aren't waiting for the offenses to substitute. They want their own package for those situations. Offense might not substitute at all and than after the play there is another situation and the same personnel might not fit. Some teams have coaches that know how to coach defenses still!!! Last 4 years Alabama given up 61 total TD's. The next is LSU with 93. Think it might matter?

Actually if they really knew how to coach defense they wouldn't need to have more backers or whatever for any play, the situational defense is why hurry up was invented, to stop the crap of defenses changing for every damn play depending on the result of the previous play. That crap was started by the NFL in the 70s and infiltrated CFB later. It is what turned me away from the NFL. Just put 11 men out there and play. If you need a different set of players for every down depending on what the situation is you don't have a defense but a scheme that takes advantage of the offense, so why shouldn't an OC be able to counter act that?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually if they really knew how to coach defense they wouldn't need to have more backers or whatever for any play, the situational defense is why hurry up was invented, to stop the crap of defenses changing for every damn play depending on the result of the previous play. That crap was started by the NFL in the 70s and infiltrated CFB later. It is what turned me away from the NFL. Just put 11 men out there and play. If you need a different set of players for every down depending on what the situation is you don't have a defense but a scheme that takes advantage of the offense, so why shouldn't an OC be able to counter act that?

Saban doesn't know how to coach defense?

Please continue.

tumblr_m79qn57ePL1qf5do9o1_400.gif

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:what: to your entire post not just the above.

This is how we know he's beaten. He literally has nothing to respond to your well thought out post with so this is what he comes back with. Well done Trojan.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please continue.

Not against fast paced, no huddle offenses. He's been whining about them instead of adjusting for some time now.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please continue.

Evidently he can't if he can't get the players switched out for 2nd and 3 as opposed to the 2nd and 7. If you need different players for those two different situations you haven't coached your players correctly. You have a scheme for different downs and yardage not a scheme for an offense in general.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not against fast paced, no huddle offenses. He's been whining about them instead of adjusting for some time now.

:bullshit:

We have beat it the majority of times we have faced it.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I have been saying. Watch how SoCal subs againgst the hurry up. Player tackled. They are sprinting on and off the field.

They have got it figured out... And that was Monte Kiffin's D

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently he can't if he can't get the players switched out for 2nd and 3 as opposed to the 2nd and 7. If you need different players for those two different situations you haven't coached your players correctly. You have a scheme for different downs and yardage not a scheme for an offense in general.

Maybe your coach needs to learn how to quit coaching players properly.

:laugh3: