• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shady McCoy a Bill

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally get its hypothetical. Its because you thought all along it was a bad idea to franchise Suh, but now had we franchised him, you are saying you wouldn't trade him straight up for McCoy(getting Suh's $27 mil of the books) UNLESS they included the 2 first rounders AND more. They wouldn't have to give up more than that seeing as to how the tag only requires 2 first rounders. They couldve kept McCoy had they wanted. Which makes your hypothetical not even logical.
Part of the problem there is the $$- I don't think Suh's cap hit all comes off the books once he's traded. Dr. Evil-er would be the one to ask there.

Also, I think McCoy has way too high of a cap hit for a RB, so that lowers his trade value.

Hypothetically, if we were able to franchise him and then trade him while getting all of his current franchise tag amount off the books I'd take Mcoy, a 1st rounder, and a 3rd rounder...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cracks me up that Peterson is years older, has 125% the career carries and a larger salary, but he'd be a good addition and McCoy wouldn't.

Didn't even try to follow the logic, just chuckled.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem there is the $$- I don't think Suh's cap hit all comes off the books once he's traded. Dr. Evil-er would be the one to ask there.

Also, I think McCoy has way too high of a cap hit for a RB, so that lowers his trade value.

Hypothetically, if we were able to franchise him and then trade him while getting all of his current franchise tag amount off the books I'd take Mcoy, a 1st rounder, and a 3rd rounder...

Ok. If we're under the assumption that, once franchised, a player would still have some sort of cap hit if traded, I can sortve understand your logic. Somewhat. I still think you're on crack, buddy.

But was under the impression that if a franchised player worked out a deal with another team, and the other team was compensated, that they'd have no cap hit for that player. In which I couldn't understand this logic:

Lions fan says: Don't Franchise Suh. It'd be stupid to pay him for 1 year $27 million.

Lions tag Suh for $27 million.

Lions fan says: FUCK!!!

Eagles offer McCoy, 2 first rounders for Suh

Lions fan says: No thanks. I'd rather pay Suh $27 mil for 1 year.

I brought up Miami because it looks like he's going there. And if you were against franchising him, you were ok with him leaving to Miami as opposed to tagging him. That's why my theorhetical was somewhat realistic. Didn't mean to sound like I was on crack. hahahahahah

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cracks me up that Peterson is years older, has 125% the career carries and a larger salary, but he'd be a good addition and McCoy wouldn't.

Didn't even try to follow the logic, just chuckled.

Peterson is arguably the best runner in the history of the game. He was better in college than Shady is at his peak. McCoy is a good back, Peterson is an all-timer.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In which I couldn't understand this logic:

Lions fan says: Don't Franchise Suh. It'd be stupid to pay him for 1 year $27 million.

Lions tag Suh for $27 million.

Lions fan says: FUCK!!!

Eagles offer McCoy, 2 first rounders for Suh

Lions fan says: No thanks. I'd rather pay Suh $27 mil for 1 year.
It's bc he doesn't value McCoy much. He thinks he's got too much wear and tear on him. I don't agree, but that's what he's getting at imo. And if you don't value a guy very much, then trading FOR him doesn't make much sense.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I value him, just not as highly as you guys. I think he's one of the better handful of RBs in the league, but not special like Peterson or Lynch or Charles.

He's definitely a guy I'd want on my team, but only at the right price, and his current price is too high for me.