• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shady McCoy a Bill

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're on crack. McCoy may only be 26, but he's got s lot of mile on the odometer. Not worth 2 2nd round picks, imo...

When speaking of WRs I agree when you say golden number is not 30... IMO RB is not either anymore though. He has his miles from being a pass threat out of backfield. Shady does not average 300 rushes a year for a career. With the Lions and NFL being more pass happy, I see RB longevity time frame going up. Rare for teams to have one 3 down bell cow anymore. Shady does have a lot of touches but is also the style of runner who goes out of bounds instead of taking extra contact. Not sure he is worth 2 second rounders, but he has a lot left to offer. Do we really know what Van Noy is going to do? This is not a Reggie Bush you would be getting either.

As I said yesterday IMO the scheme played the most part of his decline. Not the miles on the odometer.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Tpaulus, please reference your past posts, which contradict your reason for claiming I'm on crack.

Lmao. 26 is too old for a RB, and not worth draft picks, but you wanna bring in every over-the-hill guy who gets cut and sacrifice the playing time of our own draft picks.

What's crackin now you crackheaded cracker???

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys take your shiny toys with a few years left in the league, I'll hold onto the picks and LBs who have way longer careers ahead of them.

McCoy is an over-rated player at a devalued position who makes way too much money to boot. He was really good in 2013, and had another solid year last year, but he'd have to meet or exceed that 2013 season (his career best) every year to merit the $ he's making.

I just can't see giving up such high picks for a player who might have 2 or 3 more good years left before the wheels fall off.

In Buffalo's case you can make the argument that Alonso only had one big year, but it was a HUGE year. I can't see giving up a young LB with that much promise for a veteran RB, but that's just me. I certainly wouldn't give up one of our best defensive players- Quin, Levy, Slay- for McCoy...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Tpaulus, please reference your past posts, which contradict your reason for claiming I'm on crack.

Lmao. 26 is too old for a RB, and not worth draft picks, but you wanna bring in every over-the-hill guy who gets cut and sacrifice the playing time of our own draft picks.

What's crackin now you crackheaded cracker???
Based on that response I'm guessing you didn't actually read my post that you quoted...

I didn't say anything about him being too old. I did, however, mention his high mileage. Nothing contradictory there at all, sorry... Boom! lol

Last edited:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not talking about a 26 year old RB with low wear-and-tear here. McCoy has had 1,100 carries over the last 4 seasons, and over 300 carries in each of the last two. Buyer beware.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. there's still some major issues with the Lions O-Line in any form of blocking, pass or run, so not sure why anyone would want an expensive RB like McCoy, that we can't afford this year for sure, in the 1st place (this is in reference to any posts "would have liked shady in D".

2. big difference in my above post with O-Line issues and drafting a RB this year, possibly 1st round but probably not going to happen, is that draft pick is going to come a lot cheaper. I like McCoy a lot and what he "might possibly provide", it's the question mark of possibly provide production-wise and cost on the books (yeah, Lewand could re-structure him too) that I'd pass on him.

3. I cannot, for the life of me, get past as to why so many posters want to be down on VanNoy, when he hasn't had much of an opportunity to show what he can do. Core surgery was no joke for him or anyone else to come back from in 8-10 weeks + the fact he missed too much development time in practice/game to make up for having any impact.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. there's still some major issues with the Lions O-Line in any form of blocking, pass or run, so not sure why anyone would want an expensive RB like McCoy, that we can't afford this year for sure, in the 1st place (this is in reference to any posts "would have liked shady in D".

2. big difference in my above post with O-Line issues and drafting a RB this year, possibly 1st round but probably not going to happen, is that draft pick is going to come a lot cheaper. I like McCoy a lot and what he "might possibly provide", it's the question mark of possibly provide production-wise and cost on the books (yeah, Lewand could re-structure him too) that I'd pass on him.

3. I cannot, for the life of me, get past as to why so many posters want to be down on VanNoy, when he hasn't had much of an opportunity to show what he can do. Core surgery was no joke for him or anyone else to come back from in 8-10 weeks + the fact he missed too much development time in practice/game to make up for having any impact.
Because people expect rookies to come in and light the world on fire nowadays. Guys aren't allowed to develop any more- if a rookie isn't a pro bowl caliber player right out of the gates then he's a bust...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue,

Im not down on Van Noy. But I have no idea what kind of player he is at the NFL level. I know the defense was fine without him. Like the Bills was without Kiko. (In ImaginaryVille, Id offer Levy straight up first for sure.)

And I know McCoys don't grow on trees. There isn't another RB on the planet Id rather have next year than LeSean. Id think anyone who feels differently is either in the minority, or lying. (I could see Lynch, that's it. And I wouldn't want his nonsense.).

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy is an over-rated player at a devalued position who makes way too much money to boot. He was really good in 2013, and had another solid year last year, but he'd have to meet or exceed that 2013 season (his career best) every year to merit the $ he's making.

In Buffalo's case you can make the argument that Alonso only had one big year, but it was a HUGE year. I can't see giving up a young LB with that much promise for a veteran RB, but that's just me. I certainly wouldn't give up one of our best defensive players- Quin, Levy, Slay- for McCoy...
To the bolded part....hardly. He's a top 5 back imo. That's all I wanted to say about that.

As for the part on Alonso, he also tore his ACL and sat out all last year. Not saying he can;t come back from that, but there's always an injury concern with him too.

I think the trade made sense for both parties imo. Kelly is making Philly HIS team, and he feels with his scheme any RB will do. I also think there was some tension between McCoy and Kelly last year that played a part in this.

Not sure I'd give up Levy, Slay, or Quin for McCoy, but I'd give up our 2nd this year for him, that's for sure. Might even give up our first, IF Suh comes back. We could then focus on our O-line and D-line depth. But all that is neither here nor there.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue,

Im not down on Van Noy. But I have no idea what kind of player he is at the NFL level. I know the defense was fine without him. Like the Bills was without Kiko. (In ImaginaryVille, Id offer Levy straight up first for sure.)

And I know McCoys don't grow on trees. There isn't another RB on the planet Id rather have next year than LeSean. Id think anyone who feels differently is either in the minority, or lying. (I could see Lynch, that's it. And I wouldn't want his nonsense.).

well smitty, I'm not lying as I wouldn't take McCoy, so I'm obviously in the minority.

I'd take Gurley, Coleman or David Johnson all day long for the simple fact they're cheaper and I'd still question the Lions O-Line's ability to provide open running lanes in conjunction with the amount of $$$ it'd cost to get Shady... repetitive, I know, but that's where I'd be at. as far as I'm concerned any RB could be a liability in this blocking scheme.... cheaper/younger version of RB I could get on board with yet still quite a bit of hesitation

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im having this discussion in ImaginaryVille, there is no cap to worry aboot in ImaginaryVille. (But players that have been traded can still be traded for from the team that just traded them. Magical place this ImaginaryVille.)

Not over money, don't let money sway the decision. All I said was LeSean McCoy, next year, more than any other back. (I wouldn't sign Murray to much if I were Dallas. And I won't take him in Fantasy.)

Id think those rookies are a bit down the list if you can just plug n play.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay,my continual dumbassedness took over..... No cap.. yes I'd take him in imaginaryville, crueladevillelike

better fix that fuckin shit-hole of a line tho :D...AND STAFFY better learn to have some damn touch on hgis throws THIS YR.. and not warford or reiff I'm talkin bout.... I do love me some lucas but he's unproven to date

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay,my continual dumbassedness took over..... No cap.. yes I'd take him in imaginaryville, crueladevillelike

better fix that fuckin shit-hole of a line tho :D...AND STAFFY better learn to have some damn touch on hgis throws THIS YR.. and not warford or reiff I'm talkin bout.... I do love me some lucas but he's unproven to date
In the real world there is no FA RB id target. And none of importance that Id see as a viable option to trade for.

Assuming Swanson wins a spot Two picks should do for the Oline. One if we see Suhs money spent on an Olineman.

Staff should be fine, its usually years seven when QBs fully begin to develop. :rolleyes2:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the real world there is no FA RB id target. And none of importance that Id see as a viable option to trade for.

Assuming Swanson wins a spot Two picks should do for the Oline. One if we see Suhs money spent on an Olineman.

Staff should be fine, its usually years seven when QBs fully begin to develop. :rolleyes2:

yeah that's what I hear(in the bold above)... a lot... but when a rookie LB/DE, VanNoy, doesn't play much or provide an impact to the team in his rookie year, he gets treated like the red-headed step-child.... but a 6-yr QB who still can't find consistency in throwing ball with some touch on it, gets a pass :scratch:

I saw the sarcasm :rolleyes2:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that's what I hear(in the bold above)... a lot... but when a rookie LB/DE, VanNoy, doesn't play much or provide an impact to the team in his rookie year, he gets treated like the red-headed step-child.... but a 6-yr QB who still can't find consistency in throwing ball with some touch on it, gets a pass :scratch:

I saw the sarcasm :rolleyes2:
Hes an unknown for me.Could be a gret piece, could be a guy tht got hurt and never amounts to anything. Id like him to pan out, but weve been down this road plenty of times with players. Im not holding my breath.

I d just like Staff to not make unnecissary risks, like this year. i gave up on him bring accurate with touch years ago. Always was a bigger concern than The Pain Train thinking he was a China Doll.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes an unknown for me.Could be a gret piece, could be a guy tht got hurt and never amounts to anything. Id like him to pan out, but weve been down this road plenty of times with players. Im not holding my breath.

I d just like Staff to not make unnecissary risks, like this year. i gave up on him bring accurate with touch years ago. Always was a bigger concern than The Pain Train thinking he was a China Doll.

yes, yes,yes and yes to those 4 topics/sentences

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like imaginaryville. Everyone knows me there.

me too but it's in line with big girls envisioning them being 40+lbs. less. but I'm happy for both parties. 1 of those is myself. I don't hate bc 1, selfishly, is satisfied 4sure.