• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SF's Unlikely Threat: Delanie Walker

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made the one catch where it counts though!

Very true! Saying he didn't make that one catch is nit-picking, but I was just pointing out he should have 1 more TD in those statistics.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he made that earlier TD reception, the 49ers probably would have kicked the FG on that 4th and goal play.. assuming the Lions didn't score any more points than they had.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stupid Article !!!!!!

Now every DC that play the Niners will keep an eye on Walker.. Stupid article blew the Niners secret weapon lol

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's playing well considering all things, but I'm much more impressed with his chop blocking. He's a big part of the reason that Gore broke off those 2 long runs against Detroit.

calison3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Haha.. He's doing well so the pass was mishandled instead of dropped.

calison3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ummmmm.....I know what the implied meaning was, but if it was Crabtree I guarantee the post wouldn't have said mishandled. I like Walker a lot. I just thought that was kind of funny. Not hating on him or anything.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid Article !!!!!!

Now every DC that play the Niners will keep an eye on Walker.. Stupid article blew the Niners secret weapon lol

I was thinking along those same lines upon reading this article. :charlie:

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not nitpicky in my opinion. He drops way too many passes

I don't know if I'd say way too many, but he does have his share of drops or "mishandles". I wonder if anyone has access to a stat showing how many drops each specific 49er player has had this year? Gore is usually pretty sure-handed, but he's had a few this year too for instance.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football Outsiders has a "Catch Rate", but "Catch Rate represents the percentage of passes to this receiver completed. This is a reference to incomplete passes, not dropped passes: dropped passes are not specified in publicly available play-by-play, and unfortunately we cannot yet correct for this."

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2011 TIGHT ENDS

Anyway, VD's catch rate is much higher than Walker's catch rate. Sadly, Morgan is the WR with the best catch rate.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2011 WIDE RECEIVERS

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was thinking along those same lines upon reading this article. :charlie:

opposing coordinators don't need writers to point out these things?

to me the gist was all these 'secondary' guys make a big difference in being 5-1. all this versatility from "role" players is easy to overlook. don't think the writers intent was to say Walker is now a "big gun" in our offense?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
opposing coordinators don't need writers to point out these things?

to me the gist was all these 'secondary' guys make a big difference in being 5-1. all this versatility from "role" players is easy to overlook. don't think the writers intent was to say Walker is now a "big gun" in our offense?

Yeah- that was said in jest Deep. Pretty sure coordinators have plenty of film to see Walker's impact on the offense. Many of these guys watch film, sleep for 2 hours on their office couch, and then watch another 6 hours of film.

I'm interested in seeing how other teams are going to adjust to the 49er blocking scheme as the season progresses.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Individually he doesn't blow you away, but he's a good cat and mouse type player for an offensive coordinator to scheme with.