• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SF's Unlikely Threat: Delanie Walker

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah- that was said in jest Deep. Pretty sure coordinators have plenty of film to see Walker's impact on the offense. Many of these guys watch film, sleep for 2 hours on their office couch, and then watch another 6 hours of film.

I'm interested in seeing how other teams are going to adjust to the 49er blocking scheme as the season progresses.

whoops, my bad.

our O-line is getting more in sync now....especially run blocking. pretty soon a D coordinator can only do so much scheming?

the run game should now be opening up the passing game, not by "leaps and bounds" but it should step up. we should see this next game?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoops, my bad.

our O-line is getting more in sync now....especially run blocking. pretty soon a D coordinator can only do so much scheming?

the run game should now be opening up the passing game, not by "leaps and bounds" but it should step up. we should see this next game?

I hope that's the case as far as overwhelming the opposition. Kind of like the "bully" mentality that the Raiders have embraced this season. Singletary tried it, but it didn't work. So far, so good with Harbaugh.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope that's the case as far as overwhelming the opposition. Kind of like the "bully" mentality that the Raiders have embraced this season. Singletary tried it, but it didn't work. So far, so good with Harbaugh.

Delanie Walker's presence is the key to the recent success of the power running game that Harbaugh implements compared to the one Singletary's version.

If you recall, last year the power running game the Niners employed is so predicatable. The opposing defense can key in on the FB and follow where he goes or key in on the pulling Guard or the WR in motion that sets up at the end of the OL... Those were obvious give aways that it's going to be a running play.

With Walker in the line up, the opposing defense can not key on him because he can line up in multiple position and will motion to provide more confusions. He leaves the opposing defense guesing. Plus he can come out of the back field as a receiver and pose a match up problem...

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delanie Walker's presence is the key to the recent success of the power running game that Harbaugh implements compared to the one Singletary's version.

If you recall, last year the power running game the Niners employed is so predicatable. The opposing defense can key in on the FB and follow where he goes or key in on the pulling Guard or the WR in motion that sets up at the end of the OL... Those were obvious give aways that it's going to be a running play.

With Walker in the line up, the opposing defense can not key on him because he can line up in multiple position and will motion to provide more confusions. He leaves the opposing defense guesing. Plus he can come out of the back field as a receiver and pose a match up problem...

Agreed. Also, the offensive blocking scheme in general is doing a better job with angles. When the rushing game was poor early in the season, Harbaugh kept pointing to "little things" like the angles the blockers were taking. You can see the difference in execution now. The play action has been much better this year as well and has resulted in keeping the opposing defense more off-balance when compared to last year's offense.