• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Several assistant coaches arrested in corruption scheme

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I see Pearl isn't involved. In all these cases it was assistant coaches that went rogue and were trying to cut side deals to make money for "commissions".

If the head coaches weren't involved and this was going under the table (as it appears to be) then the head coaches are clean. The dirty assistants should be gone, there are going to players ruled ineligible and more than likely sanctions for the schools.

If the schools lawyer up and throw the assistants to the dogs they shouldn't get hurt too bad. There hasn't been anything published about the players actually taking money which I'm going to be interested to see if that happens because these were "fake" agencies setup by the govt in a sting. If the players were paid we will know because that will have to come out.

This is a very different deal than anything we have seen before.
You're delusional.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there are 7 Universities listed, and 6 of them have been named:
Louisville
Miami
Arizona
Auburn
USC
OK State

A lot of Cuse folks think it's either them or UConn.

Florida, I think I read. And, I would assume that's because of Michael Frazier

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jumpman schools are clean!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I see Pearl isn't involved. In all these cases it was assistant coaches that went rogue and were trying to cut side deals to make money for "commissions".

If the head coaches weren't involved and this was going under the table (as it appears to be) then the head coaches are clean. The dirty assistants should be gone, there are going to players ruled ineligible and more than likely sanctions for the schools.

If the schools lawyer up and throw the assistants to the dogs they shouldn't get hurt too bad. There hasn't been anything published about the players actually taking money which I'm going to be interested to see if that happens because these were "fake" agencies setup by the govt in a sting. If the players were paid we will know because that will have to come out.

Dude....

your coach is going to get fired for this. He HAS to have known. There is no way a head coach could not know about this stuff, end of story. If it was a random booster, sure. But an Assistant coach? nope.

It's very likely your program is about to get either completely shut down or punished into oblivion.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read about this, the more I'm shocked by the depths and the amount of money we're talking about. How did they keep this silent for so long?

One thing is for sure, most of these programs are about to get nuked. Louisville might get the full on death penalty.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That rule was changed. If an assistant does something illegal, the head coach is responsible according to the NCAA. (At least, that's what I heard on xm radio on my lunch break today)

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 biggest schools most likely fucked(in order of most to least)

1. Louisville
2. Arizona
3. Auburn

USC could be a big loser here too. Their program was trending up and have 3 consensus Top 80 guys committed for 2018.
Louisville and Wake were rivals? Lol.

Not anywhere close to being rivals.

Wakeyleaks. Wake had an announcer go rogue on them and gave a few schools a copy of Wake's playbook. Two of the schools were Louisville and Virginia Tech.

Here was Virginia Tech's response to it:

We did a thorough investigation and we have discovered that one of our former assistants did obtain a playbook that contained Wake Forest's plays. We were unaware about it at the time and we are very embarrassed about our involvement. We apologize to the players, coaches, alumni and fans of Wake Forest University.

Here was Louisville's response to it:

Seems like a Wake Forest issue to us. We would also like to point out that Wake Forest is being very inconsiderate of our football team right now, because we are trying to get prepared for a big game. Just an unbelievable lack of compassion on their part.

I hold no ill will towards Virginia Tech and wish them the best in football and men's basketball. Louisville, on the other hand? Fuck 'em!

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Louisville and Auburn are probably going to get shut down maybe this means Beilein can get a couple of 5 stars for once. :thumb: MSU may finally get Brian Bowen as well.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like a Wake Forest issue to us. We would also like to point out that Wake Forest is being very inconsiderate of our football team right now, because we are trying to get prepared for a big game. Just an unbelievable lack of compassion on their part.

That condescending tone from Louisville tho :heh:

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami gets worse recruits than UM, how the hell can they be caught cheating?

They landed a 5* recruit last year in Lonnie Walker. They landed two consensus Top 30 players in 2016. They are landing quality recruits.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC could be a big loser here too. Their program was trending up and have 3 consensus Top 80 guys committed for 2018.

Not anywhere close to being rivals.

Wakeyleaks. Wake had an announcer go rogue on them and gave a few schools a copy of Wake's playbook. Two of the schools were Louisville and Virginia Tech.

Here was Virginia Tech's response to it:

We did a thorough investigation and we have discovered that one of our former assistants did obtain a playbook that contained Wake Forest's plays. We were unaware about it at the time and we are very embarrassed about our involvement. We apologize to the players, coaches, alumni and fans of Wake Forest University.

I hold no ill will towards Virginia Tech and wish them the best in football and men's basketball. Louisville, on the other hand? Fuck 'em!

That's hilarious.

I'm sorry, but damn that's a great response.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think going to a 2/3 year system would help solve some of this. Also, all these entitled kids who think they are one and done, can forgo college altogether, and most of them will never be heard from again. I mean think about it, UL is allegedly paying to get Brian Bowen on campus and that dude wasn't even a top 15 high school player. A kid like that probably doesn't even get drafted. My guess is we'd probably see 15-20 guys forgo college, and probably half wouldn't get drafted in the 1st round.

It's called having a real D league.

Not this half ass thing they currently have now.

And also the draft probably expands to 3 rounds.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's hilarious.

I'm sorry, but damn that's a great response.

That wasn't the actual response. That was me re-wording their lame ass response to something that was more entertaining.

This was their actual response:

“We have looked further into the matter surrounding the Wake Forest information released on Tuesday.
Our offensive coordinator Lonnie Galloway and Tommy Elrod have known each other since 2007. Lonnie received a call from Elrod during the week of the Wake Forest game, and some information was shared with him that week.

Among the communication were a few plays that were sent and then shared with our defensive staff. None of the special plays were run during the course of the game. Our defense regularly prepares for similar formations every week in their normal game plan.

Any other information that may have been discussed was nothing that our staff had not already seen while studying Wake Forest in their preparations for the game and the material was not given any further attention. I’m disappointed that this issue has brought undue attention to our football staff as we prepare for our upcoming bowl game.”

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami U was pretty irrelevant until a few years ago. Definitely adds up.