• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Several assistant coaches arrested in corruption scheme

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't the actual response. That was me re-wording their lame ass response to something that was more entertaining.

This was their actual response:

“We have looked further into the matter surrounding the Wake Forest information released on Tuesday.
Our offensive coordinator Lonnie Galloway and Tommy Elrod have known each other since 2007. Lonnie received a call from Elrod during the week of the Wake Forest game, and some information was shared with him that week.

Among the communication were a few plays that were sent and then shared with our defensive staff. None of the special plays were run during the course of the game. Our defense regularly prepares for similar formations every week in their normal game plan.

Any other information that may have been discussed was nothing that our staff had not already seen while studying Wake Forest in their preparations for the game and the material was not given any further attention. I’m disappointed that this issue has brought undue attention to our football staff as we prepare for our upcoming bowl game.”

Ah.

I agree. Your wording was much better. You probably translated their hidden condescending anyways.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami U was pretty irrelevant until a few years ago. Definitely adds up.

Frank Haith was a pretty good recruiter, but he couldn't coach his players up. Haith leaves for Missouri, Miami hires a guy that took George Mason to the Final Four. Miami had a pretty talented squad when Larranga came over and won the ACC during his second season there. He's used that season as a springboard for his program.

I do think its odd that he's starting to land consensus Top 30 guys every year, though.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol, sometimes its so damn scummy that you have to begin to admire it

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Haith was a pretty good recruiter, but he couldn't coach his players up. Haith leaves for Missouri, Miami hires a guy that took George Mason to the Final Four. Miami had a pretty talented squad when Larranga came over and won the ACC during his second season there. He's used that season as a springboard for his program.

I do think its odd that he's starting to land consensus Top 30 guys every year, though.

The George Mason that beat UConn in the Elite 8 in 06? Thoughts @The Q

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't the actual response. That was me re-wording their lame ass response to something that was more entertaining.

This was their actual response:

Oh I know, but it just perfectly done.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The George Mason that beat UConn in the Elite 8 in 06? Thoughts @The Q

I want to light him on fire.

But damn I really hate that 06 team for embarrassing uconn like that.

that team should've moon walked to the title.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to light him on fire.

But damn I really hate that 06 team for embarrassing uconn like that.

that team should've moon walked to the title.

Duke spent most of that year at #1, but the talking heads on ESPN were always firm that they believed UConn was the best/most talented team that year.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC could be a big loser here too. Their program was trending up and have 3 consensus Top 80 guys committed for 2018.

Not anywhere close to being rivals.

Wakeyleaks. Wake had an announcer go rogue on them and gave a few schools a copy of Wake's playbook. Two of the schools were Louisville and Virginia Tech.

Here was Virginia Tech's response to it:

We did a thorough investigation and we have discovered that one of our former assistants did obtain a playbook that contained Wake Forest's plays. We were unaware about it at the time and we are very embarrassed about our involvement. We apologize to the players, coaches, alumni and fans of Wake Forest University.

Here was Louisville's response to it:

Seems like a Wake Forest issue to us. We would also like to point out that Wake Forest is being very inconsiderate of our football team right now, because we are trying to get prepared for a big game. Just an unbelievable lack of compassion on their part.

I hold no ill will towards Virginia Tech and wish them the best in football and men's basketball. Louisville, on the other hand? Fuck 'em!

You're right, I had forgotten USC has gotten off to a great 2018 recruiting cycle. Plus they probably have deepest team coming into this season, in terms of a 1-10 roster. Wonder how many of those were on the hook?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read about this, the more I'm shocked by the depths and the amount of money we're talking about. How did they keep this silent for so long?

One thing is for sure, most of these programs are about to get nuked. Louisville might get the full on death penalty.

Louisville absolutely needs the death penalty. Not only are they currently on probation, they were given that probation in early June and by late August had an assistant coach(es) trying to do the same thing with Bowen for a 2018 recruit. This is basically SMU all over again, but probably even worse, which is saying something.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a scheme to fix games for gambling syndicates, but its not.

Looks like finder's fees to me, but we'll see.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, I had forgotten USC has gotten off to a great 2018 recruiting cycle. Plus they probably have deepest team coming into this season, in terms of a 1-10 roster. Wonder how many of those were on the hook?

I think its somewhat reasonable to say that the seven schools involved are pretty screwed. Louisville seems to be the clear #1, though.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its somewhat reasonable to say that the seven schools involved are pretty screwed. Louisville seems to be the clear #1, though.

Agreed. Shit, I hope Richard Pitino doesn't possess the traits of his daddy. lol. If so, we fuuuucked. lol. But the Gophers get like 1 top 30 guy every decade so we should be good. lol.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida, I think I read. And, I would assume that's because of Michael Frazier
It's South Carolina thanks to a coach that isn't even there anymore.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville absolutely needs the death penalty. Not only are they currently on probation, they were given that probation in early June and by late August had an assistant coach(es) trying to do the same thing with Bowen for a 2018 recruit. This is basically SMU all over again, but probably even worse, which is saying something.

Louisville is practically daring the NCAA to do it at this point.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably going to see way more schools involved in this before this is all done. 80% of the power 5 schools possibly.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke spent most of that year at #1, but the talking heads on ESPN were always firm that they believed UConn was the best/most talented team that year.

That team had like 7 nba players.