• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seven things to watch during Broncos OTAs

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Self-knowledge of one's weaknesses is the first step to self-improvement.

acknowledgement of my own perfections leads to what then??? lol just kidding of course

just a heads up guys... going to europe on vacation here next few weeks so won't be around as much! Don't miss me too much!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
acknowledgement of my own perfections leads to what then??? lol just kidding of course

just a heads up guys... going to europe on vacation here next few weeks so won't be around as much! Don't miss me too much!
Where are you headed to? Love Europe trips!

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to rome, corfu, budapest, Vienna, prague, berlin, amsterdam

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to rome, corfu, budapest, Vienna, prague, berlin, amsterdam
Glad you are going to Budapest - one of the most underrated cities imo for American travelers. You will have a blast!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you are going to Budapest - one of the most underrated cities imo for American travelers. You will have a blast!

For some reason Budapest - makes me hungry.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have a great time ...try and get ya some strange ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else thinking our pass rush could be even more deadly this year? I'm looking at our group and seeing 2 guys that are entering year 2 of actual play plus 2 others that are 2 of the elite pass rushers in the league and just thinking these guys could have a very special season.

Also just a jab at the Raiders who just paid Bruce Irvin $12.5 million for this upcoming season

Bruce Irvin Stats

36 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 2 PD, and 1 FF this past season.

Shaq Barrett for us

50 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 4 PD, and 4 FF this past season. He is being paid 1/24th of the price of Irvin.

Also just to add to that Barrett got his stats on about 300 less snaps.

Last edited:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else thinking our pass rush could be even more deadly this year? I'm looking at our group and seeing 2 guys that are entering year 2 of actual play plus 2 others that are 2 of the elite pass rushers in the league and just thinking these guys could have a very special season.

Also just a jab at the Raiders who just paid Bruce Irvin $12.5 million for this upcoming season

Bruce Irvin Stats

36 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 2 PD, and 1 FF this past season.

Shaq Barrett for us

50 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 4 PD, and 4 FF this past season. He is being paid 1/24th of the price of Irvin.

Also just to add to that Barrett got his stats on about 300 less snaps.

Great comparison!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few notes from today...

1) All 3 QB's were given 1st team reps. So far the Broncos have not actually claimed any kind of QB order and are giving equal reps to all 3 QB's

2) DeMarcus Ware was again absent because of his back. Now missing OTA's not a big deal for a veteran like him but still something to keep an eye on.

3) Just to show the work these guys put in. Paxton Lynch for example arrives at Dove Valley around 5 a.m. every day. He then is at the facility with meetings, practice, weight room work, recovery, and film time until 5 p.m. He then goes home and watches another 2 hours of film and then has lights out around 8 p.m.

4) Siemian and Sanchez have both helped Lynch with the playbook as it is quite a difference from his college days.

5) Henry Krieger Coble had quite a day catching passes. Team very impressed with his receiving skills.

6) Not good news but Jeff Heuerman is actually limited because of injury this week.

7) Devontae Booker did actually practice today.

8) Maybe coaches can learn new tricks. The QB's actually practiced a decent amount out of the shotgun today.

I'll try to update if I hear more. Have some meetings over the next couple of hours so might not get a chance until later this evening to update.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway I think that last ran shotgun way more ... not positive on that ... But I think his knees were on there last leg..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some of the observations by Cecil Lamney at camp that I haven't already typed.

1) Kapri Bibbs is getting a huge opportunity to grab one of the RB positions. He took the off season very seriously and looks like he really got into the best shape of his life.

2) Darius Kilgo is turning some heads with his play so far.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a cool heads up. I love the intern coaches the Broncos are bringing in this year

We have Ray Crockett the old player from the 90's that we loved watching win the Super Bowl with us to help the secondary.

Another that I honestly might be more excited about is Kevin Mawae. This guy was an 8 time Pro Bowl, 7 time 1st team All-Pro, 1 time 2nd team All-Pro, All Decade Team, and the list goes on as an OL player at the Center position. Just think this guy will be great for our interior OL guys that are so young to really learn how to do the position at a top notch level.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock Osweiler will not be going to the White House according to Brandon Stokley on 104.3. He will be at OTA's with the Texans.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Mason gave some observations of OTA's today

1) Anderson and Hillman both look much more comfortable in the offense. They are hitting the holes much more quickly and picking the right spots.

2) Lynch hasn't made all the right decisions but they do see improvement on his decision making already from day 1 to day 5. Actually showed the ability today to work through his progressions quickly and drew praise from the coaches for finding a later option wide open for a completion.

3) Lynch also showed great accuracy when throwing on the run today.

4) Shiloh Keo is getting recognition from teammates and observers of his improved play this year.

5) Vance Walker and Darius Kilgo both had great days at getting pressure in the passing game. Had some nice inside moves to get past the OL and get to the QB.

6) Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett are getting lots of work with Miller gone and Ware hurt and they have not disappointed.

7) Riley Dixon our possible new punter is impressing so far in practice. His hang time is down right impressive.