• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seven things to watch during Broncos OTAs

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Andrew Mason

Next 4 weeks

MLB Will be Interesting I have said it all along I think Anderson wins the job I also think the rest of the NFL must not watch Preseason games .... My god they must of been blind otherwise ..Because how well this staff is at getting MLB and then stuff Anderson on the PS all year With him being in every tackle on the field makes you wonder ...

add in Taylor who other teams just ignored also ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well obviously with OTA's starting today there is actual football news. Now remember this is the team practicing with no hitting of any sorts and so on. So read into these things as you will.

1) Talk of Training Camp was Paxton Lynch. They were impressed with his fire on the field, leadership, and improved footwork as a passer.

2) Jordan Taylor looks even faster this year compared to last. Norwood could really struggle to make this team with Taylor continues. Taylor also caught Lynch's first OTA touchdown of the year.

3) Virgil Green had surgery on one of his fingers and has been limited so far in the off season program.

4) Even with just having surgery Mark Sanchez still came out and practiced today. Shows he is not going down without a fight for this starting gig.

5) Sambrailo so far has been practicing mostly at the guard position so the move inside does look like it will happen.

6) I will eat my crow on this one but Paxton Lynch has started out as the 3rd string QB for OTA's.

7) Kubiak is once again showing he will take it easy on the veterans and give more reps to the young guys.

8) One very worrisome thing to keep an eye on. DeMarcus Ware's back caused him to miss practice today. We all remember that last year his back caused him to miss some games so the fact that even before the first practice it is still bothering him is not the greatest sign in the world. No reason to panic obviously as this was probably just more cautionary than anything but still something to keep an eye on.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, do you think that camp will be a true quarterback competition or have the Broncos already decided that they want Sanchez to be the starter for most, if not all of the season? I also heard that Simien looked pretty damn good today.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, do you think that camp will be a true quarterback competition or have the Broncos already decided that they want Sanchez to be the starter for most, if not all of the season? I also heard that Simien looked pretty damn good today.

I honestly think it is an open competition. My guess is that Sanchez and Lynch will be given just a bit more of a shot over that of Siemian but it does sound like as they get into this they will start off giving pretty equal snaps between the 3 and see who can separate from the pack. Also my guess is with how excited Elway is with getting Lynch and talking about how he will be ready quicker than people think I do think Elway if it were his choice and the competition was even remotely close he would have Lynch out on the field.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of getting the same feeling. It's not far-fetched to think that Paxton could be the starter in week 1, although I think the first 3 games are pretty brutal.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sanchez will have to epically F*** up to not be named the opening day starter. If things start going sideways for him, he will be replaced by week 5

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aaaaaahhhh Football ...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sanchez will have to epically F*** up to not be named the opening day starter. If things start going sideways for him, he will be replaced by week 5

Well from what I have read he had the worst day of the 3. Now given the guy had surgery what a week ago and was out trying to practice.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Talib said despite that one int, Sanchez looked like a vet out there making quick decisions with the ball. He said Paxton held the ball too long. Paraphrasing obviously

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that interview with Kubiak on NFL Live. Not sure if it was today's practice or yesterday's but he expressed he was impressed with Simian so far. Good to hear. On the rare occasions that Simians name is actually brought up on those programs, he gets the Ol " who's that? " and the laughs in background,etc. Pretty rude and kind of unprofessional by some of these guys. Hope he makes them eat it. Now before ya all get your hair up, chances are he isn't the " savior " or close to it, but I like to root for the guy the more he gets ignored and dissed. Don't see it being that far fetched anyway when you look at the QB situation anyway. Good a chance as the other two.:)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the matter with you Randymon - having the same opinion as I do?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the matter with you Randymon - having the same opinion as I do
Don't want to lose anymore friends on here than I apparently have already Mingo.;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider you a friend even on the occasions when you don't exhibit the brains to think like I do.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider you a friend even on the occasions when you don't exhibit the brains to think like I do.
And I apologize for not having the where- abouts to recognize genius when I see it. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are still my friend man. Always will be. Just seeing a bit of a different Randymon here lately and just trying to figure it all out.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are still my friend man. Always will be. Just seeing a bit of a different Randymon here lately and just trying to figure it all out.
We're good Cd. Nothing to figure out. I can be stubborn like many here. I'm just utilizing it more lately than others. I'm sure it will be somebody else's turn soon enough. We got time. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I apologize for not having the where- abouts to recognize genius when I see it. :)

Self-knowledge of one's weaknesses is the first step to self-improvement.