• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seven things to watch during Broncos OTAs

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a cool heads up. I love the intern coaches the Broncos are bringing in this year

We have Ray Crockett the old player from the 90's that we loved watching win the Super Bowl with us to help the secondary.

Another that I honestly might be more excited about is Kevin Mawae. This guy was an 8 time Pro Bowl, 7 time 1st team All-Pro, 1 time 2nd team All-Pro, All Decade Team, and the list goes on as an OL player at the Center position. Just think this guy will be great for our interior OL guys that are so young to really learn how to do the position at a top notch level.
We will take all the coaching help we can get for the O line especially from a guy with Mawae's experience and accomplishments. Good to hear.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5) Vance Walker and Darius Kilgo both had great days at getting pressure in the passing game. Had some nice inside moves to get past the OL and get to the QB.

First of all, who was disappointing? Doesn't someone have to be taking the beating? ;)

I'm glad to hear about Kilgo - a guy I thought last year would get more playing time than he did. (Of course t's hard to get PT when you re on the inactive list.) I expect him to push Sly for playing time this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh...Shannon Sharpe might be coming back to TV and unfortunately it will be with him partnering with Skip Bayless. I can't blame him for wanting to get back to being on tv. Throw in Skip does bring in high ratings but man at least to me if you want to be taken seriously that is not the guy I hitch my wagon to.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shannon Sharpe was a 7th rounder - he will never go anywhere in the league.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't find a tearful emoji.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Mason gave some observations of OTA's today

1) Anderson and Hillman both look much more comfortable in the offense. They are hitting the holes much more quickly and picking the right spots.

2) Lynch hasn't made all the right decisions but they do see improvement on his decision making already from day 1 to day 5. Actually showed the ability today to work through his progressions quickly and drew praise from the coaches for finding a later option wide open for a completion.

3) Lynch also showed great accuracy when throwing on the run today.

4) Shiloh Keo is getting recognition from teammates and observers of his improved play this year.

5) Vance Walker and Darius Kilgo both had great days at getting pressure in the passing game. Had some nice inside moves to get past the OL and get to the QB.

6) Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett are getting lots of work with Miller gone and Ware hurt and they have not disappointed.

7) Riley Dixon our possible new punter is impressing so far in practice. His hang time is down right impressive.

Cd, thanks for all the camp info, man. I love reading all that stuff. I could probably scour the internet for the same info, but you do a great job of that yourself, saving lazy guys like me from having to do it. :D

I feel like my finger is on the pulse of this team during the off-season thanks to you and others here.

It's really too bad we only get to hang on to 53 players plus the PS, because we keep bringing in an influx of talent and ultimately some of that talent will end up elsewhere, and other teams will benefit from our excellent scouting. On that note, I wonder where we rank in terms of number of players in the league who originally signed with us vs. that of other teams.