• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Senior Bowl notes

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have guessed Barner weighed a little more than 188. Interesting. Good to see Taylor impressing. Hopefully he doesn't wind up a Jet.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I caught one of his games this year. He was flat out dominant.

I've seen him a couple times this year and I really like him alot. He could always struggle with an NFL playbook, but if he becomes stronger and improves on his technique a little bit, watch out. He moves maybe as well as any big tackle that I've ever seen myself.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Twitter is back up. I'm going to finish posting some things.

Joe Everett:

LB Kevin Reddick, #NorthCarolina talked with a #Jaguars scout after North Practice Day One. #SeniorBowl #NFLDraft

----------------------------------

Eric Galko:

Tyler Wilson was awesome. Looks the part of a Senator. Great understanding/detail of career/ability. Best interview for most here #Arkansas

Denard Robinson also made it clear he's a WR now. Not a RB. Curious answer. #Michigan #SeniorBowl

Purdue DT Kawann Short called best DL today by a fellow OL

---------------------------------

Shane Hallam:

Nassib looked weary, candid and definitely charismatic. Looked you in the eye

Kawann Short was a good interview, thought about his answers. Talked a lot about consistency

My Terrence Williams interview got hawked by other media members, but well spoken and down to earth. Talked glowingly of Kendall Wright

---------------------------------

Daniel Jeremiah:

Purdue DT Kawann Short had a fantastic practice today. Won easy during 1-1's with quickness and power.

John Kryk:

Also, neither EJ Manuel nor Mike Glennon had been contacted by 8 pm CST by #Bills about an interview, each told me. FWIW.

-----------------------------------

Matt Miller:

Worth remembering that Day One is tough on QBs and WRs due to timing. Great for evaluating mechanics and speed only.

-------------------------------------

Josh Norris:

Asked Denard about possibly playing RB since he’s so patient with blocks. He shot it down, says he’s focused on WR. #SadFace

Also, Denard will be in contact drills, just wasn’t cleared to do so today.

A few more things from Senior Bowl Media night: Discussed Dysert's three different offenses during his four years at Miami (OH).

Said his offense from 2011 to 2012 wasn't that different. Similar concepts, just fewer receivers in '11 formations and more from center.

Dysert said the change had more to do with the OL than anything. Didn't want to get blitzed every down, so OC wanted quick throws

Also asked Dysert about the "No, no, no, yes!" throws he makes on the move or against the grain. Grinned while breaking each one down

Tyler Wilson was also very impressive. Discussed losing multiple top WRs and how it affected his game.

Also, WIlson said teams are asking about his singular concussion not concussions, as in not multiple. Thats a very good thing

Also, I can confirm Dennis Johnson did not fall off the face of the earth. Wilson said he is training and praised his 3rd down ability

Asked Wilson if its just a natural mindset to stand in the pocket vs the rush. Said he doesn't get hit 6 days of the wk, so 1 day isn't bad

Quinton Patton is Quinton Patton. The guy is a character. Said a lot of positive things about Colby Cameron, who fed him the ball often.

Patton dealt with press coverage quite often at LaTech, not many do. Some might not say he is sudden, but Patton is smooth. Separates.

May have slipped, but Quinton Patton admitted he played with a concussion against Will Davis and Utah State

Tony Pauline:

May seem strange but the Washington Redskins spent a ton of time with Lane Johnson/T/Oklahoma tonight..

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asked Wilson if its just a natural mindset to stand in the pocket vs the rush. Said he doesn't get hit 6 days of the wk, so 1 day isn't bad

Love this guy.