• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Self-defense stories thread ...

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Shoots Two Attackers, Saves Himself, Two Females

A 70-year-old woman’s basketball coach was attacked in the parking lot at Martin Luther King, Jr. Senior High School in Detroit, MI while walking two players to their cars. The men were armed, but so was the coach.

The suspects approached the coach and the girls and one pulled out their gun. The coach quickly pulled out his gun and shot both suspects. One died and the other was taken to a local hospital. Both suspects attended the high school and one was recently expelled.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She missed!

86-year-old woman grabs gun in self-defense | News - Home

She told us she's been the victim of theft many times before, and she's had enough and it was time to take a stand.

"I told different people if I ever catch them, I mean to kill them," said Louise Howard.

Louise Howard may be 86 years old, but she isn't afraid to defend her home or her life.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Wow. Good job young man.

Indeed. It seems like you hear about home invasions like this regularly. I have a camera at both my front and back door as well as the driveway with a monitor in the livingroom and our bedroom. I'm not a big fan of being surprised, not that these would help much if we happen to be asleep though.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happened a couple of miles from my house Tues. night...

Albertville Police Identify Man Shot By Homeowner | WHNT.com

On a side note, a buddy of mine who owns a trucking/logistics company in town had a pickup truck stolen from his fenced in lot a few days ago (they drove it through the fence). While reading the article above he ran across the pics of the dead intruders truck being put on a tow truck and realized it was his truck that was stolen. Dude was up to all kinds of no good before he ran up on the business end of the wrong sumbitch.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't know what the law on this is in my area. If you're in your neighborhood, and there's a loose pit coming toward you, I don't know what the level of engagement is before you take it out with a firearm or beat the hell out of it with a metal stick or something.

I would not hesitate. While most of those dogs are nice pets some are not. If one was growling and charging me say goodnight pooch

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't know what the law on this is in my area. If you're in your neighborhood, and there's a loose pit coming toward you, I don't know what the level of engagement is before you take it out with a firearm or beat the hell out of it with a metal stick or something.

But dogs are tough as hell, especially pits. It's not like you can call them off by yelling or easily peal them off of whatever they are attacking. When I read this I thought about what if that guy wasn't carrying a firearm? Would the two that were already being attack, be dead? I say this, and I don't carry. Even when Oklahoma makes it easy. How would Diane Feinstien have handled this?