• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Self-defense stories thread ...

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... thought I'd start this, so we could document episodes where guns saved lives.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a good one,,,all the assholes who think that guns are the problem just learned that if you want to hurt someone you don't need a gun,,,,,,,,to bad the nut wasn't put out of his misery

one lunge @ the fella with the gun would have totally changed the outcome

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great story, the guy went totally by the book:

Waffle House customer shoots armed robber.

During a news conference Saturday night, Wright said even after the masked men entered the restaurant, the concealed weapons holder waited until the robbers began ordering customers to the floor and employees into the back - while waving a gun - to act. After pulling his .45-caliber Glock, the customer ordered the men to stay put until deputies arrived. Only after Williams pointed his Hi-Point 9mm at the man, did the customer fire, Wright said.

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is you point a gun at him,” the sheriff said.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HCSO: Man shot to death at gas station after apparent road rage incident in northwest Harris County | abc13.com

The 23-year-old woman behind the wheel of a silver sedan told them the young man walked up to her car and was yelling and beating on her window. He grabbed for her door and she grabbed her gun and fired.

Leticia Quinones is her attorney

"It was at that point that she feared for her life where she felt like she was in fear of serious bodily injury," said Quinones. "It was imminent of death and she defended herself."

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellingham boy shoots mom's attacker in face with BB gun | KING5.com Seattle

The renter allegedly kicked in the bedroom door, attacked the woman and started choking her.

"He assaulted the female while she was in bed tried to strangle her," said Office Mark Young with the Bellingham Police Department, "and during the commotion her young son came to her rescue."

The boy swung a board at the attacker, who chased the 10-year old through the house. In the commotion the attacker, identified by police as Paul R. Newman ended up locked out of the house and trying to climb in through a window. When the mother tried to close the window he grabbed her and threatened to kill both of them.

That's when the boy ran and got his pump action BB gun.

"He shot him." said Officer Young, "at least four times we believe."

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WYANDOTTE: Father armed with shotgun defends daughter, assaulted by her ex-boyfriend - thenewsherald.com

WYANDOTTE — Two people were arrested Tuesday morning after an assault that could have resulted in serious injury.

Police were sent to the area of Plum and Sixth streets at about 10:30 a.m. regarding a man and a woman fighting. While police were en route, a dispatcher told officers the incident had moved to the 700 block of Orchard. The caller told a dispatcher that a man was fighting with her father, and her father was bleeding.

The caller, a 17-year-old girl, told police that her ex-boyfriend had been calling and harassing her via text messages. She said she broke up with him three days earlier. That morning, she walked out to her car and he appeared......

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-Year-Old Girl Shoots Intruder During Home Invasion In Bryan County

BRYAN COUNTY, Oklahoma - A 12-year-old girl took matters into her own hands during a home invasion in southeast Oklahoma.
The during that time, the intruder made his way through the house. St. Clair's daughter told deputies the man came into the room where she was hiding and began to open up the closet door. That was when the 12-year-old had to make a life-saving decision.

"And what we understand right now, he was turning the doorknob when she fired through the door," said the Bryan County Undersheriff Ken Golden.

The bullet hit the intruder, who deputies identified as 32-year-old Stacey Jones. He took off but did not get far before officers took him down.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From back in July. I love this one.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woman pulls gun on flasher: 'I'm going to blow your brains out' - U.S. News

Woman pulls gun on flasher: 'I'm going to blow your brains out'

By Jason White, NBC News

A flasher allegedly got more than he bargained for when he approached a woman at a lake in Washington state this week: a Ruger .380 pointing back at him.

“I put the magazine in my gun. I cocked it,” the woman told The Daily News online. “I said, ‘You need to leave or I’ll shoot you. I’m going to blow your brains out.’”

The gun reportedly had the intended effect.

“Oh, [expletive]!” the man declared, according to the paper, before running away....

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mom who shot intruder inspires gun control foes - Yahoo! News

Melinda Herman grabbed a handgun and hid in a crawl space with her two children when a man broke in last week and approached the family at their home northeast of Atlanta, police said. Herman called her husband on the phone, and with him reminding her of the lessons she recently learned at a shooting range, Herman opened fire, seriously wounding the burglary suspect.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a bad day. My ex-wife's father came looking for her because he wanted to commit suicide in front of her for being distant...and not giving him $. He was hoping we would tell him where she lives.

My wife felt scared and helpless and has since become a very good shot with her own lightweight revolver. Her Mass. upbringing told her guns are bad - she knows better now and that the kids have to be protected from crazy old people.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...n/64695-theres-bullet-hole-my-front-door.html