• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seems like just yesterday I started a new thread... here we are again. TEX @ OAK 7/22-24

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rangers hold onto Calhoun and continue to play him a lot, it is because they would rather him play than the younger guys.
An example is in today's line up

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20220724-133749_Samsung Internet.jpg

Another very impressive outing from Ryan Garcia. Maybe by this time next year he will force his way into the conversation about our top 10 pitching prospects.

Reactions: DTC

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so who you going to trade for?
Is Huff no longer in the running? Not sure he will be any better and not sure he can hit as well as Lowe. FO has to figure it out if they agree he is not adequate on defense.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calhoun is a competent fielder and Duran is in the lineup.

This board is fast approaching "complain about everything" status.
There is a lot of bellyaching about certain players. But I noticed that almost no one is saying anything about what a tough time Josh Smith is having. We don't mess with the golden goose. If it was anyone else we would be saying he needs to be sent back down to get some more work in. Part of that reason is we built this person up so much. Then we just keep hammering the same guys over and over for every little mistake they make. That being said I want Smith to be very successful so I am not kicking him to the curb I am just saying we do not treat everyone with the same measuring stick.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Huff no longer in the running? Not sure he will be any better and not sure he can hit as well as Lowe. FO has to figure it out if they agree he is not adequate on defense.
and do we know that Huff is any better? from what are we getting the defensive matrix on Lowe?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuild, yes!
Patchwork, no!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuild, yes!
Patchwork, no!
We are staring the last leg of this season. I may be wrong but do think we should give as much playing time to prospects as possible. We must find out what we have to build on and if we fail to do it we will set ourself back at least another year. My thought.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I have no problems with any of the players. I do have some problems with the way the manager, that the front office has in place, is playing the players at times. I have had some problems with some of the personnel decisions of the FO at times too. Of course, there are some other things the FO has done that is very good.

It is time to play as many young guys as possible. I mean play them no matter how they are performing. Taveras is really the only young guy who has had close to enough playing time to make an evaluation. Guys like Duran, Huff and Smith should be playing just about every day, this year and next, so we can eventually find out about them. Next year some more can be added to that list.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I have no problems with any of the players. I do have some problems with the way the manager, that the front office has in place, is playing the players at times. I have had some problems with some of the personnel decisions of the FO at times too. Of course, there are some other things the FO has done that is very good.

It is time to play as many young guys as possible. I mean play them no matter how they are performing. Taveras is really the only young guy who has had close to enough playing time to make an evaluation. Guys like Duran, Huff and Smith should be playing just about every day, this year and next, so we can eventually find out about them. Next year some more can be added to that list.
I can go along with that.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 302975

Another very impressive outing from Ryan Garcia. Maybe by this time next year he will force his way into the conversation about our top 10 pitching prospects.

I think he will!
Glad he’s back. Always someone I’ve been interested in

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If David Ortiz is ok to be in the hall there is no good reason to keep out Bonds Schilling or Clemens

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noticing how our commentators speak highly of Lowe's bat but not a word about defense. Guess they can't on the air or else they don't think it is a problem.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noticing how our commentators speak highly of Lowe's bat but not a word about defense. Guess they can't on the air or else they don't think it is a problem.

Yeah.. Lowe is dead last worst defensive first baseman in the majors..
His bat is above average but not elite DH type..
I’d rather see him DH though..
Maybe we can find a true first baseman?

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My apologies, I was accidentally looking at 2021..
Did the search again for 2022.. still dead last worst first baseman defensively lol

He 100% needs to DH or be traded if a team finds value in him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have time and believe we will find one. He may already be here(Huff) but he has to show he's the guy and that is if he gets the chance.