• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seems like just yesterday I started a new thread... here we are again. TEX @ OAK 7/22-24

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t look like he’s ever gonna hit with any power. Soft hitting 3B or LF’er isn’t all that useful, no matter his speed or hustle or ability to get on base. Maybe better OBP but seems like IKF part deaux.
You might be right. Time will tell.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't take that pitch Duran
How do you just stand there and watch that pitch? Granted he wasn’t expecting the curve and was thinking fastball all the way but you have to swing the bat and fight it off. Can’t stand there flat footed and watch it for a 3rd strike

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we lose again to A's
Can’t win games making errors and walking a bunch of guys.

We know walking the lead off guy in a tight game isn’t good but to walk 3 and load the bases with no outs is pathetic.

Lowe defensively is terrible. He’s a DH at best. Still hits better than most on the team though, so far this year but he’s a major liability in the field. Haven’t seen many worse at 1B in my day.

Adolis swinging wildly with runners at 2B and 3B and 1 out and striking out, in the first, is proof of a poor approach and there is too much of that. Wish they had traded him last year when he made the AS team and he had the most value.

This team is just playing bad baseball all around and I’m not sure, as constructed they can be a good one. They certainly shouldn’t lose to teams like the A’s but that’s what bad teams do.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are looking for another starter and almost guaranteed to make a move. They are looking at Gibson as one possibility so you know they are looking at Perez who was just on showcase at the ASG.
Wouldn’t be in a hurry to trade with the dodgers again after they flat out Owned us on the Darvish trade.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he needs to slide down in the line up
i agree. move Heim and Taveras ahead of him and then if he still doesn't get the message drop him all the way to hitting 9th. and then to the bench

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would have to get rid of the one we have first. Woody would still put him at 1B if we got another one.
right now he is one of our better hitters. what we need right now is a RF'er who can hit and not be an embarrassment at the plate

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't looked good for a month, ERA of over 13 for July...
He is really struggling. I noticed that he had a bad outing on July 5th for the 1st time this season. Then a couple days later he pitched 5 out of the next 6 days and on day 5 and 6 he was really plastered. That is a lot of pitching. You have to find ways to give these guys a break.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will we make our first trade?

How many will we make? One? Two? Three?

Will any prospects be traded for a controllable player or pitcher?

Who are the most likely guys to be traded away?

First trade? Wed the 27th at 1:14 pm central time haha

How many will we make? 4 I would think..

Will prospects be traded for a controllable player? Yes I would assume.. I’m sure the Rangers have the minor league depth sorted out and will be ok with trading some of their depth in quantity for a single quality major leaguer. The 3 trades made around this same time can be used to restock in the areas of need that we maybe shallow in currently.

What 3 players?

Matt Moore- Twins, Braves, Mets
Martin Perez- Dodgers or Bluejays
Kole Calhoun-Yankees or Braves

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First trade? Wed the 27th at 1:14 pm central time haha

How many will we make? 4 I would think..

Will prospects be traded for a controllable player? Yes I would assume.. I’m sure the Rangers have the minor league depth sorted out and will be ok with trading some of their depth in quantity for a single quality major leaguer. The 3 trades made around this same time can be used to restock in the areas of need that we maybe shallow in currently.

What 3 players?

Matt Moore- Twins, Braves, Mets
Martin Perez- Dodgers or Bluejays
Kole Calhoun-Yankees or Braves
Can't see Yankees needing Calhoun. Can see Perez going to Dodgers.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see Yankees needing Calhoun. Can see Perez going to Dodgers.
I would imagine a team would want Calhoun for a bench player. They wouldn't use him like Woody does. He would be a useful bench guy.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is really struggling. I noticed that he had a bad outing on July 5th for the 1st time this season. Then a couple days later he pitched 5 out of the next 6 days and on day 5 and 6 he was really plastered. That is a lot of pitching. You have to find ways to give these guys a break.
Not that many options right now cause most of the ones on the 40 aren't doing any better, Barlow is due back the 28th :noidea:

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super stoked the Rangers got the 2 best pitchers in the draft even though their 2nd pick didn’t come until the 4th round.

When will Kumar Rocker begin pitching for the organization??