• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

seems it's time to call up

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gausman

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dump TJ 13' campaign.:agree:

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Macfarlands doing better than Johnson...I'd cut Johnson first

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Macfarlands doing better than Johnson...I'd cut Johnson first

To be fair, there are guys with worse ERA and WHIP figures on this team. The issue isn't really keeping Johnson on this team, but rather Buck Showalter's insisting to use him as the closer. (Translation: Another theoretical possibility is cutting the manager... but that would be the last resort, of course.)

and use him how? starter? relief? closer?

* I'm not sure if Gausman would do better than Feldman as a starter... so bullpen it is.
* For the closer position, I still think a committee is best since there's no dominant reliever on this team.
* That leaves middle relief. I think Gausman could be used in a role similar to Hunter's (i.e. go for one or two innings depending on the situation).

Last edited by a moderator:

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hunter is an ex starter so he shouldnt be tired at this point in the season with his 'light innings load'...but if he doesnt straighten himself out he could be in k gregggggg status...he's not throwing it by people like earlier in season...hes averaging 95-96 earlier when he was dominating he was averaging 97-98 mph's...matusz isnt getting consistent enough work so its tough to pinpoint where he is at...o'day is o'day mostly dominant with a couple of outings that gives up that HR...jim bitch johnson can't seem to throw strike 1...u can always tell about his outtings by the first pitch of the first hitter...if he throws ball 1 or gives up a hit...he will blow the save...if he comes in and throws strike 1...9 times outta 10 he gets the job done...i saw it friday night and last night...he comes in goes 2-0 to the first hitter...then its downhill from there

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had every opportunity to close the gap with the recent play of Boston and Tampa and Nada! We did not take advantage and our bullpen has been terrible. No one to blame but themselves.