• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second hand pot smoke a risk for NFL players flunking drug tests

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be a rick for Denver and Seattle players now:

Brandon Marshall shares worries about secondhand pot smoke with NFL | ProFootballTalk

Brandon Marshall shares worries about secondhand pot smoke with NFL

Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall was in Jamaica for his sister’s wedding over the weekend, but there was more than just the nuptials on his mind.

In a tweet, Marshall said that “it smells like Denver over here” because of all the pot smoke that was in the air at the wedding and shared his hope that he doesn’t fail a drug test as a result of being in the vicinity. He then directed another tweet at the NFL’s account asking for assistance in dealing with the situation.

“Dear @NFL there’s smoke everywhere in Jamaica,” Marshall wrote. “I’m a occasional drinker (wine) red to be exact, but I do not smoke. Please help!!!”

Travis Henry once argued that a positive test for marijuana in 2007 was triggered by secondhand smoke — he eventually won his suspension appeal because the league didn’t allow an expert of his choosing to be present for the testing — but there’s not much else in the way of precedent on that front for Marshall. The league has since raised the threshold for a positive marijuana test, which will likely leave Marshall in the clear even if the air in Jamaica wasn’t so pristine.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I got a righteous buzz from second hand brownies one time.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brandon Marshall shares worries about secondhand pot smoke with NFL | ProFootballTalk

Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall was in Jamaica for his sister’s wedding over the weekend, but there was more than just the nuptials on his mind.

In a tweet, Marshall said that “it smells like Denver over here” because of all the pot smoke that was in the air at the wedding and shared his hope that he doesn’t fail a drug test as a result of being in the vicinity. He then directed another tweet at the NFL’s account asking for assistance in dealing with the situation.

“Dear @NFL there’s smoke everywhere in Jamaica,” Marshall wrote. “I’m a occasional drinker (wine) red to be exact, but I do not smoke. Please help!!!”

Travis Henry once argued that a positive test for marijuana in 2007 was triggered by secondhand smoke — he eventually won his suspension appeal because the league didn’t allow an expert of his choosing to be present for the testing — but there’s not much else in the way of precedent on that front for Marshall. The league has since raised the threshold for a positive marijuana test, which will likely leave Marshall in the clear even if the air in Jamaica wasn’t so pristine.

LOL thats actually funny. I was walking back to the office from lunch last week. And the guy about 4-5 ft in front of me lights up. I walked right through his exhale.... Didn't think about it at the time but yeah I guess that could of flagged a test.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is 100% false

youd have to be locked in a closet with someone chain smoking for days to test positive 2nd hand.

i know, ive tried using it.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
second hand pot smoke can kill you

I think

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on what limit the NFL has set for measuring parts per million (ppm) of THC. Many military members have tried using this defense and lost. I remember a few years ago the Army had not lost a case. Not sure if that still holds true? There have been cases overturned for mishandling of specimens. The Army has a very strict policy on the collection procedures, storage, and chain of custody. A positive sample is also tested multiple times to ensure against any false positives.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
second hand pot smoke can kill you

I think

Pretty sure you're right. I once did extensive research on that same topic...although I don't remember what the results where.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy doesn't remember either

1240325433_old-dude-bong-smoking.gif

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, its impossible. Cant be done. You HAVE to inhale it from the source yourself if they want to catch you on a piss test

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao

literally

been there a lot

Me too, lol....last night, matter of fact. Took a blast of some sour D before bed last night and I was a coughing madman. Ripped to all hell, though:mamba:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, its impossible. Cant be done. You HAVE to inhale it from the source yourself if they want to catch you on a piss test

I think it depends on the test itself. I remember reading several years ago the NFL test was much stricter than the one used by the DOT for truck drivers and that second hand smoke might actually cause a positive. It was a while ago so I can't provide a link.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on the test itself. I remember reading several years ago the NFL test was much stricter than the one used by the DOT for truck drivers and that second hand smoke might actually cause a positive. It was a while ago so I can't provide a link.

You read wrong, 2nd-smoke has never been enough to cross any threshold relating to any take-home test that I'm aware of, and certainly no gas-chromotography test. I was a UA (urinary analysis) NCO for my unit when I was in the military, had to go through a shit ton of training on this subject. And believe me, we had a couple of privates who tried that as a defense when they got popped for weed

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You read wrong, 2nd-smoke has never been enough to cross any threshold relating to any take-home test that I'm aware of, and certainly no gas-chromotography test. I was a UA (urinary analysis) NCO for my unit when I was in the military, had to go through a shit ton of training on this subject. And believe me, we had a couple of privates who tried that as a defense when they got popped for weed

Piss tester

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I ran trucking accounts where the drivers had to be DOT certified and were subject to random testing. Just like you said 2nd hand smoke wouldn't set them off. They only reason I remember the article was because they mentioned the NFL tests (Which I'm not sure were take home at the time) were so much more sensitive.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league needs to stop testing for THC. Flat out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league needs to stop testing for THC. Flat out.
Why? Should they allow players to play high? Most jobs you can't be under the influence of drugs or alchohol when performing your job.