• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've yet to meet a party that wasn't eminently capable of doing just that.
images

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rwn58lh5kan01.jpg

OH NOES, WE GOTS A PLAYGROUND SHOWDOWN AFTER NAPPY TIME

giphy.gif

Note to partisan hacks, this applies to both parties. Albeit, one considerably more than the other.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biden would beat the shit out of Trump, strap his fat ass to the back of his 86 Z28 and roar down Main St. with "Born in the USA" on blast while double-fisting Miller Lites.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowe - Burke the undercard to Biden - Trump? My brother-in-law's cucumber farm/barn is available.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This mentality is more just a little bit defeatist though, isn't it? Sure you have no chance of winning that battle but you might have a chance to win the war eventually.

If you get 28% of the vote when you were projected to get <15% that is a huge publicity/awareness platform. Now the publicity will be "your party ran a book burner". Seems worth it to me if you really believe in your party's mandate.

Things can snowball quickly too. If you had said that Alberta would have an NDP government 10 years ago you would have been laughed out of the province. You really just need the predominant party to completely shit the bed. I've yet to meet a party that wasn't eminently capable of doing just that.
Yeah, but how do you convince an individual to donate their time and money to what they know is a complete lost cause? What incentive as a possible candidate do I have to run against this guy?

And this isn't like a Hamburger Hill type of thing where as soon as one loses there's another immediately after to take his place.

And from the party's perspective, when you know the seat is lost in the general anyhow, why take the risk of a PR disaster - not to mention the money you'd have to spend - wherein the Not A Literal Nazi candidate loses the primary and suddenly you've genuinely nominated the A Literal Nazi candidate? The safest play is exactly what they're doing. Stay away from the race entirely and make unequivocal statements that they don't support the guy.

/Don't get me wrong, if they thought they had a chance to win the seat, I'm pretty sure they'd be supporting his candidacy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but how do you convince an individual to donate their time and money to what they know is a complete lost cause? What incentive as a possible candidate do I have to run against this guy?

And this isn't like a Hamburger Hill type of thing where as soon as one loses there's another immediately after to take his place.

And from the party's perspective, when you know the seat is lost in the general anyhow, why take the risk of a PR disaster - not to mention the money you'd have to spend - wherein the Not A Literal Nazi candidate loses the primary and suddenly you've genuinely nominated the A Literal Nazi candidate? The safest play is exactly what they're doing. Stay away from the race entirely and make unequivocal statements that they don't support the guy.

/Don't get me wrong, if they thought they had a chance to win the seat, I'm pretty sure they'd be supporting his candidacy.
I actually think it's kinda weird that they don't try to flip this particular district. The Democratic incumbent is pretty much a DINO (anti-abortion, anti-immigrant, pro-gun, no proof of this but probably likes mayonnaise) and a lot of his appeal is his last name (Chicago Machine royalty).

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think it's kinda weird that they don't try to flip this particular district. The Democratic incumbent is pretty much a DINO (anti-abortion, anti-immigrant, pro-gun, no proof of this but probably likes mayonnaise) and a lot of his appeal is his last name (Chicago Machine royalty).
There's sort of an unspoken detante on some of them sometimes I think.

The Democrats don't want to primary the guy and run the risk of losing the seat. The Republicans don't want to bother when they have 0 chance of winning against the guy that the Dems refuse to primary. And around and around we go.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"And can I get this stealth", looks at crowd, "means you can't see it, technology on gloves? I want to be able to move on women like a bitch, grab their pussys. But I do not want them to see it coming. I'll test it on Ivanka"

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She should have answered its about as stealth as the secret service is secret.

And then told him that Wakanda has the good stealth technology

Status
Not open for further replies.