• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys! Post Magazine©, the magazine dealing with messageboard posts, want to interview me about this gem of a post and my process in coming up with it!
Never mind, it was Post! Magazine, the magazine about Post cereals. They wanted to contact me about the effect of Raisin Bran's new higher fiber content on my middle age body.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind, it was Post! Magazine, the magazine about Post cereals. They wanted to contact me about the effect of Raisin Bran's new higher fiber content on my middle age body.

colon-blow-commercial-screencap.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, what? Lisa Kudrow is Trump's new top economic advisor? I guess it pays to have Friends in high places!

*co-worker overhears and sets me and my cubicle ablaze*

Guys! Post Magazine©, the magazine dealing with messageboard posts, want to interview me about this gem of a post and my process in coming up with it!

Hey, the Smithsonian wants these three posts for their collection! I gotta call Mom!

Edit: Nevermind, its on an article about how society was dumbed down enough to get Trump elected.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
educating-liberals-education4libs-shout-out-to-the-kids-who-are-31560998.png

This is as ill-informed as it is condescending, so naturally it's been posted several times by my Facebook friends.

Considering the Walkout was proposed, organized, and communicated by students, I'm pretty sure the students aren't being used as pawns. They're making a conscious decision based on the information and experience they have to demonstrate in an effort to effect a change they want to see. To suggest otherwise dismisses their intelligence, perspective, and agency.

But then there's also the fact that the 2nd Amendment was written to support the formation of state militias to preserve states' abilities to govern themselves without overreach and oppression from the federal government--a direct reaction to the situation with England they had just fought to discontinue--and which is no longer either necessary or viable.

They should but wouldn't learn also in their history classes that a major motivation of the 2nd Amendment was to make it easier for slave owners to control their slaves.

So I'm pretty sure if they did learn why we have the 2nd Amendment, they'd be just as all about ending it as they currently are, motivated now by having, you know, watched their friends get shredded by bullets.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is as ill-informed as it is condescending, so naturally it's been posted several times by my Facebook friends.

Considering the Walkout was proposed, organized, and communicated by students, I'm pretty sure the students aren't being used as pawns. They're making a conscious decision based on the information and experience they have to demonstrate in an effort to effect a change they want to see. To suggest otherwise dismisses their intelligence, perspective, and agency.

But then there's also the fact that the 2nd Amendment was written to support the formation of state militias to preserve states' abilities to govern themselves without overreach and oppression from the federal government--a direct reaction to the situation with England they had just fought to discontinue--and which is no longer either necessary or viable.

They should but wouldn't learn also in their history classes that a major motivation of the 2nd Amendment was to make it easier for slave owners to control their slaves.

So I'm pretty sure if they did learn why we have the 2nd Amendment, they'd be just as all about ending it as they currently are, motivated now by having, you know, watched their friends get shredded by bullets.

those-who-dont-study-history.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I argued with one person who posted it, and he seems to think it's a decline of the American culture that citizens did not keep up with the military in terms of the power of their weapons. So I guess he thinks everyone should have, like, fighter jets and nukes or something.

I mean, the reality is, if we don't want our government to oppress us, we just have to vote to ensure legislative turnover, run for office ourselves, take all the political action afforded us to keep our politicians honest. If the government oppresses us, it won't be because we didn't have enough guns. It'll be because we didn't pay enough attention when we voted.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got in a pretty long debate over the weekend about the student walkout. The people arguing against it said the students should have a "walk up" day where everyone is nice to non popular kids. My response was we should all be nice to everyone but someone is always going to feel left out.
I've never hid under my desk as shots rang out, never walked passed bodies of my classmates. So Im very uncomfortable telling those who have to do this, instead of that.
And the people who say the protesters are brainwashed or uninformed; you're arguing those kids should be able to but assault weapons.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what is very sad about all of this. Is the fact I am realizing how stupid so many of my own family members are and how much I really don't want to even speak to them anymore.

Example and I am dead serious...I have one cousin that joined the NRA and is now a proud member of the NRA. Guess what he never shot or even owned in his life? Yep you got it...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, the Smithsonian wants these three posts for their collection! I gotta call Mom!

Edit: Nevermind, its on an article about how society was dumbed down enough to get Trump elected.
I just got a hologram from the Galactic Space Force! They love my hilarious and clever posts and asked if they could use them! In exchange I get a Daphne Zuniga* clone.

Edit: NM, my posts were to be used in an argument to destroy the planet.

*She's been collaborating with them since The Sure Thing

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Example and I am dead serious...I have one cousin that joined the NRA and is now a proud member of the NRA. Guess what he never shot or even owned in his life? Yep you got it...

the-road.jpg

HAHA Son! We sure triggered some liberals, didn't we?!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the Big Boss man wants to fire HR Puffinstuff.

I am going to guess he is going to hire Hannity into that role.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish me luck, I am having my sperm count checked today. Nope, not trying to have a kid - trying to win a bet with a co-worker.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the NDP hasn't made this guy step down yet is staggering. Acceptance of any kind of violent rhetoric should get your ass canned, immediately.
Like, where’s the vetting? Not one of his opponents during the leadership race knew about this or decided to use it?

Who woulda thought that India would become such a political shitstorm across the board here lol

Status
Not open for further replies.