• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zaxby's is better, with no shame.

Yeah, but you have to go to the south to get Zaxby's. Chick Fil A is everywhere up here in the civilized world.

Again that probably makes him over-qualified... wait, were they Russian hookers? :eyebrows:

Worse, Northern Kentucky

Anyway, my vote for most overrated fast food was In N Out. Fries suck, burgers are okay but nothing great. That animal sauce was alright but I'll take mac sauce over it any day.

I have family and friends in Cali and when I said that In N Out was "just okay, I don't get the hype", I thought they were going to punch me.

Anybody been to Steak 'n Shake? Not too shabby.

One of my faves here. Fast food prices but good stuff.

And now for something completely different.
lIuLT0z.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Anyway, my vote for most overrated fast food was In N Out. Fries suck, burgers are okay but nothing great. That animal sauce was alright but I'll take mac sauce over it any day.
Blasphemy.

Burgers and shakes are great. Fries are trash though

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else and I'd assume all of these past tweets were photoshopped

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this is (swear on my mother-in-law's grave (when she does finally croak)) a completely unaltered screenshot of a tweet. Also a link to the tweet. Why would Trump like this? What am I missing here?

Db9ULWn.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Importantly, the decline in funding is not mirrored by an inferior quality of Canadian research. Quite the opposite: an interesting observation of the report was that citation of Canadian research publications, one of the best measures of the quality and significance of Canadian research discoveries, was 43 per cent higher than the global average. Thus, the cutting off the funding for research, despite the fact that the world research community recognizes the quality of Canada’s research, is all the more puzzling.

Wouldn't this indicate that they're doing more with less? And that maybe the people being let go were for the most part not particularly valuable?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Importantly, the decline in funding is not mirrored by an inferior quality of Canadian research. Quite the opposite: an interesting observation of the report was that citation of Canadian research publications, one of the best measures of the quality and significance of Canadian research discoveries, was 43 per cent higher than the global average. Thus, the cutting off the funding for research, despite the fact that the world research community recognizes the quality of Canada’s research, is all the more puzzling.

Wouldn't this indicate that they're doing more with less? And that maybe the people being let go were for the most part not particularly valuable?

I guess you could argue that but there is no indication that the quality of the research (according to the excerpt above) has improved with these cuts. It remains good. The quantity has dropped. In short there was no indication that Canadian scientists were conducting poor research. Just the opposite. They had their funding cut anyways.

As an aside I don't put too much stock in the "quality" of research thing. Like other metrics that measure intellectual contributions, they're skewed by a value system that has inherent biases. IMO, you put procedures put in place to ensure funds are going to qualified people (of course bias still exists here) and let them try different things. That's how innovation happens. Not by creating an echo chamber :spy: where all the same type of research is viewed as "quality".

Status
Not open for further replies.