• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC Sets All-Time Record with 7 Teams in Top 15 of AP Poll

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck yo couch, ninja...

Ole Miss is 5-14 in the last 7 years against the SEC East, and for a long while their permanent rival has been Vanderbilt. They're only 2-5 against the Commodores during that stretch, and they have a win over a 6-7 Kentucky, a 7-6 Tenn, and a 13-1 Florida in 2008.

That's pretty much their ONLY significant win against the East since the expansion; most of the others are against middling or pathetic East opponents.

1368839245_tumblr_m2smtylTMC1r2gow4o1_500.gif

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we finish with that many I'll be impressed.

I have a bunch of SEC teams in my top15, but that's not going to last once SEC West teams start playing each other, since 5 of them are SEC West teams.

I read your post, glanced at the avatar and did a double-take at the "we" part. Then read the next post before I realized you weren't oscar. :gaah: Of course, that means I read your post and didn't think twice that you were actually oscar...take that for what it's worth...

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe ole miss is a top ten team just yet but really can anyone discredit them tell me who is beyond proof better than them at this point and why they should be dropped from the top 25 solely because they have to play four of the best teams in the country. I don't go super Homer my team is better than yours but atleast wait till they lose cause they haven't yet. Ole miss has weak ooc schedule? They can't help that Texas and Boise state turned to shit.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe ole miss is a top ten team just yet but really can anyone discredit them tell me who is beyond proof better than them at this point and why they should be dropped from the top 25 solely because they have to play four of the best teams in the country. I don't go super Homer my team is better than yours but atleast wait till they lose cause they haven't yet. Ole miss has weak ooc schedule? They can't help that Texas and Boise state turned to shit.

Well, compare them to similarly ranked teams with the same record and give us some reason to believe they should be ranked where they are.

Convince us.

I'm not sold that Ole Miss is a top 10 team, I'm not sold that anyone is honestly...I just play a troll here to get people involved. Return clicks and stuff...Hammer pays me well!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, compare them to similarly ranked teams with the same record and give us some reason to believe they should be ranked where they are.

Convince us.

I'm not sold that Ole Miss is a top 10 team, I'm not sold that anyone is honestly...I just play a troll here to get people involved. Return clicks and stuff...Hammer pays me well!

They have a better resume than Oklahoma at this point.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a better resume than Oklahoma at this point.

I'll concede that point to you Sir.

They walloped their SEC opponent way more better than we walloped ours.

But that's not what I asked and I wasn't talking to you so...suck my dick?

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't convince you of anything because I'm not completely convinced. If we beat Memphis then we'll move on to the Alabama game and that will be where ole miss has to make its statement if they can. Until then why discredit them?

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until then why discredit them?

Ahh, a reasonable man!

I will answer your question with a question...

Why credit anyone?

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We credit people because of the known talent they possess. Ole miss has talent. What any team does with that talent is unpredictable at best. College football is a heart breaking game of wait and see.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, a reasonable man!

I will answer your question with a question...

Why credit anyone?

Because credit is what built, and then destroyed, and then rebuilt and destroyed again and is currently re-re-building this great nation of ours.

'Murica.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll concede that point to you Sir.

They walloped their SEC opponent way more better than we walloped ours.

But that's not what I asked and I wasn't talking to you so...suck my dick?

I was thinking more like Boise St was a better opponent than Tennessee, but whatever.

As for sucking your dick, pull it out. But don't complain when I'm done. I promise it will be memorable.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We credit people because of the known talent they possess. Ole miss has talent. What any team does with that talent is unpredictable at best. College football is a heart breaking game of wait and see.

I agree to some extent. But take texico for example, they benefit from some of the best talent in the nation...but somehow find ways to lose. With frequency. Last year's 'Bama team had benefited from top 3 recruiting seasons for a number of years, lost a last second heart-breaking loss to their perceived lesser-equipped rival and then lost their bowl game to another perceived even lesser-talented team.

I like OU being ranked in the top 5, but until there is some measure of connectivity between all teams...it isn't warranted. Wouldn't you agree?

The things we have to work with are:
Last seasons results
Coaching changes
Personnel changes

And that's it. How, as intelligent individuals, can we place definitive rankings on teams with so many variables in play? And how in the world can we use those defective rankings as a basis for even more rankings?

Quite the dilemma...

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more like Boise St was a better opponent than Tennessee, but whatever.

As for sucking your dick, pull it out. But don't complain when I'm done. I promise it will be memorable.

Take out the dentures or NO DEAL.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It remains to be seen if BSU is better than Tenn. The Vols may beat a couple of SEC they shouldn't.

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree that rankings are quite pointless at this point in a season. Realistically they never mean anything at all because at any given moment any number 1-25 can lose to the worst team you believe exists. All numbers but us rebels don't get to see them often so give us our few minutes to shine.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It remains to be seen if BSU is better than Tenn. The Vols may beat a couple of SEC they shouldn't.

Yes, and then we'll all change our minds and Oklahoma will be ranked ahead of Ole Miss.

Oh wait.

;)

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree that rankings are quite pointless at this point in a season. Realistically they never mean anything at all because at any given moment any number 1-25 can lose to the worst team you believe exists. All numbers but us rebels don't get to see them often so give us our few minutes to shine.

Rebels deserve to be up there just like anyone else.

Shine on!

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, and then we'll all change our minds and Oklahoma will be ranked ahead of Ole Miss.

Oh wait.

;)

I was just commenting on your assumption that BSU is better than Tenn,, they may be, but we really don't know yet, you are making these claims based on what BSU and Tenn. have done over the last few years. You can't deny that Tenn gets better players across the board than BSU does.