• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC Sets All-Time Record with 7 Teams in Top 15 of AP Poll

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have no problem with this many SEC teams being ranked in the top 15, provided that if/when some of them are shown to be not so good, they don't all cling towards the top because the team that skull fucked them was also ranked way up there primarily due to early season assumptions. Or don't cling to top spots if/when other teams have big wins simply because someone got to the 4 or 5 spot first and didn't lose while beating up Kentucky. Things have a way of sorting themselves out over time though.

A&M exposed SC in the first game and moved up a ton of spots, Ga. beats Clemson team that lost all their playmakers and everyone thinks they are world beaters, SC beats Ga. and gets all those positions back but Ga. doesn't drop far. From what I've seen so far, Mizzu may just win the East and A&M the West.

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Also important to remember is that SEC teams only play 8 conference games despite having a 14 team conference. This give SEC teams a good chance of not playing other good SEC teams. Also the SEC plays far more FCS teams then any other power 5 conference. So the SEC SOS is a LOT weaker then people think.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M exposed SC in the first game and moved up a ton of spots, Ga. beats Clemson team that lost all their playmakers and everyone thinks they are world beaters, SC beats Ga. and gets all those positions back but Ga. doesn't drop far. From what I've seen so far, Mizzu may just win the East and A&M the West.

And most other teams have yet to play a difficult opponent at all. Some teams like South Carolina already have 2, maybe 3 good games on the books and came out of it 2-1.

Where exactly do you expect 1 loss teams that have played that much schedule already to be? Same thing for Georgia, week 3 and they've played Clemson and South Carolina and came out 1-1.

Meanwhile Oklahoma is 3-0, and their best opponent thus far has been Tennessee. Whose goal on the season is to be bowl eligible. And if Oklahoma had just finished a stretch of playing the same type teams either South Carolina or Georgia just finished and only had 1 loss, where do you think Oklahoma should be ranked? I'm guessing you'd think they were still a top 15 team. I'd bet money you'd rank them as such citing how everyone else played cupcakes and how Oklahoma was a team that wasn't scared and played good teams right off, etc.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And South Carolina fell 12 spots, then 3 again the next week. Georgia, I suspect, would have fallen more than the 7 they did if other teams behind them didn't also lose (or win ugly). The only thing that really irritates me is that South Carolina moved up 10 for the win, which seems like a bit of an overreaction, but at least a somewhat understandable one given how ECU played.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also important to remember is that SEC teams only play 8 conference games despite having a 14 team conference. This give SEC teams a good chance of not playing other good SEC teams. Also the SEC plays far more FCS teams then any other power 5 conference. So the SEC SOS is a LOT weaker then people think.

So you think 7 less losses on the year, most of which would go to the bottom teams, is what gives the SEC 7 teams in the top15?

If so, just how retarded is your conference for not doing the same thing? I mean hell, you can just pick up 4 shitty teams and do the same thing right?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And most other teams have yet to play a difficult opponent at all. Some teams like South Carolina already have 2, maybe 3 good games on the books and came out of it 2-1.

Where exactly do you expect 1 loss teams that have played that much schedule already to be? Same thing for Georgia, week 3 and they've played Clemson and South Carolina and came out 1-1.

Meanwhile Oklahoma is 3-0, and their best opponent thus far has been Tennessee. Whose goal on the season is to be bowl eligible. And if Oklahoma had just finished a stretch of playing the same type teams either South Carolina or Georgia just finished and only had 1 loss, where do you think Oklahoma should be ranked? I'm guessing you'd think they were still a top 15 team. I'd bet money you'd rank them as such citing how everyone else played cupcakes and how Oklahoma was a team that wasn't scared and played good teams right off, etc.

So you guise get a benefit of playing hard schedules early, and will be penalized later in the year when SEC/FCS November comes?

Sounds fair to me.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guise get a benefit of playing hard schedules early, and will be penalized later in the year when SEC/FCS November comes?

Sounds fair to me.

You mean like Oklahoma is being penalized now?

This_isnt_fair....gif

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time we got to double digit negs?

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'm not making a case for OU, but how do you know Tenn isn't a good team, they may be as good as SC or Clemson,or they may suck,only time will tell. And as for cupcakes, almost the entire SEC played a cupcake the next to last game of the season, not much fear of dropping in the rankings going into the last week.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not making a case for OU, but how do you know Tenn isn't a good team, they may be as good as SC or Clemson,or they may suck,only time will tell. And as for cupcakes, almost the entire SEC played a cupcake the next to last game of the season, not much fear of dropping in the rankings going into the last week.

If those things play them out, then the rankings will change.

Nobody gets dropped on a cupcake at any point in the year. But you can get bonus points for starting out big. I even moved Oregon up to #1 in my poll because they beat Michigan St.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when Ole Miss doesn't crack the top25, they are usually just outside it. Usually a top40 team.

I do agree they get over hyped every couple of years and then nothing happens. But they play in the SEC West and even with everyone talking about how good A&M has been lately, A&M hasn't managed to crack the top3 of the SEC West yet. Adding A&M to the West didn't help Ole Miss either. Although before A&M it was Arkansas that was better.

How good do you think Ole Miss would be and would they finish in the top25 if they were part of another conference? Or hell, just even SEC East.

Anyone who uses the rankings at the time a game was played at a later data is dumb. End of year/most current rankings should always be the metric as far as that goes.

Fuck yo couch, ninja...

Ole Miss is 5-14 in the last 7 years against the SEC East, and for a long while their permanent rival has been Vanderbilt. They're only 2-5 against the Commodores during that stretch, and they have a win over a 6-7 Kentucky, a 7-6 Tenn, and a 13-1 Florida in 2008.

That's pretty much their ONLY significant win against the East since the expansion; most of the others are against middling or pathetic East opponents.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee beats Georgia next week 50-0, OU drops another spot.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care where South Carolina is ranked, I just want some style pernts for my BELOVED Iowa State Cyclogophebears