• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Seahawks having ‘serious and ongoing’ discussions with Antonio Brown

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll has done a pretty dang good job managing personalities throughout his Seahawks tenure. As a fan of an NFC rival team that routinely has to face the Seahawks in the postseason, I hope this doesn't happen. AB is probably more likely to hold himself together under Carroll than any other coach in the NFL.

In spite of his talent...I think Brown has been shocked into the reality that he's literally on his last leg in the NFL...it could be any team assuming the money is right, I don't expect any new trouble out of Brown.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In spite of his talent...I think Brown has been shocked into the reality that he's literally on his last leg in the NFL...it could be any team assuming the money is right, I don't expect any new trouble out of Brown.
Yep. The longer he went without a contract the more his ego subsided. Basically sitting out 2/3rds of a season was probably the best thing for him. He went from being a weekly headliner in the news for all the wrong reasons, to FINALLY being a quiet observer on the outside looking in.

He still has a 2cent brain, but the talent is still there for at least another couple years. I'd be more afraid of what a return to superstardom would do. Would it reinflate the ego, or would he finally act right?

Is that risk worth the media circus & drama? As a GM, you're looking at eating all that while he serves a suspension. Not exactly a comforting choice.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcontence (malcontentment?) and egomania are personality traits. I think he can probably suppress them short term, but it will certainly not last. Once he becomes comfortable in his environment, the old AB will trickle back in because that's who he is.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most wide receivers are divas. You ask him to shut up and play and hope he doesn’t embarrass you too much. If he pushes everyone’s button leave a poison pill in his contract where you can just toss him to the curb.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcontence (malcontentment?) and egomania are personality traits. I think he can probably suppress them short term, but it will certainly not last. Once he becomes comfortable in his environment, the old AB will trickle back in because that's who he is.

AB is a nutcase...I agree...but he's a calculated nutcase...if you noticed...once he got to NE...(a place he clearly wanted to be) most of the stupid stuff ceased that we saw at the end in PIT and his short time in OAK.

He got booted for the off the field stuff that happened long before he got to NE.

I do agree he is who we think he is, but he's all about the money right now imo and he knows he's on his 8th life in the league...if he gets another shot...he can count it as his last. He'll keep his mouth shut until he's ready to leave for good.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB is a nutcase...I agree...but he's a calculated nutcase...if you noticed...once he got to NE...(a place he clearly wanted to be) most of the stupid stuff ceased that we saw at the end in PIT and his short time in OAK.

He got booted for the off the field stuff that happened long before he got to NE.

I do agree he is who we think he is, but he's all about the money right now imo and he knows he's on his 8th life in the league...if he gets another shot...he can count it as his last. He'll keep his mouth shut until he's ready to leave for good.

Like I mentioned, I think he'll be on good behavior until he gets comfortable. If he gets another shot, it will last as long as his coaches and teammates keep him in check.

I also don't see him walking away on his own terms... There's too much Terrell Owens/Chad 85 Johnson in him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I mentioned, I think he'll be on good behavior until he gets comfortable. If he gets another shot, it will last as long as his coaches and teammates keep him in check.

I also don't see him walking away on his own terms... There's too much Terrell Owens/Chad 85 Johnson in him.

Some truth there, but I don't really see him getting overly comfortable...Brown wants cash and he knows this is his last opportunity to cash NFL checks.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some truth there, but I don't really see him getting overly comfortable...Brown wants cash and he knows this is his last opportunity to cash NFL checks.
In that same breath, though, some people are incapable of getting out of their own way. ...Like an alcoholic that gets arrested for a fourth DUI and swears to everyone he knows that he'll never drink again.......................then..................

...I guess we'll see how much control AB has of himself...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that same breath, though, some people are incapable of getting out of their own way. ...Like an alcoholic that gets arrested for a fourth DUI and swears to everyone he knows that he'll never drink again.......................then..................

...I guess we'll see how much control AB has of himself...

You could be spot on with Brown...he's always had some diva in him, but I wouldn't confuse that with nutcase Brown....Nutcase Brown came out when he was trying to get more money...get out of PIT, get out of OAK. Like I mentioned earlier...when he got what he wanted in NE...he was more like diva Brown.

You said it best...we'll have to see.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away.
Now it looks as though they're here to stay.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might look purdy on paper but Lockett is still going to get the most targets and Metcalfe will be second. And Greg Olsen will be third.
I knew like year 2 that Lockett would be a weapon. it is kinda weird how people outside of Seattle area dont know this.
I dont think of myself as some kinda WR guru or anything, but how do you not see that danger coming? (out of area ppl)

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks do get Brown then you can no longer be a run first team with how many weapons they would have receiving, trying to run in spite of that would be super counterproductive.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
For what the Seahawks do and want to do on offense he's not worth the potential headache.

Seahawks want to be a run first team and they really only become a volume passing team when they have to make a comeback.

They were dead last in 2018 and I'm sure they would've loved to have been dead last in 2019 but they had a lot of games that Wilson had to pass them back into.

I just don't see the targets being there to keep him happy and it's the one quirk that Carroll has in bringing in guys on offense that he'll hardly use when the best moves they could make on offense is building a stellar offensive line which always seems sorta an afterthought for them.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the seahawks WR corp is depth. If either Lockett or Metcalf go down we would be going into games against the 49ers or Rams or even the cardinals with Philip Dorsett as our 2nd best option. That is not a good situation to be in. Brown also gives us an option at punt return

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, Antonio Brown is eligible to play in the NFL with all the shit he has done? How is that possible?