• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals

Who wins this game? Cardinals are favored.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they put those games on a local station too. Thats going to be a problem
I went up on the channel guide and it's not listed on local channels.

Sucks that it starts at 6:30am as it is.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You likely can use a reddit stream to watch it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved it.
Get DAZN. You get every game of every team every week. Plus you can go back and watch every game from every team for the past ten years. And you get Redzone. It's a great value. Plus all the other sports that you get with it are just a bonus.

Fuck DAZN. Shifting between games is clunky as fuck. I zip about seamlessly with cable incorporating Sunday Ticket and 5 tuners on my multi-room PVR.

I got DAZN free for 10 months after signing up for Sunday Ticket through my cable company. Some promo where you got DAZN for nothing if you did. DAZN does have Champion's League soccer, so I watched that while it was free..

Cable kicks ass for sports. TSN has the World Cup coming up. They will have all the games and you can easily record them all because they are on cable. I will do just that,

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved it.

Fuck DAZN. Shifting between games is clunky as fuck. I zip about seamlessly with cable incorporating Sunday Ticket and 5 tuners on my multi-room PVR.

I got DAZN free for 10 months after signing up for Sunday Ticket through my cable company. Some promo where you got DAZN for nothing if you did. DAZN does have Champion's League soccer, so I watched that while it was free..

Cable kicks ass for sports. TSN has the World Cup coming up. They will have all the games and you can easily record them all because they are on cable. I will do just that,
If you just want to flip around and see different game then use Redzone. It's like crack for football fans. You can still channel surf if you want but, like you say, it is slower than cable. But I'm sure that will get better each year as streaming gets better and becomes the dominant form of viewing. Cable and satellite are slowly dying. I know almost nobody (outside of people out in the stick who can only get satellite) who isn't streaming everything now. I actually love it, and its soooooo much cheaper.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't NFL.net games go live on their website at NFL.com? I swore they did it just like ESPN does.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The schedule is about to get harder and like Wiz said injuries could easily derail things. However it's been great so far but I wanted to temper my hopes and dream just in case.

Yah, but good news is after the Bucs game 5 of the remaining 7 are at home (and we get the bye so hopefully everyone stays healthy on the London trip and then we can rest up.

With 5 of our final games, 4 being at home. Who the fuck put together that schedule? LOL. Jesus....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, but good news is after the Bucs game 5 of the remaining 7 are at home (and we get the bye so hopefully everyone stays healthy on the London trip and then we can rest up.

With 5 of our final games, 4 being at home. Who the fuck put together that schedule? LOL. Jesus....
London trip? If half of this team goes to England instead of Germany, I'm blaming you.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
London trip? If half of this team goes to England instead of Germany, I'm blaming you.

Oh whatever, the stupid ass game in Europe. London, Germany.... whatever, it's Europe. Thanks though, I forgot it was Germany.... don't want to sound like an imbecile to my family and in person friends.... I can get away with being a moron, here. You guys keep me in check... :love:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a cruise last week but luckily they had the NYG game on while at sea; equally lucky to have live TV on the American flight yesterday from Orlando to DFW, so I was able to catch almost the whole 2nd half on board. My takeaways:
  • The D is officially fixed. They gave up only 14 points on the road for their 4th straight excellent outing and bottled up KM for the most part, to include a handful of sacks and only 60-ish rush yards to RBs.
  • K9 is a perfect fit for PC's offensive idea. He didn't break off many big runs, but he was moving the chains and helping the O sustain long drives. Those three straight double digit play scoring drives in the 2nd half were backbreakers, and Walker was plugging away. I stop short of thinking that Penny's injury helped the team because he was playing at a high level, but it sure did provide an opportunity for all of us to meet our new workhorse ballcarrier.
  • Long drives mentioned above... this is the kind of O that is ideal for what PC likes to do, and we really haven't seen this team string together those long TD marches consistently for quite a while.... dare I say it, not since Lynch's glory days? The 3 possessions immediately following Geno's pick-6 sapped the life out of AZ's D.
  • Hey, welcome to Seattle, Noah Fant! Finally able to show off that athleticism and speed that flashed here and there in Denver.
  • Not a newsflash, but this draft class is unreal. You already know the names...the OL has been transformed. The run game has been transformed. The secondary has been transformed. You might have the OROY and DROY, not sure if that has ever happened before but it could be on this team. I feel like they may have finally undone the damage to their offensive identity that the picks for players trades did to this team. It took a lousy season and trading away the best player, but right now it looks like they pulled it off.
I won't lie -- while enjoying my morning coffee, I priced out flights to Munich for this weekend and <gulp> looks like I'll just be watching from the couch.

Bring on Brady!!

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they put those games on a local station too. Thats going to be a problem
I think that the local markets still get those games on basic cable networks (should be Fox in the Seattle area). Not 100% on that, though.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What channel is next weeks game on locally?
NFL Network
If you just want to flip around and see different game then use Redzone. It's like crack for football fans. You can still channel surf if you want but, like you say, it is slower than cable. But I'm sure that will get better each year as streaming gets better and becomes the dominant form of viewing. Cable and satellite are slowly dying. I know almost nobody (outside of people out in the stick who can only get satellite) who isn't streaming everything now. I actually love it, and its soooooo much cheaper.
I use to have redzone but I'd never end up watch a full football game, including the hawks... I got rid of it this year and to be honest, I'm enjoying football much more now...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the local markets still get those games on basic cable networks (should be Fox in the Seattle area). Not 100% on that, though.
I think this is correct, but are there really people who post on NFL message boards who don't have NFLN???

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Long drives mentioned above... this is the kind of O that is ideal for what PC likes to do, and we really haven't seen this team string together those long TD marches consistently for quite a while.... dare I say it, not since Lynch's glory days? The 3 possessions immediately following Geno's pick-6 sapped the life out of AZ's D.
Honestly, when was the last time that happened? 75, 83 and 81 yard drives resulting in 3 straight TD's to put a stamp on the victory... That also included 7-7 on 3rd down... That was a dominant performance by the offense with those last 3 drives... Also in the 2nd half, the defense held the Cardinals offense to under 10 yards on all of their possessions outside the one they scored on due to us going into prevent defense mode... We've seen this team control the game quite a bit in their last few games due to the offense and defense playing very well at the same time...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network

I use to have redzone but I'd never end up watch a full football game, including the hawks... I got rid of it this year and to be honest, I'm enjoying football much more now...
I only use Redzone when the Hawks aren't playing. When the Hawk game comes on it gets my full attention. But I love Redzone for Sunday morning and afternoon games when there's like 8 different games going. I like how it shows you all the good stuff from every game in real time.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opposite for me. RZ is a revelation. Not stuck to whatever is on the regional slate or the typical GB/Dallas/darling teams. No commercials. More exposure to more games and players I don't normally get to watch. Red Zone is fantastic.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only use Redzone when the Hawks aren't playing. When the Hawk game comes on it gets my full attention. But I love Redzone for Sunday morning and afternoon games when there's like 8 different games going. I like how it shows you all the good stuff from every game in real time.
Yes, RZ when the Hawks are not playing (usually early window when the most games are going). It's unthinkable now to go back to the pre-RZ days of sitting on 1 game with all that dead time.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, when was the last time that happened? 75, 83 and 81 yard drives resulting in 3 straight TD's to put a stamp on the victory... That also included 7-7 on 3rd down... That was a dominant performance by the offense with those last 3 drives... Also in the 2nd half, the defense held the Cardinals offense to under 10 yards on all of their possessions outside the one they scored on due to us going into prevent defense mode... We've seen this team control the game quite a bit in their last few games due to the offense and defense playing very well at the same time...
On top of that, our 3rd down % is much improved. We are playing behind the sticks a lot less (or so it seems), and we are also seeing fewer throwaway passes. I appreciate that part of Geno's game.

Yesterday was a dominant team performance. I know it was "only" a 10 point win, but the Hawks drove them into the ground in the 4th quarter. A page right out of the book from the LOB days.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a cruise last week but luckily they had the NYG game on while at sea; equally lucky to have live TV on the American flight yesterday from Orlando to DFW, so I was able to catch almost the whole 2nd half on board. My takeaways:
  • The D is officially fixed. They gave up only 14 points on the road for their 4th straight excellent outing and bottled up KM for the most part, to include a handful of sacks and only 60-ish rush yards to RBs.
  • K9 is a perfect fit for PC's offensive idea. He didn't break off many big runs, but he was moving the chains and helping the O sustain long drives. Those three straight double digit play scoring drives in the 2nd half were backbreakers, and Walker was plugging away. I stop short of thinking that Penny's injury helped the team because he was playing at a high level, but it sure did provide an opportunity for all of us to meet our new workhorse ballcarrier.
  • Hey, welcome to Seattle, Noah Fant! Finally able to show off that athleticism and speed that flashed here and there in Denver.
  • Not a newsflash, but this draft class is unreal. You already know the names...the OL has been transformed. The run game has been transformed. The secondary has been transformed. You might have the OROY and DROY, not sure if that has ever happened before but it could be on this team. I feel like they may have finally undone the damage to their offensive identity that the picks for players trades did to this team. It took a lousy season and trading away the best player, but right now it looks like they pulled it off.
I won't lie -- while enjoying my morning coffee, I priced out flights to Munich for this weekend and <gulp> looks like I'll just be watching from the couch.

Bring on Brady!!

We gotta get Homer and Dallas in there a bit more though. Walker has been a phenom, but I don't like him carrying nearly 30 a game against a tough defense..... I don't want to break the new toy..... I know Homer is coming back from an injury, but he had a couple good runs.....