• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

Russell Wilson - Wilson has been playing amazing this season, and is within striking distance of several team records, including - completion percentage, passing yards, passing touchdowns and passer rating. No one is talking about his as MVP - but despite the teams less than expected record, he's probably had as much an impact on the team's success as any player in the NFL this season.

Doug Baldwin - Baldwin has set career highs in all his receiving categories, and set the team TD record last week. It's a long shot for him to get the record in yards (284) and a near impossibility to get there in catches (21), but 4 catches for 64 yards would put him in the top 10 in each category.

Negatives:

#1 Seed - The number 1 seed is still up for grabs for the Cardinals, and will be the entire game with the Carolina game being moved back. The only reason that this is a negative is more a feeling that the Seahawks can't beat a team the quality of the Cardinals at full strength. It hurts to admit it, but the last 3 years I have felt the Hawks could beat anyone - I just don't have that feeling this year. After the Rams head hunted last week - knocking several Hawks out of the game - maybe Pete just tries to get to the post season as healthy as possible.

Marshawn Lynch - I was hoping Lynch would be able to knock some of the rust off after such a long time out, but that isn't going to happen. We're looking at Michael and Brown for the third straight week. The Rams were able to absolutely crush our running game, holding us to under 100 yards for the first time in a season and a half. Seattle will have to run the ball better if they want to win this one. The team will also be without Luke Willson, J.R. Sweezy and most likely Russell Okung.

Destiny - Seattle doesn't control it's own fate this week. With a win, they could still be the 6th seed if Minnesota wins against Green Bay. The only thing they control is weather or not they have 10 wins. Yes, they could still get the 5th seed if Green Bay wins, but with how the Packers have been playing there's no guarantees that will happen.

Matchups:

Mark Glowinski vs. Rodney Gunter - One positive is that an OG is almost never put on a NT all alone - and so Glowinski won't have to deal with Gunter solo - but if Seattle is wanting to run the ball then they are going to need their little used rookie OG to step up and play well.

Tyler Lockett vs. Justin Bethel - Lockett appeared like he was going to join Willson last week as Hawks players with concussion after a hit left him on the turf, but he was able to finish the game and will be just as dangerous this week. Bethel will be asked to cover the speedy rookie, and with the injury to Matheau, there really isn't any other help coming his way. I did just read that Lockett is questionable - so this could be moot.

LOB vs. Fitz/Floyd/Brown - Seattle has struggled against top tier recieving corps this season, including Pittsburgh (480), Cincinnati (310) and their previous meeting with the Cardinals (334). I'm not sure that the DL will get much more pressure this week than they did in week 10, so the DBs will have to play their best game of the season.

Overview:

I am finding it hard to get up for this game. It just appears that the Cardinals have more to play for than the Seahawks, and that the Seahawks are going to be missing at least 4 starters/key contributors on offense, and 2 more on defense. If Arizona wins this game, it could be fairly likely that this could be a rematch in a couple of weeks (granted Seattle would have to win at either GB or MIN). The Seahawks may just try to get healthy, and hope that the rust isn't so thick on guys like Lynch and Chancellor.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see us win but I'm not losing sleep if we don't.

I don't think it will take much to convinced PC to bag the game.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see us win but I'm not losing sleep if we don't.

I don't think it will take much to convinced PC to bag the game.

Looking at matchups, the 6 seed seems to be the easiest path to the NFCCG. We would either face Minny or GB at home, I'll take that over Washington. The 2nd round would be in Carolina which I would take over Arizona. I hope PC bags the 2nd half

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as long as we play better than we did against the Rams last week.

That shit STILL stings...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to play to their potential, starting now.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right! We forced a fourth down on their first drive, that's a good start.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going right at Sherman. Good. Very good.

First pass? That was zone and Fitz ran it well.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a hold? :scratch:

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a hold? :scratch:
Sherman better watch himself today. Refs may be playing favorites again, just like the ones who called our last game against AZ.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice snag by Helfet!

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the five inactives they just listed, the least of our problems will be the absence of J. R. Sweezy. He's the most penalty-prone out of the five on that list.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BULLSHIT!! Pass interference on Lockett? The AZ defender held more!

WASTE THE REF!!

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that offensive pass interference?
Just as I feared, this game is already fixed.

They would have to allow some big plays for us, but really, way to make a crap call!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. That draw is one of those plays that would draw the anti Bevell fury if michael didn't break it.