• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Raiders at Seahawks, 1:05 PM PST

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks defense is embarrassing...
WHAT defense? They absolutely refused to perform today!

Fucking embarrassment. I thought we were rid of Norton.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too late for all that.

At 6-5 you still have to try and fight for a WC in the weak NFC.
As bad as they just played at home after a 2 week break against a completely garbage team, they won't win more than 1 more game.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too late for all that.

At 6-5 you still have to try and fight for a WC in the weak NFC.
Man, don't talk of Wild Cards to a team that can't function on all cylinders.

Saw the rest of this season. We'll be lucky if we even get another couple of wins.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Jackson was also a big part of this loss. He gave up so many first downs on third and short by giving absolutely insane amounts of cushion between him and the receivers. Its nuts that the DC didn't give him a talking too for playing 8 yards off the WR when they only need 2 to 4 yards for 1st down. Jackson was not good today.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That call taking away the Jacob's fumble was a game changing terrible call. That call was brutal, and even Mike Pereira said they blew it dead too fast.
Yeah, the Seahawks defense needs work, no question, but when it comes down to it the defense did make the big play they needed to to see out this win only to have the refs take it away. This should have been a Seahawks win, even with the poor performance.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a terrible 2 game streak. 2 games that were both very winnable. Went from 1st place in the division to not even having a wild card spot now. Run defense was complete trash the past two games. Teams are just going to keep killing us with the run because we dont adjust anything to stop it. No pass rush.......at all.....also needs to be addressed.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd LOVE to hear a post-game interview where someone calls Pete out for the lack of defense and what he plans to do to remedy that.

Likely be nothing more than the usual, boring loss speeches/excuses, but just for the satisfaction of calling him out...That's worth listening in to it.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel we got Screwed but.................

That run D was Horrible. More reason for Fatboy at DT

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worst defensive performance we have seen under carroll, I dont think it even comes close.

what was the deal on the metcalf reversal? looked like a clear catch at the stadium.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worst defensive performance we have seen under carroll, I dont think it even comes close.

what was the deal on the metcalf reversal? looked like a clear catch at the stadium.
They said 576 yards given up by the defense is a Third most in franchise history

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Since we don’t put pressure on the opposing quarterback,I expect the Rams back up quarterback to have a really good game next week.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect every QB and RB to have good games against this D

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the over at least

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was a huge a letdown. My thoughts:
  • I am sure it's been drilled here already, but where was the D?? That was atrocious. Going into the TB game I think we all thought it was "fixed" but these last 2 miserable performances more than leave me wondering. I am now back to thinking we have serious problems on that side of the ball. Is it a talent problem?? How did we have 5 above avg to excellent performances and then revert back to what we saw yesterday?
  • It wasn't fun the first time, but we just absolutely need to knock off the silly mesh point fumbles. We had many critical mistakes in this game, and that one is definitely high on the list. Whatever that is, please take it out of the offense.
  • What's up with our run game? It seems we struggle just to get a modest 3 yard gain on most runs. KW had a couple good TD runs, but there wasn't much else. It should not be much of a problem to avg 4/carry, but KW is under 2 these last couple games. Very frustrating how difficult it's been.
  • I've seen a lot of complaining on social media and some of my text chains with friends about the refs, particularly the Josh Jacobs non-fumble and DK incompletion on the sideline. I don't know why it took them so long with DK because that was easy for me to see right away that it was incomplete (I was at the bar, so no audio to hear what was going on). The ball didn't hit the ground, but he didn't have control of it until he was OB. Very similar to the INT that was overturned in the ez. Looks like we may have been railroaded on the Josh Jacobs deal though.
This season sure has had some twists and turns. Before the Munich game, I was convinced it would come down to the wire with SF for the div title. After these last 2 disappointing games, not only am I questioning if we can even get a wildcard but right now I am wondering if there are even 2 more wins on the schedule. Hopefully I am just overreacting based on the kick in the gut from these recent losses.

The best part of the day was Denver laying another turd. That '23 first rounder looks to be top 5. We sorely need to use it on a game changing DT or DE. Until we have one of those type players, I think we'll always be vulnerable against offenses that have good QB/RB combos.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was a huge a letdown. My thoughts:
  • I am sure it's been drilled here already, but where was the D?? That was atrocious. Going into the TB game I think we all thought it was "fixed" but these last 2 miserable performances more than leave me wondering. I am now back to thinking we have serious problems on that side of the ball. Is it a talent problem?? How did we have 5 above avg to excellent performances and then revert back to what we saw yesterday?
  • It wasn't fun the first time, but we just absolutely need to knock off the silly mesh point fumbles. We had many critical mistakes in this game, and that one is definitely high on the list. Whatever that is, please take it out of the offense.
  • What's up with our run game? It seems we struggle just to get a modest 3 yard gain on most runs. KW had a couple good TD runs, but there wasn't much else. It should not be much of a problem to avg 4/carry, but KW is under 2 these last couple games. Very frustrating how difficult it's been.
  • I've seen a lot of complaining on social media and some of my text chains with friends about the refs, particularly the Josh Jacobs non-fumble and DK incompletion on the sideline. I don't know why it took them so long with DK because that was easy for me to see right away that it was incomplete (I was at the bar, so no audio to hear what was going on). The ball didn't hit the ground, but he didn't have control of it until he was OB. Very similar to the INT that was overturned in the ez. Looks like we may have been railroaded on the Josh Jacobs deal though.
This season sure has had some twists and turns. Before the Munich game, I was convinced it would come down to the wire with SF for the div title. After these last 2 disappointing games, not only am I questioning if we can even get a wildcard but right now I am wondering if there are even 2 more wins on the schedule. Hopefully I am just overreacting based on the kick in the gut from these recent losses.

The best part of the day was Denver laying another turd. That '23 first rounder looks to be top 5. We sorely need to use it on a game changing DT or DE. Until we have one of those type players, I think we'll always be vulnerable against offenses that have good QB/RB combos.

Too much of that dumbass 2 down lineman front, and too much Cody Barton (week 6-9 he was generally limited to a little over 30 snaps a game - week 10 against the Bucs and yesterday? Over 50, get that guy off the field)... and while I know Adams is dangerous, playing 10 yards off him (when you have over the top safety help) is flat out stupid.

Seattle desperately needs to draft another ILB next year and keep Barton in a game for a MAX of 30 snaps.... he's fine for that, but he's not starting material and opposing offenses know EXACTLY what to do, which is run straight at him. Yah he makes some tackles here and there, after allowing a substantial gain. And if you watch Jacobs walkoff TD, Barton completely whiffed on what was happening. He basically runs into Woods/Harris after Brooks took a block on the complete opposite side of the OL the run was coming off, and basically did nothing. We could've marched 10 out there, and it would've been the same result.

Get...... Cody..... Barton..... off the fuckin' field. Big fan of his work ethic and he's a good locker room guy, but that's where it needs to end unless it's a backup situation.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it's clear to me Austin Blythe cannot run block....

As of right now, Seattle should be drafting Center, ILB, EDGE and DL with their first 4 picks (assuming they resign Smith).

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it's clear to me Austin Blythe cannot run block....

As of right now, Seattle should be drafting Center, ILB, EDGE and DL with their first 4 picks (assuming they resign Smith).
Haynes/Blythe playing next to one another has been a big part of the problem... Is Gabe Jackson out for the season? Seems like we haven't seen him in a while... I could be getting him mixed up with Damien Lewis but I know we've missed one of our starting guards at times and the back guard playing with Blythe hasn't been that good...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Pete's presser was he schemed more for Adams then the run game. Ok, I get that since Adams is dynamic player but my issue is why not change up the philosophy seeing that Jacobs was running wild?