• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

Russell Wilson - Though his throwing stats haven't been as good this season as they have been in the past, Russell has been as good or better than ever at getting the team down the field. The last time these two teams met, Russell ran for over 70 yards, and if they sell out to keep Marshawn from beating them, he may need to do it again.

Bobby Wagner - Since coming back from his toe injury, the Seahawks have been the best defensive team in the NFL. Wags has been all over the field, making big plays and showing Seahawk fans some of the most amazing football from the MLB position. He'll be important today, as the D will need to give the offense as much room to breathe as possible.

Steven Hauschka - Hauschka set the Seahawk record for points by a kicker in a season with 143, and this year he's at 121 with two games to go. Arizona's defense has been really good at keeping people out of the end zone, so Hauschka's foot may be just as important today as the last meeting, where he kicked 4 field goals.

Negatives:
Calais Campbell - People just don't seem to give him the credit he deserves when discussing top end DEs in the league. The guys an absolute monster, and he reeks havoc on Seattle more than any other team. He has 11 (over 1/4) of his career sacks against the Hawks, including 3 during the last meeting. With the patchwork OLine Seattle will be running out there, it could be a long day for Russell.

Mini Boom - The Cardinals have 7 DBs who play significant amounts of time, and have 14 INTs, 6 sacks, 2 FF, 2 FR & 4 TDs among them. They are aggressive and they are talented. Seattle's WRs will not only have to find ways to get open (allowing Russell to get the ball out), but they will also need to take hits (Buchannon can lay the Boom) and the team will need to not turn the ball over.

Ted Ginn - Another guy who has really good career numbers against Seattle, and this time in the kicking game. Seattle's special teams have been down right awful at times this season, and they will need to ensure that the Cards decimated offense doesn't have good field position by holding the Cards special teams in check.

A Wash:
Injuries - Both teams will be without important pieces. Though the Cards are definitely missing some important pieces in their line up today, Seattle will be going without the 2 best linemen, which could make it difficult to deal with the Cards many and varied blitzes. Add in Seattle's OLine's issues with penalties (flagged 3 times per game), and the Cards D could have a good day.

Matchups:
Card WR vs. LOB - Ryan Lindley has some really bad career numbers in his 4 career starts, which is a major reason that Carson Palmer is a Cardinal. The LOB will need to make it difficult for him to find open WRs, and capitalize on mistakes.

Card OL vs. Front 7 - The Cards' OLine has actually been really good this year in pass protection, unfortunately for them it seems like they've been worse because their QBs seem to get hurt at the slightest contact. They have given up only 22 sacks this season, and they have statues back there throwing the ball. The Seahawks need to get pressure on Lindley and force him to make bad decisions.

Turnovers - The Seahawk's turnover numbers are way down this year, and they rank 20th in the league in turnovers - though they have had 15 in the last 8 games despite not having any last week. The Cardinals rank 5th in the NFL at forcing turnovers. Neither team has turned it over a lot this year (2nd and 3rd, with a combined total of 25). Whoever can force the other team to make more mistakes, should win this game.

Overview:
Two of the top defenses in the NFL are going to put on a showcase today. Unfortunately, for the Cardinals, their offense is just a little less potent that the Hawks' and that's even without losing their QBs. I don't know what the gameplan for Lindley will be, but look at them to try to take pressure off him, though it'll be that much harder without their starting HB.I just think that there is just too many injuries to make it possible for the Cards to overcome. Seattle 21 Arizona 7.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I see keeping the Cards in this game or just winning it for them is special teams.

Our special teams this year has been terrible. No return game, somewhat mediocre kick return average and we're allowing the top 3 worst punt return coverage. Factor in Ginn who is a good returner and has sliced Seattle in the past, bleh. ALSO, our punting has been pretty bad this year with blocking and Ryan botching that one. There's been only 1 blocked punt but quite a few that have been very close to #2.

Arizona's steams isn't that much better, but we gotta make sure we cover solid today.

I think if Seattle doesn't allow any big Steams plays (or maybe generates one of our own) we win this game hands down.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is No "hands down" in this game. If someone said Seattle was going to Pick off Palmer 4 times at home you would have thought that to be a Hands down win.

Arrogance is ugly, this game will be extremely hard to win for Seattle even with the Cards playing the Back up to the Back up at QB. That team wants this win as bad as any, If Seattle doesn't come and play the best game of the season for them it could be a long day for us 12's.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to either KJR 950 or Kiro 710 and they mentioned that the Cards run defense is stout up the middle where the center and the guard is...but the further you go outside on the edges their yards per carry avg is very average

I hope Russell continues to take advantage of that.

The Cards secondary can be had if we're able to attack the weak point in their defense. They play such an aggressive style so there will be opportunities for us to hit on some plays. If Russell is on today and gets some decent protection I think we could put up 20-24 pts.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan cooper is out for them too, another blow to their offense.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is No "hands down" in this game. If someone said Seattle was going to Pick off Palmer 4 times at home you would have thought that to be a Hands down win.

Arrogance is ugly, this game will be extremely hard to win for Seattle even with the Cards playing the Back up to the Back up at QB. That team wants this win as bad as any, If Seattle doesn't come and play the best game of the season for them it could be a long day for us 12's.

Arrogance is ugly... Confidence isn't .... We just need to do what we do ... Balanced smart offense with dominant defense... I'll happily take our best game of the season but that's not the only way for us to get this done... Win the turn-over battle and don't give them short fields... make there O earn it... On offense Russ is gonna need to get some things done because the Cards are a stout run D ... We do have the advantage, but they do have home field... So I expect a battle...

Last edited by a moderator:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrogance is ugly... Confidence isn't .... We just need to do what we do ... Balanced smart offense with dominant defense... I'll happily take our best game of the season but that's not the only way for us to get this done... Win the turn-over battle and don't give them short fields... make there O earn it... On offense Russ is gonna need to get some things done because the Cards are a stout run D ... We do have the advantage, but they do have home field... So I expect a battle...

The Seahawks won the turn over battle last year in Century Link and LOST! It's going to take more than you all think to win this game. I just hope i am not saying "i told you so" after the game.

I want to see The Hawks offense explode in this game. They are due for one because we have not really had an explosive game all year on offense really.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to either KJR 950 or Kiro 710 and they mentioned that the Cards run defense is stout up the middle where the center and the guard is...but the further you go outside on the edges their yards per carry avg is very average

I hope Russell continues to take advantage of that.

The Cards secondary can be had if we're able to attack the weak point in their defense. They play such an aggressive style so there will be opportunities for us to hit on some plays. If Russell is on today and gets some decent protection I think we could put up 20-24 pts.

Why not start the Christine Micheal instead of Lynch. Lynch is a Good Ground and Pound Inside guy, but Micheal is a more outside RB

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks won the turn over battle last year in Century Link and LOST! It's going to take more than you all think to win this game. I just hope i am not saying "i told you so" after the game.

I want to see The Hawks offense explode in this game. They are due for one because we have not really had an explosive game all year on offense really.

That was against a veteran QB though. Not saying you're wrong, but that was a special throw at the end of that game from Palmer. A 3rd string QB would most likely lose confidence as turnovers mounted like that, and just not have a play like that in them.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would you think the Seahawks will not be ready with their A game today? They know whats on the line, they know the Cards are a good team and for sure they remember what the Cards did to the Seahawks last year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you think the Seahawks will not be ready with their A game today? They know whats on the line, they know the Cards are a good team and for sure they remember what the Cards did to the Seahawks last year.

I trust the Defense to bring their A game, But we have not seen the offenses A game yet this season. I think we need the offenses best game of the season to win this one. I am not saying the Defense can't win it for us i am just saying the Cards Defense can also win it for them. That team has been pulling rabbits out of their asses all season lol.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are rolling right now and can flick the switch during games and take it to the next level which is just scary.

There is a reason the books have us 7-8 point favs in this game.

Go Hawks!!!!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well things are pretty straight forward now. Win out and we get HFA.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust the Defense to bring their A game, But we have not seen the offenses A game yet this season. I think we need the offenses best game of the season to win this one. I am not saying the Defense can't win it for us i am just saying the Cards Defense can also win it for them. That team has been pulling rabbits out of their asses all season lol.

Well the offense not playing their A game certainly isn't because their arrogant or over confident. It's the crappy OL.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung and Unger are out,Hawks are going to have to play their A game on offense.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping they get wilson out of the pocket, letting him stand in it all day will be suicide.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping they get wilson out of the pocket, letting him stand in it all day will be suicide.

Stand all day?:noidea: I just hope the line can give him three seconds before letting the flood gates open.:bawling:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Wilson doesn't get tackle right when he gets a hold of the ball.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All day meaning no bootlegs, no sprintouts, etc.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These pre-snap penalties need to go down as well. Can't give the Cards free yards tonight.